Playstation 3 problem

djf

Has anyone else had any issues with their playstation 3 being unable to read disks?

Mines froze mid game a couple of nights ago and now it wont read any games or blu-ray movies.

Any advice?

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea i had this a few months ago. Just call up the sony uk number and give them the serial numbers etc.. and they send a new machine to you and take yours away. I guess something inside fecked up. The new one came 2 days after i raised the issue. Very well delt with.

Isaac Begbie
Yea i had this a few months ago. Just call up the sony uk number and give them the serial numbers etc.. and they send a new machine to you and take yours away. I guess something inside fecked up. The new one came 2 days after i raised the issue. Very well delt with.

I also had the same issue with mine. Called the number and they were brilliant. Didnt ask for any proof of purchase - which was good as i couldnt find the receipt - which pretty much suggests that this is a common fault that they are well aware of by now.

They'll probably ask you to do a full system restore and then try again. It probably wont make any difference (remember you'll lose any saved data when you do a restore). If it doesnt work after the restore you'll need to phone back and quote the number they give during your 1st call to them, they then arrange for a courier to deliver a new console and pick up the faulty one. They dont want any controllers or leads, just the console. Mine was replaced within 3 days.

As Paddy says the service was excellent, couldnt fault sony at all. Apart from the fact that the original one died! lol

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea. You can save your data if you have a usb drive. You need to create 2 folders. I cant remember off the top of my head what they need to be called tho, "saved data" and "PS3" or summin similar. Makes it a lot easier than having to start each games again.

Jambof3tornado

if its a 60gb machine then they have to send you a reconditioned one,coz they dont make them now,but dont worry,I couldnt tell the difference when my sons had to be replaced.

And if you bought an extended warranty from Game get your money back coz they offer to replace your system with a new one if it breaks down which they cannot do,so the warranty is null and void(other than for repairs).:eek:

Great

Got the new playstation today

Turn it on. A-ok.

Then every five minutes it seems to completely power off despite all being connected correctly.

I don't want to cry but I might

jack D and coke

Sounds like the PS3 is a load of old junk as well. Thats 3 of the four people i know who have one have had to get it replaced.

It must be costing SONY and MS f***** fortunes with their unreliability.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Sounds like the PS3 is a load of old junk as well. Thats 3 of the four people i know who have one have had to get it replaced.

It must be costing SONY and MS f***** fortunes with their unreliability.

I've had mine since the week they came out with no problems at all.

:P

• 1 month later...

Last week I recieved a copy of the Lego Indiana Jones game in the post with a Sony Entertainment compliments slip alongside it.

As far as I can see it seems Sony have sent me it as an apology for the two problems i've had.

If so then i'm fairly impressed. Didn't particularly want the game but considering I was without the console for about 5 days total it seems slightly generous.

Last week I recieved a copy of the Lego Indiana Jones game in the post with a Sony Entertainment compliments slip alongside it.

As far as I can see it seems Sony have sent me it as an apology for the two problems i've had.

If so then i'm fairly impressed. Didn't particularly want the game but considering I was without the console for about 5 days total it seems slightly generous.

Yeah, ive heard Sony are pretty good with replacements, compliments ect.

Ive had my 60GB PS3 since launch in March 07 and its still fine to this day!

that is a good gesture from sony, i doubt microsoft would have done that

I got the chance to pick from a selection of ***** games or a new controller. It was stuff like Perfect Dark Zero etc...

I picked the controller.

Guest S.U.S.S.

No, they just extended the warranty to thee years.

Archived