time up laryea?

vlad on the tyne

vlad on the tyne

With the arrival of obua what do people think will happen with Laryea?.

Will Vlad now look to unsettle Kingston, cash in on him and see if Obua can have the impact Kingston originally had?

I just don't see much productivity from Laryea these days. He should be dominating games but isn't.is that because he is playing on the right or should his application be questioned?

Very talented footballer who on his day is one of the best in the SPL but we aint seeing this talent enough.

thoughts?

We_are_the_Hearts

Hopefully with the introduction of Obua, Tullberg and a fit Nade then there will be more options in front of Larry. Also a better RB than Thomson for him to link up with would be useful. He has been disappointing in the first two games but he will come good, hopefully once the transfer window is shut!! he was our best player against Hull as well......

Guest GhostHunter
With the arrival of obua what do people think will happen with Laryea?.

Will Vlad now look to unsettle Kingston, cash in on him and see if Obua can have the impact Kingston originally had?

I just don't see much productivity from Laryea these days. He should be dominating games but isn't.is that because he is playing on the right or should his application be questioned?

Very talented footballer who on his day is one of the best in the SPL but we aint seeing this talent enough.

thoughts?

Isn't Obua a defender ?

Isn't Obua a defender ?

Obua wants to play as the 2nd striker so I expect we will be playing 4-4-1-1 this season.

It is in the Scotsman.

We_are_the_Hearts
Isn't Obua a defender ?

Offensive player who was played out of position for the Kaisers at Left Back I think..

Isn't Obua a defender ?

My thoughts exactly....

Wouldnt have thought the arrival of Obua would affect Larry in any way!?!?!

inside right
Isn't Obua a defender ?

Seem to remember that Rudi Skacel was signed as a left back and Kingston was signed as a right back.

Kingston at least partly to blame for yet another goal lost on Saturday. Stood dreaming while Lafferty, Kingston's man, got into space to get the shot off.

He is such a lazy lazy player.

And so disappointing as he has more football ability than anyone else in our squad. But he is not exactly busting a gut to get a move to a better team is he.

As for Obua - it seems nobody on here has ever seen him play. So we shall have to wait and see.

Clerry Jambo
Kingston at least partly to blame for yet another goal lost on Saturday. Stood dreaming while Lafferty, Kingston's man, got into space to get the shot off.

He is such a lazy lazy player.

And so disappointing as he has more football ability than anyone else in our squad. But he is not exactly busting a gut to get a move to a better team is he.

As for Obua - it seems nobody on here has ever seen him play. So we shall have to wait and see.

Although still early days I was hoping for really big things from Larry this season - lets hope he starts to turn it on week after week. If he doesn't Csaba has not been slow to hook'um.

With hopefully a few more attacking options in the coming weeks Larry can provide that ammunition we are desperate for.

Although still early days I was hoping for really big things from Larry this season - lets hope he starts to turn it on week after week. If he doesn't Csaba has not been slow to hook'um.

With hopefully a few more attacking options in the coming weeks Larry can provide that ammunition we are desperate for.

I seem to remember that he had started to build a good understanding with Nade, before he got 'injured' ahead of the ACoN.

Neither are worth much now though. Hopefully both can recapture that this season though...

I hope we're not really talking about binning Larry for a player we've never seen play. He may be off the boil but we can hardly complain about his input thus far!

We also all seem to have an opinion about where obua will be best suited.... Honestly?! Has anyone been to SA to watch him play?!

I hope we're not really talking about binning Larry for a player we've never seen play. He may be off the boil but we can hardly complain about his input thus far!

We also all seem to have an opinion about where obua will be best suited.... Honestly?! Has anyone been to SA to watch him play?!

Who knows what Kingston's transfer fee was. There were about ?4m unexplained registration fees in the last accounts. He is reported to be on a huge wage.

What have we seen from Kingston. A handful of super goals. Some tremendous passes and nice dribbles.

But what else? Hysterical nonsense up at Aberdeen about racism. Every game sitting on the turf for non-existent injuries while the rest of the team carry him. Very little effort. Regular 'injuries' in order to rest before playing in international games. Shouting abuse at the 'manager' when rightly subbed off.

I think that I would tend to complain about what we have had from him.

He is prepared to play anywhere on the left, but prefers the role behind a principal striker.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts39-new-signing-Obua39s-arrival.4406518.jp

He and Csaba ill have spoken about this before he signed a contract with the club.

It will be goodbye Ksanavcius and hello Obua.

Jam Tarts 1874

Because Hearts have not been keeping possession, particularly in our opponents half of the pitch Larry has been ineffective. He seems to end up somewhere near the touchline in his own half having to scrap for the ball all the time - which he is clearly too lazy to do for even 45 minutes.

The passing and movement in the Hearts' midfield continues to be pretty shocking and as long as that is the case I don't think Larry has much to offer. Perhaps Obua can come in and help change the nature of our game which may eventually lead to there not being such a big gap between the forwards and midfield which may in turn give Larry a better platform to display his talents.

jambo-rocker

playing kingston on the right doesnt help as he loves dictating through the centre of the park. but his lazyness doesnt help, he just doesnt seem interested in trying now and if he doesnt buck up his ideas then i wont mind seeing him getting cahsed in on by the transfer window or even in january

joondalupjambo

Well need to diasagree. I watched Australia v Ghana live on TV in June here in Oz and he was man of the match, head and shoulders abover everyone else on the park and ran the roost. And guess where he was playing? Correct on the right of the park.

Bottom line is he was playing with far better players than he as around him at Tynecastle. That meant the load was spread and he had others to rely on other than being a one man band on the pitch.

He is a class act and if we can get quality around him during this season then I believe he will shine once more.

SoldierPalmer
Obua wants to play as the 2nd striker so I expect we will be playing 4-4-1-1 this season.

It is in the Scotsman.

if it's on the "Hootsman" it must be true ;)

think Kingston is more effective when played in the middle rather than rightMid - he's in the game more - IMO he's played rightMid because he's the best we have in that position and we have several players who can play in the middle.

Solution: buy a decent rightMid and put Kingston back in the middle and we'll see lots more from him :)

from what I've read about Obua - he seems quite a versatile player LB, RM and in the hole - think his role may be determined a bit by whatever we need at the time - which ain't necessarily a bad thing :)

Archived