What Would Be The Last Straw For You ?

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

Romanov's trigger finger is getting itchy again. Steve Banks' turn to set him off this time. He might not be picking the team but he's making players unavailable, an example being his rant about Banks suddenly unreliable and not to be trusted, therefore excluding him from the manager's selection. This will only unsettle things further. I don't think Banks saw this coming, and deserved a bit better treatment.

If the dark mood that settled over the team last season returns, I can't see how the new coach will get the best out of the players.

How far do we let this loon go before deciding enough is enough ?

shaun.lawson
Romanov's trigger finger is getting itchy again. Steve Banks' turn to set him off this time. He might not be picking the team but he's making players unavailable, an example being his rant about Banks suddenly unreliable and not to be trusted, therefore excluding him from the manager's selection. This will only unsettle things further. I don't think Banks saw this coming, and deserved a bit better treatment.

If the dark mood that settled over the team last season returns, I can't see how the new coach will get the best out of the players.

For me, the tipping point is if Csaba resigned or was sacked, and either publicly stated it was because of interference or the whole thing reeked to high heaven of what we've all become used to over the last couple of years. What happened to Banks is a worrying sign, and I feel very sorry for him - but it certainly does not represent a tipping point in my view.

Charlie-Brown

Closing down Hearts forever or trying to merge them with Hibernian FC and the new club being called Edinburgh Hibernian and playing in green & white at Easter Road.

ToadKiller Dog
Another repetetive Thread......................:irritated:

What do you mean Mcghee never got on the plane something smells.

welcome to june.

Geoff Kilpatrick
For me, the tipping point is if Csaba resigned or was sacked, and either publicly stated it was because of interference or the whole thing reeked to high heaven of what we've all become used to over the last couple of years. What happened to Banks is a worrying sign, and I feel very sorry for him - but it certainly does not represent a tipping point in my view.

That's my perspective as well, although I would qualify it by saying that if Csaba turned out to be a disaster in terms of results then a change would be required.

Harry Palmer

I agree with NMH.

Some think that we have reached that point already. I do not.

J.T.F.Robertson
Closing down Hearts forever or trying to merge them with Hibernian FC and the new club being called Edinburgh Hibernian and playing in green & white at Easter Road.

Why did the old adage, "last refuge of the scoundrel", just come to mind? :confused:

monkfish1979

The question's been asked before. What, exactly, happens when people decide "enough is enough"? Why are we even discussing it at this particular moment in time? Florid language and groups of supporters standing outside tynie will achieve feck all. Juvenile "protests" inside on matchdays will achieve feck all. Emails sent to people within Vlad's businesses will achieve feck all.

If any of these grand schemes succeed, we're left up **** creek without a paddle. Where do we go from there? Let's just get a little bit of realism about this conversation. We are not partners in this company - not even major shareholders. Our pushing power is roughly equal to that of a small, athsmatic rodent.

FWIW, my "tipping point" is if my club gets left in the doldrums and has to reform at a level where quite a few of the posters on here won't be bothered (despite assurances to the contrary) to show up and watch.

Charlie-Brown

Different people have different ideas and opinions - Hearts have been run badly and struggled from one crisis to another every few years or so for most of the forty years I've been on this planet - every club owner or chairman has faced protests, managers, teams & players have come and gone - so have the owners & boards of directors, some fans come and go, some give up for a while then return, some give up forever, some forever endure through good times and bad - for some people Hearts are their team - always have been or always will be - most football fans just want to go watch their team play and meet up with friends and family etc.....as long as there is football I think this will remain - and as for Hearts though we sometimes go down we can aye come back up. :)

Libertonian_II

*yawn*

Another day, another thread about a 36 year old average 'keeper who wants to play and coach :irritated:

Let's all turn it into another rant about Romanov.

*yawn*

shaun.lawson
That's Fergus McCann not Vladimir Romanov. :laugh:

_953651_fergusmccann300.jpg

LOL! Now I understand everything. :biggrin:

Sydney from Sydney
Another repetetive Thread......................:irritated:

That's because it's a repetetive problem. :wub:

Simple really...if I ever believed that Vlad had anything other than good intentions towards the club then I'd think very differently about the whole situation. He doesn't always get things right, and he has some methods that I'm not always entirely comfortable with...but I still believe he wants the club to be a success and that he has the means to effect that sort of development.

Different people have different ideas and opinions - Hearts have been run badly and struggled from one crisis to another every few years or so for most of the forty years I've been on this planet - every club owner or chairman has faced protests, managers, teams & players have come and gone - so have the owners & boards of directors, some fans come and go, some give up for a while then return, some give up forever, some forever endure through good times and bad - for some people Hearts are their team - always have been or always will be - most football fans just want to go watch their team play and meet up with friends and family etc.....as long as there is football I think this will remain - and as for Hearts though we sometimes go down we can aye come back up. :)

This puts it in a nutshell for me NMH, well said. Although a lot of the time i've had it wi romanov, i think of how it could have went wi the pieman and console masel wi that.

Simple really...if I ever believed that Vlad had anything other than good intentions towards the club then I'd think very differently about the whole situation. He doesn't always get things right, and he has some methods that I'm not always entirely comfortable with...but I still believe he wants the club to be a success and that he has the means to effect that sort of development.

its not quite that simple tho. if he continues to make the same mistakes, namely the interference and the extreme paranoia, then eventually enough has to be enough. as the saying goes, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

i'll settle for a stable year to feel that things are moving in the right direction. until the Banks affair everything was looking rosy again. when we learn more about what's actually happened in the last week, and what the after effects are going to be, we'll be in a better position to judge.

its not quite that simple tho. if he continues to make the same mistakes, namely the interference and the extreme paranoia, then eventually enough has to be enough. as the saying goes, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

i'll settle for a stable year to feel that things are moving in the right direction. until the Banks affair everything was looking rosy again. when we learn more about what's actually happened in the last week, and what the after effects are going to be, we'll be in a better position to judge.

Well, yes..of course. I was trying to keep it simple. There are lots of ifs and buts along the way but the bottom line is that I'm focusing on intention for the moment. If the eccentricities become too much (as they seem to have done before) then definitely, I'd start to think differently about it.

Stability is key at the moment, and I suppose if we look at long term and short term aims then that has to be at the top of both lists. Both financially and in a footballing sense.

Banksy has to say something at some point, and it'll be very interesting to hear his take on things.

This puts it in a nutshell for me NMH, well said. Although a lot of the time i've had it wi romanov, i think of how it could have went wi the pieman and console masel wi that.

An excellent reminder of what a bad situation was really like. The way Hearts are being run today is far from ideal but I still shudder at the memory of the announcement that we had agreed to sell Tynecastle to Cala Homes. The only time I have genuinely felt that this club was on its way to hell in a handcart via Third Lanark.

That's Fergus McCann not Vladimir Romanov. :laugh:

_953651_fergusmccann300.jpg

It's a pity Romanov's plan for Hearts isn't as coherent as McCann's was for Celtic !

Well, yes..of course. I was trying to keep it simple. There are lots of ifs and buts along the way but the bottom line is that I'm focusing on intention for the moment. If the eccentricities become too much (as they seem to have done before) then definitely, I'd start to think differently about it.

Stability is key at the moment, and I suppose if we look at long term and short term aims then that has to be at the top of both lists. Both financially and in a footballing sense.

Banksy has to say something at some point, and it'll be very interesting to hear his take on things.

i think for many, myself included, that this is a make or break season. for it to be judged a success isn't that much of a stretch tho - top 6, the manager being allowed to manage, the team playing as a cohesive unit in a meritocracy - all pretty easy to achieve.

alternatively he can continue to act like a prize trumpet but pour in loads of cash and have us challenging for the league & possible success in the cups - i'd take the thirty pieces of silver in that scenario too.

however, it remains a distinct possibility he'll continue to learn hee haw & undermine us every step of the way.

Banksy's feelings would be good to know - i hate the way we treat people at the club at the moment.

i think for many, myself included, that this is a make or break season. for it to be judged a success isn't that much of a stretch tho - top 6, the manager being allowed to manage, the team playing as a cohesive unit in a meritocracy - all pretty easy to achieve.

alternatively he can continue to act like a prize trumpet but pour in loads of cash and have us challenging for the league & possible success in the cups - i'd take the thirty pieces of silver in that scenario too.

however, it remains a distinct possibility he'll continue to learn hee haw & undermine us every step of the way.

Banksy's feelings would be good to know - i hate the way we treat people at the club at the moment.

Absolutely. But we saw how quickly (and how easily!) his actions can have us all collectively going from despair to excitement. I don't know whether that means that people are on an emotional knife edge or whether things were never really that bad in the first place. I think it's probably a bit of both. But we're not asking for much and Vlad does seem to have finally worked us out in that respect - or at least, his PR machine have....the natives are easily calmed with communication and a football club doing normal football club type things. Not losing all the time helps too, of course.

I don't like the way they treat people, and I am quite sure that they're rotten baskets at times...there's no smoke without fire. But I'm also conscious of the fact that the way people handle the press in relation to negotiations/disputes with Hearts has changed a lot. The recent prime example being Screpis. The media's attitude towards the club and Vlad (and the fact that characterising them both in a certain way is advantageous to them) means that they're very receptive to certain types of information and stories...and others will use that to their advantage.

true, it could well be that people have learned to manipulate the press knowing our reputation. the only solution to that is to make the reputation an unfair one.

GlynnSnodin4-2

My 'tipping point' i'm afraid came a long time ago - a defeat by hibs in the league cup at fester rd when kockitupcha was in charge - a truly dreadful and heartless performance which made it clear to me that the interference from above was institutional, corrosive and non-changeable - it confirmed that romanov understood nothing about the importance of team spirit and man management.

I have one form of meaningful protest open to me and that is not to buy the season ticket which I had for 10 of 13 years previously.

A leopard cannot change his spots.

Sydney from Sydney
It's a pity Romanov's plan for Hearts isn't as coherent as McCann's was for Celtic !

Have to agree entirely with you. The Celtic fans had there run ins with the baldy man, but you can't fault his outcome and I believe the majority of the fans would go through it again if it meant Celtic being in the healthy financial position they're presently in.

Our predicament and "saviour" is totally different. Decent people don't treat people the way this man does and I'm still unconvinced we're out of the water debt wise. I know he saved us from Cala homes, so please don't remind me of that.

His treatment of Banks comes at a time when I thought we might be in for a season free from interference from this loon. The last straw for me would be another calamatous season because Vlad continued with his witch hunt tactics.

Harry Palmer

I just had a thought....

Heart of Midlothian fans are paranoid about Mr Romanov being paranoid..

Doesn't make sense does it? Or does it?:confused:

Well, if some have given up on supporting Heart of Midlothian then fair enough, I respect their decision. I shall continue for some strange absurd reason that I cannot put into words.

Does anyone know, what you-know-who is thinking at the moment? Is the newspaper report correct? Does it matter as it will be gospel regardless.

We are on the highway to Hell....

Sydney from Sydney
I just had a thought....

Heart of Midlothian fans are paranoid about Mr Romanov being paranoid..

Doesn't make sense does it? Or does it?:confused:

Well, if some have given up on supporting Heart of Midlothian then fair enough, I respect their decision. I shall continue for some strange absurd reason that I cannot put into words.

Does anyone know, what you-know-who is thinking at the moment? Is the newspaper report correct? Does it matter as it will be gospel regardless.

We are on the highway to Hell....

There's no way in the world I could ever stop being a Hearts supporter. Besides I'm too old to stop now. When I asked what would be the last straw, I was referring to the mad bloke, not the club. Hearts will always be around despite what this idiot does. Personally I think he might try and cash in on Larry and the Ugandan and a couple more players and sell up if a buyer can be found. And that's fine by me as long as it's not Cala Homes.

Tipping point for me would be if we sold Tynecastle and moved to Murrayfield.

It's just the same old **** that people keep spouting. Unless there is a target for their hatred and have nobody to hound from the club they are not happy.

VR, Frail, Rix, Robbie Nielson, Miko etc etc etc blah blah blah.

It's at the point where it is just boring. Fine, you hate Romanov and it is very easy to say GTF Vlad etc etc but just what is the alternative?

He ain't perfect and can be a ****** of the highest order but IMO he does have our best interests as his goal and to be fair it appears that his paranoia surrounding Scottish Football is either infectious or has some basis judging by others who are now joining in.

Bottom line is until somebody comes up with an alternative you can either:-

- saddle up and enjoy the ride.

- Turn your back and walk away.

- Keep coming on here and moan

I don't think there is any danger of that. Laszlo has taken a step up on the managerial ladder for more money but is well aware of the script as we could see in the first press conference when he fudged the questions about who would be picking the team.

He's been perfectly happy to present VR's decisions so far and jump about in the dugout. What would change that situation for him?

By The Light..

if he was in the away dressing room at Ibrox then he has not learned his lesson and we are destined to suffer all the same crap we endured last season in various guises.

:confused:

Are you taking the p*ss? you wouldn't consider sabotaging a title challenge bad intentions? :confused:

ernie winchester

Describes my feelings perfectly! :fing25:

Buffalo Bill

I will was always support the team. Even if we get relegated.

The last straw for me is when I buy the farm, and even then I will haunt Section B from beyond the grave.

Buffalo Bill

MacDonald Jardine
An excellent reminder of what a bad situation was really like. The way Hearts are being run today is far from ideal but I still shudder at the memory of the announcement that we had agreed to sell Tynecastle to Cala Homes. The only time I have genuinely felt that this club was on its way to hell in a handcart via Third Lanark.

And yet how quickly people forget.

shaun.lawson
I don't think there is any danger of that. Laszlo has taken a step up on the managerial ladder for more money but is well aware of the script as we could see in the first press conference when he fudged the questions about who would be picking the team.

He's been perfectly happy to present VR's decisions so far and jump about in the dugout. What would change that situation for him?

Mmm... that wasn't my take on his initial press conference, to be honest. He hadn't met Vlad to discuss the job yet, of course, but does have experience of working in a continental DoF/head coach structure. I think he knew that a lot of politics would be required to win Romanov over, but probably couldn't believe the reputation the club has gained over the last two years was wholly accurate.

I think he very much buys into the idea of the club working as one, with key decisions made, well, together. But if things fall apart as they have in the recent past, at some stage he'd surely conclude that his ability to do his job, ie. win football matches, was being undermined. My hope is that his time at Hearts proves much like his time at Ferencvaros: on the continent, the owner, Sporting Director and head coach work together all the time. It's if he finds that Hearts are a breed apart, and Romanov just cannot be worked with effectively that we'd have a problem.

Archived