DJ Suggestions please...

Craig R

Have been asked to try and think of some DJs or acts who are pretty well known wiv da kidz (i.e. 18 year olds) for booking at a Freshers Week event. Now my tastes are fairly underground and I generally hate all commercial music so I'm finding it difficult.

Can anyone offer any realistic (e.g. not Tiesto) suggestions?

Any youngsters on here able to suggest someone they'd like to see at Freshers Week if they are starting Uni soon?

Neil Landstumm - lives in Edinburgh and a techno legend.

Probably cost ?300-?400

Bit too underground...ideally your average student kid needs to recognise the name.

heartsfc_fan
Have been asked to try and think of some DJs or acts who are pretty well known wiv da kidz (i.e. 18 year olds) for booking at a Freshers Week event. Now my tastes are fairly underground and I generally hate all commercial music so I'm finding it difficult.

Can anyone offer any realistic (e.g. not Tiesto) suggestions?

Any youngsters on here able to suggest someone they'd like to see at Freshers Week if they are starting Uni soon?

What uni freshers week is it?

what about one of the rubbish dj's off radio 1. they do all the student stuff. or pete doherty is skint enough to do somehting like that. plus members of rubbish bands such as the view would do it, they dj'd at at a jjb sports in glasgow not to long ago i think.

Does Colin Murray not do cavendish all the time? Failing that hows about this chap? Guaranteed to get change from a fiver!

Funhousesharp.gif

what about one of the rubbish dj's off radio 1. they do all the student stuff. or pete doherty is skint enough to do somehting like that. plus members of rubbish bands such as the view would do it, they dj'd at at a jjb sports in glasgow not to long ago i think.

Aye could be a decent shout.

Well, maybe not Doherty. ;)

Does Colin Murray not do cavendish all the time? Failing that hows about this chap? Guaranteed to get change from a fiver!

Funhousesharp.gif

Murray and Edith Bowman used to do the Glasgow QM quite often, Westwood did the Glasgow Uni a couple of years ago as well.

I saw Pat Sharp at one of my fresher weeks once, he didnt dj tho, just got ppl on stage and made them drink loads of milk, jackass style :confused:

The People's Chimp
Aye could be a decent shout.

Well, maybe not Doherty. ;)

a couple of the guys from babyshambles have done dj sets quite often in glasgow. i think they're pretty popular. i see that bloc party are doing one here as well.

a couple of the guys from babyshambles have done dj sets quite often in glasgow. i think they're pretty popular. i see that bloc party are doing one here as well.

What about Pat Nevin?

The People's Chimp
What about Pat Nevin?

Indeed. Suggestion of the thread. I signed up for the scabby duck's mailing list so I'll give you a heads up the next time he's playing a 4 hour set. I'd like to see him back at death disco though.

Speak to some of the local clubnights ie Musika and Tokyoblu and see if any of their residents can play, never know they may also be able to put you onto other 'larger' name DJs, if your budget permits.

What about Richie Rufftone?

He works in Underground Solush'n and was the UK DMC.

He wouldn't cost much and he's probably one of the best turntablist in Britain.

Archived