tactics for semi final

moyseuk2000

after watching highlights of huns game i think we should play 5 in the middle of the park .rangers look terrible if u flood the midfield and it worked against celtic,anyone else agree:Hearts Man spotrun:

We beat them at home with 5 in the midfield and we would of had a draw away with the same formation if Kurskis hadn't messed up.

we got the tactics spot on against celtic and we are creating scoring chances so i believe we can win this game

I want to see us have a go.

When I'm 40, I'd hate to look back on my life and think "oh, I wish I'd done that".

Life is too short.

Let's get stuck into those ****ing Huns and do them over.

Let's not care for their over-rated reputations.

Let's not be held back by fear, or failure.

Let's tear them a new arsehole on the way to the final.

Let's kick thier Weegie butts.

I'm not scared of Glasgow Rangers.

Buffalo Bill

Will Frailanov remember that this is a cup game ? A one-off exercise, requiring that we positively go out to win it ???

I doubt it, and fully expect the familiar and turgid 4-5-1 line up, and a hangoninthereandhopeflukeitbackstothewall approach.

I echo BB's fears and fully expect to wake up the next day just wishing we'd had a go at WINNING it.

portobellojambo1
tactics for semi final

Score more goals than them, I know it sounds fairly basic, but it is a foolproof method of progressing to the final.

Will Frailanov remember that this is a cup game ? A one-off exercise, requiring that we positively go out to win it ???

I doubt it, and fully expect the familiar and turgid 4-5-1 line up, and a hangoninthereandhopeflukeitbackstothewall approach.

I echo BB's fears and fully expect to wake up the next day just wishing we'd had a go at WINNING it.

Jesus H Christ, Drew: St Johnstone went through to Ibrox and did them over.

St Johnstone!

I remember reading how easy it was for them.

They just went for it; and nothing out of the ordinary.

Buffalo Bill

Fozzyonthefence

My fear as well. We got lucky at Parkead - don't think we will win playing as negatively as that. We need to have a go at them - they might be top of the league but I think this is a very, very average Rangers team.

My fear as well. We got lucky at Parkead - don't think we will win playing as negatively as that. We need to have a go at them - they might be top of the league but I think this is a very, very average Rangers team.

Lucky at parkhead???:confused:

From memory they didnt create very much we played well enough and deserved to win even though the ref adjudged Audrey had dived (that sounds familiar) in the 1st couple of mins when we should have had a pen!!!

JennytheJambo

Can we play 2 left back's. I am a nervous wreck when Goncalves gets the ball, then again can we have 2 off every player in defence (only joking). Being serious, all we can do is match Rangers in every dept, especially in Midfield they are not as good as they think they are, hopefully they might think they only have to turn up but going on yesterday's game will need to play for 95 mins.

portobellojambo1

Have to disagree with that.

While I have never been a great fan of playing 4-5-1 irrespective of the opposition/competition it did actually work very well against Celtic at Parkhead.

For some strange reason that formation works well against Celtic most times, because if you can frustrate Celtic they run out of ideas. Whether or not it would work as well against Rangers on Wednesday I do not know, I think it will be more a case that picking the correct personnel (hard workers, quick thinkers, good passers of the ball who can make full use of the big park) will be more important than the formation we play.

Cesnauskis and Driver are essential wide, whether that is in a rigid 4-5-1 or a formation which is flexible and can quickly switch to 4-4-2 is somebody elses call.

Dont forget that Rangers also have a massive fixture pile up to ease and are playing 3 games a week for the next few weeks including a game against the tic.

There priority will not be the CIS and I wouldnt be surprised if they rest a players on have them on the bench.

If we can get at them then I see no reason why we cant beat them.

I dont fear Rangers and I genuinely believe we can beat them.

I just hope our team have that belief.

Score more goals than them, I know it sounds fairly basic, but it is a foolproof method of progressing to the final.

Not necessarily. We're playing Rangers after all.

I think it's important we play Goncalves as Burke will be playing, and he's in good form - very fast.

Anyway, my team -

Banks

Neilson--Karipidis--Berra--Goncalves

Jonsson--Stewart--Palazuelos--Wallace

Nade----Velicka

Nelly Terraces

Rangers are a bunch of mugs. Scared of them? You must be kidding. Just get torn into them Hearts, play the ball on the deck and guys like Ruben can run the show and Velicka the Verminator can hit payola with a few goals.

GTF Ibronx trash. Gorgie Rules, now out our way, we've got a final we need to be going to.:smartass:

Cheers, and goodnight.

NT

I think it's important we play Goncalves as Burke will be playing, and he's in good form - very fast.

Anyway, my team -

Banks

Neilson--Karipidis--Berra--Goncalves

Jonsson--Stewart--Palazuelos--Wallace

Nade----Velicka

Take out Wallace if Driver is fit but if not then thats the team i would like to see.

portobellojambo1

Don't quite follow that.

Irrespective of the quality of the refereeing, or whatever, I suspect that if when the final whistle goes we have scored more goals than the opposition we will go through, will be happy to stand corrected though.

Don't quite follow that.

Irrespective of the quality of the refereeing, or whatever, I suspect that if when the final whistle goes we have scored more goals than the opposition we will go through, will be happy to stand corrected though.

Like I say - it's Rangers were playing. I still wouldn't be sure we were through even with more goals.

Although I suppose you're right.

Fine Scottish Wine

As the chant used to say.

Attack

Attack

Attack Attack Attack

Don't think we can play the same as we did at Celtic park and get away with it.

Nelly Terraces
As the chant used to say.

Attack

Attack

Attack Attack Attack

Don't think we can play the same as we did at Celtic park and get away with it.

Spot on FSW!

Let 'em have it!!:smartass:

Fozzyonthefence
Have to disagree with that.

While I have never been a great fan of playing 4-5-1 irrespective of the opposition/competition it did actually work very well against Celtic at Parkhead.

For some strange reason that formation works well against Celtic most times, because if you can frustrate Celtic they run out of ideas. Whether or not it would work as well against Rangers on Wednesday I do not know, I think it will be more a case that picking the correct personnel (hard workers, quick thinkers, good passers of the ball who can make full use of the big park) will be more important than the formation we play.

Cesnauskis and Driver are essential wide, whether that is in a rigid 4-5-1 or a formation which is flexible and can quickly switch to 4-4-2 is somebody elses call.

I'm not saying 4-5-1 is necessarily negative, it just seems that way when we play away from home, as I don't think we have the players to play it. Would work much better with a Hartley or Cameron at their peak.

I thought we were very negative against Celtic in the CIS but got away with it. I think we created 3 chances & scored 2, although you can't really count Velicka's 2nd goal as a chance - it was a wonder goal out of nothing.

Yes, Celtic were pretty poor but they were the better team, dominated the game & created more chances (unlike a lot of times recently when we have been better than them & still lost or only drawn) & for once our keeper had a great game - Basso was MOTM, remember & that usually tells its own story when your keeper is MOTM.

I have a gut feeling we'll win this one but we'll have to have to be aggressive from the word go - and keep at it for the full 97 minutes.

As the saying goes "better to live one day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep"

4-4-2 every time, switching to 4-3-3 (this time with feeling) should we go a goal down.

Let's show these fat faced, bigoted jazz rags what 'No Surrender' really means.

We've been shiiiiiiiit of late, but I still don't fear them. I detest der Hun, and everything their hideous support stands for.

We're better than that, in every sense.

Dont forget that Rangers also have a massive fixture pile up to ease and are playing 3 games a week for the next few weeks including a game against the tic.

Yep, so we put our big guys on and kick lumps out of them.

They'll not want to get involved as they have so many important games to play. We have to turn it into a battle because that is the lst thing they will want.

Banks

Neilson Berra Karapidis Wallace

Miko Stewart Ruben/Eggy Driver

Velicka Nade

Subs: Basso, Ruben/Eggy, Beniusis, Chesney, Audrey, Jose, Zaliukas

No point in playing 4-5-1 when we finally have two strikers coming onto a game at the same time!

Nelly Terraces
4-4-2 every time, switching to 4-3-3 (this time with feeling) should we go a goal down.

Let's show these fat faced, bigoted jazz rags what 'No Surrender' really means.

We've been shiiiiiiiit of late, but I still don't fear them. I detest der Hun, and everything their hideous support stands for.

We're better than that, in every sense.

Sheer poetry. Wish I'd thought of that. :smartass:

markletissier

its simple, show no fear, attack them, hit them early with 2 then lockdown the midfield as previously suggested.

ruben for first goalscorer.

Miller Jambo 60
Spot on FSW!

Let 'em have it!!:smartass:

ATTACK put the huns to the sword nothing to lose

GORGIE RULES:Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun:

Archived