well done chris hoy

John

Chad Sexington
awesome!!! 3 golds, the mans a legend.

Sensational.

Best individual performance by a British athlete for 100 years.

:)

Fozzyonthefence
Sensational.

Best individual performance by a British athlete for 100 years.

:)

Is it? Pretty impressive, but will it be enough to land Sports Personality of the year, being a Sweaty Sock & in what many will consider to be a minority sport? I saw that Rebecca swimmer bird being touted for it the other day on tv. Will be interesting, but well done Chris.

In a completely non gay way, how big are his thighs!?!? :eek:

Quality athlete though. they were banging on about making that 19 year old swim wifie a dame, Chris' achievements are far superior.

The Mighty Thor

What a performance. He blew Jason Kenney away.

3 golds is a phenomenal achievement especially for a Scot.

On a side note Victoria Pendleton would get it.:rolleyes:

Sports personality of the year? Complete gash. If I was a proper sportsman theres no way id even consider turning up. Some of the past winners make me sad. Typical rubbish BBC nonsense.

Fozzyonthefence
In a completely non gay way, how big are his thighs!?!? :eek:

Quality athlete though. they were banging on about making that 19 year old swim wifie a dame, Chris' achievements are far superior.

I presume you mean that Rebecca what's her name? I just made that point on another thread about it should be interesting to see who wins Sports Personality of the year now - should be a non contest, but.....

3 golds is a truly incredible performance. 'Twas great to see Chris Hoy with his family there - very well done indeed.

Nelly Terraces

Top man. Amazing performance. Knight the bloke - now!

All in, what a great games for Great Britain, superb stuff, sticking it up the Aussies would the best though, fingers crossed we get more medals than that arrogant mob.

Cheers. Well done to team GB.

TJ

I think Nicky Campbell said he was a Hobo the other morning but I could be wrong. He did wear maroon at Watsons.

I've just heard this too.

Anyone confirm?

yes, he's a hearts fan. certain he's been introduced to the crowd at half time at some time.

Sports personality of the year? Complete gash. If I was a proper sportsman theres no way id even consider turning up. Some of the past winners make me sad. Typical rubbish BBC nonsense.

He won't win it anyway.The swimmer is a definite for it.

Anyway well done Hoy

heartsfc_fan
yes, he's a hearts fan. certain he's been introduced to the crowd at half time at some time.

What I was thinking. Was it not the after 2004 Olympics he was paraded to the tynecastle crowd?? :confused:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yep, giving me endless bragging rights over here - the Aussies in my work aren't liking this!

Get him on for a HT draw ASAP :clap:

heartsfc_fan
What I was thinking. Was it not the after 2004 Olympics he was paraded to the tynecastle crowd?? :confused:

Ah ha! it says on the hearts site! :):rolleyes:

southlondonjambo

Well done Chris Hoy.

Though I've noticed when they're talking about him it's always 'Scot' this and 'Scot' that.

But if the medal winner is English though, you can bet your last penny they will be described as a 'Brit'!

Typical BBC though. Can't even bring themselves to mention the 'E' word..... :mad:

He won't win it anyway.The swimmer is a definite for it.

Anyway well done Hoy

Hoy gets my vote. 3 Gold medals is fantastic. Rebecca Adlington was also fantastic with 2 gold but Hoy has destroyed that.

Well done Chris Hoy.

Though I've noticed when they're talking about him it's always 'Scot' this and 'Scot' that.

But if the medal winner is English though, you can bet your last penny they will be described as a 'Brit'!

Typical BBC though. Can't even bring themselves to mention the 'E' word..... :mad:

Nice, although over most heads on here;);)

Well done Chris!

Fozzyonthefence
All in, what a great games for Great Britain, superb stuff, sticking it up the Aussies would the best though, fingers crossed we get more medals than that arrogant mob.

TJ

Gotta laugh, more anti-Aussie remarks coming from someone living in England. It's bad enough listening to Andrew Castle's snide digs at the Aussies on GMTV. Not eveveryone in the UK could give a toss about the Aussies you know & it is only the Olympics, it's not like we're playing them at football, rugby, cricket, etc

Nice, although over most heads on here;);)

Hardly over any one's heads.

SLJ has been trolling this site since yesterday, posting with the sole intention of getting a reaction.

It's boring. He's boring. Simple as that.

Guest JamboRobbo
Chris Hoy

Well done Hearts!

Excellent. Who cares about telling the fans whats going on at the club. Lets tell the fans about the important stuff. We've got a fan who's a triple gold medal winner don't you know.

:P

The Real Maroonblood
In a completely non gay way my Mums paper yesterday said that the circumference of his thighs is 27".

Madness.

Thanks for that.

;)

G' on yersel, Chris Hoy - The Real McHoy !!!!

What an achievement:

The first British competitor to win three golds at an Olympic games since 1908

He has made history by being the first cyclist to win gold medals in four different events.

A top man and brilliant ambassador for Scotland.

A few celebratory drams will be enjoyed in the BillCo household this evening.

Open-topped bus along Princes Street is an absolute must, wouldn't you say.

The Real Maroonblood
G' on yersel, Chris Hoy - The Real McHoy !!!!

What an achievement:

The first British competitor to win three golds at an Olympic games since 1908

He has made history by being the first cyclist to win gold medals in four different events.

A few celebratory drams will be enjoyed in the BillCo household this evening.

Open-topped bus along Princes Street is an absolute must, wouldn't you say.

It's a pity it wasn't :107years:

Well in there Chris - top stuff! Get him on before a big game as opposed to half time, will get everyone well up for it!!

Excellent. Who cares about telling the fans whats going on at the club. Lets tell the fans about the important stuff. We've got a fan who's a triple gold medal winner don't you know.

:P

there's always a party pooper!

Well done chris ,fantastic ! Hope to see at tynie shortly where you will get a fantastic reception at half-time.

Fozzyonthefence

:eek: Don't let Coppercrutch & all the Chelsea Avatars hear that - he's representing Team GB don't you know!

I P Knightley
:eek: Don't let Coppercrutch & all the Chelsea Avatars hear that - he's representing Team GB don't you know!

He is, indeed. But, as pointed out yesterday, the BBC coverage has him as a Scot while Jason Kenny, the Englishman he beat, is referred to as being a 'fellow Team-GB member.'

What I came on to ask, though, is whether any of you ladies who are interested in Hoy's dimensions know how tall he is? He's freakishly wide and I just thought that it would be comical if he was also 6' 3" tall!

Nelly Terraces

Never knew he was Hearts. Just gone up even further in my estimation. Get the man at Tynie, the bloke IS a legend, and Great Brit.

Archived