How much pressure on Kello.....

We_are_the_Hearts

If he plays on Saturday.:sad:

Could be the next Beniusis...................

Don't be daft mate, he's not Lithuanian, or Robbie :cool:

Surely we can't have 3 goalies in 3 games! Banks should never have been dropped on Saturday but now McDonald is in, he should be given a run

We_are_the_Hearts
Surely we can't have 3 goalies in 3 games! Banks should never have been dropped on Saturday but now McDonald is in, he should be given a run

Wouldn't surprise me. it was only a week ago that Csaba was saying McDonald was a good bit off the 1st team and he was looking for more experienced cover.

Here we go again:cool:

Cue...negative posts comparing Kello with some of the dross weve had recently,before weve even seen him in a Hearts jersey:mad:

Stick on he will be wedged into the team soon-Csaba is already preparing the way 'kello must have his chance'-sadly the meddling is too obvious for even csaba to spin..

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/-New-Hearts-keeper-set.4403754.jp

It is a possiblity.

IMO no matter who playes in goals, St Mirren are likely to get their first goal of the season against us.

These sort of things always happen to us.

We_are_the_Hearts
Here we go again:cool:

Cue...negative posts comparing Kello with some of the dross weve had recently,before weve even seen him in a Hearts jersey:mad:

I was talking about ther circumstances in how they are fast tracked to the team putting pressure on them. He could be the next Niemi for all we know.

I tened to agree, but if Kello does play we should NOT give him stick, as it is not his fault and if asked to play he should.

You never know he could be decent - stranger things have happened.

Stick on he will be wedged into the team soon-Csaba is already preparing the way 'kello must have his chance'-sadly the meddling is too obvious for even csaba to spin..

Perhaps Kello will belie his journeyman career so far and be a better goalkeeper than Banks, Basso and MacDonald.

If he is not then it is absolutely clear that Laszlo is operating in exactly the same way as Valdas did.

Perhaps Kello will belie his journeyman career so far and be a better goalkeeper than Banks, Basso and MacDonald.

If he is not then it is absolutely clear that Laszlo is operating in exactly the same way as Valdas did.

Rubbish:mad:

Jambof3tornado

Kello will be between the sticks on Saturday with Jamie on the bench,fingers crossed he will do a good job,Jamie isnt ready IMO for 1st team football.

If Kello is a journeyman at 25 what the **** is Banks? The last great Explorer?

Drylaw Hearts
Kello will be between the sticks on Saturday with Jamie on the bench,fingers crossed he will do a good job,Jamie isnt ready IMO for 1st team football.

Then surely Banks should be our Number 2 at the very least ?

What will we do if Kello picks up an injury or is sent off ?

I remember saying something similar when Craig Gordon came into the team, also, McDonald is older than Gordon was when he came in, let's just give the boy a chance, all this chopping and changing does our defence no good at all. All it takes is one of our players forgetting for a second whose behind them,knocking the ball back to the keeper on his weaker side.............bang, defensive error, a goal down. They also have to know if the goalie prefers to come for the ball at a corner for example, punch it out or expect one of his defenders to deal with it. It's about the defence trusting each other to do their job and chopping and changing causes a lack of concentration and total disarray in the penalty box.

If Kello is a journeyman at 25 what the **** is Banks? The last great Explorer?

I think that Banks is a journeyman as his playing record shows. I think that Basso has the ability to be a better goalkeeper than Banks. I think that McDonald is too short to be a Hearts quality goalkeeper. But we know what we would get from both of those goalkeepers, and I think that all of them are of a level commensurate with the rest of the squad - where very few are as good as the team of 3 years ago.

A guy who has come to Hearts with a career record of clubs I have to admit I have never heard of in Slovakia and the Czech Republic as well as a couple of years at Kaunas would suggest to me that he might be a journeyman. I left open the question of whether he would be better than any of the other goalkeepers. For our sakes I hope that he is.

Jambof3tornado

I would go along with Banks at No2,but I am not the manager. Jamie Mac will do for back up,and I assume Banks is still registered as a player. If not young Ridgers would be brought in as cover.

Banks did a fine job between the sticks but isnt a long term option.

I tened to agree, but if Kello does play we should NOT give him stick, as it is not his fault and if asked to play he should.

You never know he could be decent - stranger things have happened.

Totally agree. But if he starts I almost expect some idiots to boo him.

:slither:

Drylaw Hearts
I would go along with Banks at No2,but I am not the manager. Jamie Mac will do for back up,and I assume Banks is still registered as a player. If not young Ridgers would be brought in as cover.

Banks did a fine job between the sticks but isnt a long term option.

So Jamie MacDonald isn't ready for first team football but he'll do for back-up ?

We should have 2 Goalies who ARE ready and able to play First Team football.

Banks isn't a long term option but he was a decent option in the short term.

Jam Tarts 1874

Why should Banks be our No:2 keeper? He has now had his position at Hearts clarified, he is now a FULL-TIME goalkeeping coach. Csaba made it clear that Banks' role with the club had to be be clarified. Now that it has it is time to move on.

I don't understand why the OP says Kello will be under pressure if he plays on Saturday. He has experience and has just been part of a small team that knocked out of Europe the previous season's UEFA cup finalists, so I can't see how he is going to be a bag of nerves at home to St.Midden.

Jam Tarts 1874

Personally I would have started the season with MacDonald and if it did not work out, we could rely on Banks to the nearest transfer window.

Far from convinced that Csaba is sold on the Kaunas goalkeeper.[/QUOTE]

Eh! What bit of Banks new FULL-TIME goalkeeping coach role do you not understand? Do you know what FULL-TIME means?

Are you saying that everything Csaba said about being happy to have signed Kello was lies?

winston churchill
So Jamie MacDonald isn't ready for first team football but he'll do for back-up ?

We should have 2 Goalies who ARE ready and able to play First Team football.

Banks isn't a long term option but he was a decent option in the short term.

DH

we both know that wee macdonald wont cut the mustard at hearts.

kello and the hungarian lad, or who he brings in will get shots each.

it's vlads way.

Drylaw Hearts
Why should Banks be our No:2 keeper? He has now had his position at Hearts clarified, he is now a FULL-TIME goalkeeping coach. Csaba made it clear that Banks' role with the club had to be be clarified. Now that it has it is time to move on.

I don't understand why the OP says Kello will be under pressure if he plays on Saturday. He has experience and has just been part of a small team that knocked out of Europe the previous season's UEFA cup finalists, so I can't see how he is going to be a bag of nerves at home to St.Midden.

Csaba clearly stated that Banks had to clarify what role he had at the Club.

It is obvious to most that Banks did not decide and has now been FURTHER demoted to Youth Goalkeeping Coach.

How can we move on when the same shiiit keeps happening to our players ?

How many players have left this Club in the past 2 years under a cloud ?

Skacel

Webster

Pressley

Brellier

Screpis

Barasa

Costa

Bednar

Hackett

Johnson

Pinilla

That's 11 without even really thinking about it.

Jambof3tornado
DH

it's vlads way.

I think Csaba will get to decide who out of janos and Kello he wants as number 1,he wont chop and change,but until the hungarian lad comes in the it will be kello and jamie mac fighting for the jersey.(kello will win)(unless he does a howler)

Drylaw Hearts
DH

it's vlads way.

Jamie Mac looked ok on Saturday and tbh that was the first I'd seen him for a while.

I'll reserve judgement on him at the moment but he does look as though he has potential.

As for Kello..........

He'll be back at FBK this time next year.

The Hungarian I know nothing about.

winston churchill
Jamie Mac looked ok on Saturday and tbh that was the first I'd seen him for a while.

I'll reserve judgement on him at the moment but he does look as though he has potential.

As for Kello..........

he never really had anything to do.

flapped at one cross and stood up to block that one shot.

he never really had anything to do.

flapped at one cross and stood up to block that one shot.

Had he not made contact with the cross the flight of the ball would have been uninterupted on its way to Boyd making it easier for him to shape to get the ball on target

It was some delivery from Mendes

Jamie did nothing to deserve to being dropped. Kello has done nothing to deserve to be picked yet

It is clearly in everyone's best interests - the teams, Jamies and Kellos that the team is not unnecessarily changed to accomodate players who have not yet earned their place in the team

It does Kaunas players no favours whatsoever to be played in the first team too early before they have adjusted to the Scottish football just to see whether or not they can cope.

Kello should play a handful of reserve games, and McDonald a handful of 1st team games (given he did nothing wrong last week) in order that their strengths can be assessed in comparison to each other

Kello is not so obviously brilliant that he is an obvious 1st team Hearts keeper - and Csaba has more fingers on one hand than the number of times he has seen him

Had he not made contact with the cross the flight of the ball would have been uninterupted on its way to Boyd making it easier for him to shape to get the ball on target

IMO Boyd would have got nowhere near the ball, McDonalds needles flap at the cross nearly put us in danger.

That aside i thought he done okay on Saturday, was well protected by Zaliukas and Berra.

Csaba is quoted on the BBC website that it was his decison to bring in Kello. It was just a matter of agreeing with Romanov the timing, ie when Kaunus were out of Europe.

He also said the Hungarian keeper may still come in.

winston churchill

Jamie did nothing to deserve to being dropped. Kello has done nothing to deserve to be picked yet

It is clearly in everyone's best interests - the teams, Jamies and Kellos that the team is not unnecessarily changed to accomodate players who have not yet earned their place in the team

It does Kaunas players no favours whatsoever to be played in the first team too early before they have adjusted to the Scottish football just to see whether or not they can cope.

Kello should play a handful of reserve games, and McDonald a handful of 1st team games (given he did nothing wrong last week) in order that their strengths can be assessed in comparison to each other

Kello is not so obviously brilliant that he is an obvious 1st team Hearts keeper - and Csaba has more fingers on one hand than the number of times he has seen him

i have to disagree,his lack of height stopped him taking the cross,it had no pace on it.

i agree about kello,that said,he will walk straight into the side on saturday.

macdonalds contract finishes at the end of the season,he will be let go, or go out on loan in january.

as i said in another post,kello and A.N.other will gets shots each in goal:(

it's vlads way.

monkfish1979
Hope Kellogs cornflakes is better than Eddie Scissorhands! Actually he can't fail to be!

A patch of uncut grass would've provided more of an obstacle to a striker than Eddie Krisis. He was Hibs-worthy.

Sheriff Fatman

Banks has had far more of a journeyman career than Kello so far, but never mind at least the wrist slitters can get their post rate up to speed now, For the last month or so they must have been so disappointed that they couldn't post 100 posts a day saying exactly the same thing or back slapping other manic depressives.

Sheriff Fatman

As for Kello..........

I await your appointment as first team goalkeeper coach with a quick move to national goalkeeper coach, as you are obviously the next goalkeeping guru. It's amazing how you can tell the future career of a player you have seen for all of 90 minutes.

Drylaw Hearts
I await your appointment as first team goalkeeper coach with a quick move to national goalkeeper coach, as you are obviously the next goalkeeping guru. It's amazing how you can tell the future career of a player you have seen for all of 90 minutes.

A little over a year ago I predicted Kurkis would be the following Seasons Zibi.

I had only seen him once prior to that.

I wouldn't say I'm a Goalkeeping guru but I'd probably I'm a decent judge.

winston churchill
A little over a year ago I predicted Kurkis would be the following Seasons Zibi.

I had only seen him once prior to that.

I wouldn't say I'm a Goalkeeping guru but I'd probably I'm a decent judge.

even through the beer goggles in germany last year.i could see scissor hands was a poor mans andrew mcneil

Banks has had far more of a journeyman career than Kello so far, but never mind at least the wrist slitters can get their post rate up to speed now, For the last month or so they must have been so disappointed that they couldn't post 100 posts a day saying exactly the same thing or back slapping other manic depressives.

Its quite astonishing how the doom merchants are no where to be seen after a win but some half arsed story in the press regarding Romanov gets them all flustered at the screen typing with one hand whilst beating themselves raw with the other.

Wouldn't surprise me. it was only a week ago that Csaba was saying McDonald was a good bit off the 1st team and he was looking for more experienced cover.

You're right. Kello will be playing soon enough.

The Lithuanian posters were saying he is a good bit better than Kurskis so that is one thing.

i have to disagree,his lack of height stopped him taking the cross,it had no pace on it.

i agree about kello,that said,he will walk straight into the side on saturday.

macdonalds contract finishes at the end of the season,he will be let go, or go out on loan in january.

as i said in another post,kello and A.N.other will gets shots each in goal:(

it's vlads way.

Why do people keep on goin on about McDonalds lack of height?!!

Fom heartsfc.co.uk:

Banks - 5'11" (180cm)

McDonald - 6'1" (185cm)

Kello - 6'2" (188cm)

so, he's 5 cm taller than Banks and only 3 cm smaller than Kello!

it will become apparent quickly if he has potential, i think its evident if a goalie has it or not by the way he handles the ball positions himself and his general confidence. I saw Kurkis warming up against Inverness for first time and could see he was never a goalie in a million years jittery, ball squirming out his hands general lack of co ordination.

I would play Mcdonald in another couple of games, let new man settle with a couple of reserve games then test him, dropping Mcdonald now would do his confidence no good at all.

Archived