BBC4 Golden Vision on NOW

Morry

I was lucky enough to meet him when I was a teenager working with my uncle on my school holidays fitting blinds. Alex Young ran a business supplying the blinds and my uncle took me to visit him.

He was a really nice guy and talked to me all about Hearts and Everton. He was a complete gentleman and your right - he hasn't changed much. Was amazing to talk to a living legend about Hearts in the 50's. He was very fond of his times down at Everton. At the time I spoke to him his son was playing for Stranraer and they had Hibs in the Scottish that coming Saturday....and his son only went and scored the winning goal to pump the vermin out! (Fact that London Hearts)

Buffalo Bill

I met him a couple of months ago.

A true gent, and a footballing legend north and south of the border.

Buffalo Bill

Great stuff. The guy came over as a very modest man. One of the greatest Hearts players of all time and a true gent to boot.

I actually swithered about watching this because I have such a wonderful recollection of seeing it back in 1968 and feared that it might disappoint.

It didn't.

Met him a few years ago, and agree with what others are saying. Agreat player and a 'gentleman.'

Archived