Is there a way to stop the bias?

darylhmfc1

Not sure if anyone can come up with an idea for some sort of petition/protest against what can only be described as blatant bias against any team out with the bigot brothers? I am absolutley fed up with the state of the scottish game. I am beginning to consider turning my attention to another sport although i dont think i could really go without the mighty jt's for long!! Mind you the diving at the olympics looked exciting!!!;)

Keep playing Miko against Rangers. Something's gotta give eventually. Colleagues at work who support other teams are now much more aware of, and believing in SFA bias. They don't say "paranoid Jambos" anymore...

well at least people are noticing what we have seen for years but could anything actually be done?

Not sure if anyone can come up with an idea for some sort of petition/protest against what can only be described as blatant bias against any team out with the bigot brothers? I am absolutley fed up with the state of the scottish game. I am beginning to consider turning my attention to another sport although i dont think i could really go without the mighty jt's for long!! Mind you the diving at the olympics looked exciting!!!;)

If the other ten got together and started only playing their u/19's teams in matches against the Old Firm it would send out a clear message to them. It would embarrass them and make all of their games meaningless to their supporters. Unfortunately most people involved in Scottish football have not got the bottle to do anything about it and tamely lie down to the establishment at every turn.

If the other ten got together and started only playing their u/19's teams in matches against the Old Firm it would send out a clear message to them. It would embarrass them and make all of their games meaningless to their supporters. Unfortunately most people involved in Scottish football have not got the bottle to do anything about it and tamely lie down to the establishment at every turn.

Can you not be fined for fielding an understrength side? Vlad and Thomson take the fines but others baulk at the prospect. Somehow I think DUFC, St Mirren and Falkirk would all be amenable to an approach about the issue from Hearts though...

Can you not be fined for fielding an understrength side? Vlad and Thomson take the fines but others baulk at the prospect. Somehow I think DUFC, St Mirren and Falkirk would all be amenable to an approach about the issue from Hearts though...

Everyone should just claim that all their first team squad are injured - really if the want to make Scottish Football a farce with their antics instead of complaining, we should just help them. Rangers and Celtic really just want to win every game no matter what and no matter the cost to the game in general - that aim is fully aided and abetted by the mafia in charge of the game here. Their dim witted followers don't really enjoy football - only winning at any cost. That being the case we should help them make fools of themselves at every turn.

Perhaps, only by shoving their collective faces in it can real change be effected in the game here.

I'll keep saying it. There isn't a deliberate bias. It's a natural reaction to the enormous pressure exerted by the unwashed hoards and their media apologists to act in their favour which goes on 24x7. The only way to combat it, is to balance this pressure by making the counter point. That's what happens on this and many other boards. A co-ordinated approach by an "OF GTF" type voice on club message boards and maybe via postings to the only media organisation not financed by OF sales - the BBC - is all we as supporters can do. If all club owners/chairmen were to get a backbone and speak out EVERY time it happens, then between these two approaches, over time there may be a chance.

alwaysthereinspirit
Everyone should just claim that all their first team squad are injured - really if the want to make Scottish Football a farce with their antics instead of complaining, we should just help them Rangers and Celtic really just want to win every game no matter what and no matter the cost to the game in general - that aim is fully aided and abetted by the mafia in charge of the game here. Their dim witted followers don't really enjoy football - only winning at any cost. That being the case we should help them make fools of themselves at every turn.

Perhaps, only by shoving their collective faces in it can real change be effected in the game here.

I think playing a weakened team is a great idea.

We at Hearts already have a ready made excuse for playing our u19's.

Vlad flu. :sad:

If only we could spread the wealth to other clubs.

I even have Old Firm fans at work who now believe that any credability is taken away from their games as a result of our inept referees.

Yes thats right even the unwashed are getting embarrassed at the state of our game.

:eek:

I even have Old Firm fans at work who now believe that any credability is taken away from their games as a result of our inept referees.

Yes thats right even the unwashed are getting embarrassed at the state of our game.

:eek:

Yes but probably only a few of them - i'd guess only those who know how to read and write and use a knife and fork when eating - as for the rest of them the only want to win no matter what - and that would make up about 99.50% of their collective supports - unfortunately.

The facts are that even though a small number of the unwashed are now becoming aware of the extent of the ineptness they still seem to revel in the illgotten glory and rip the **** whenever they beat us, regardless of ref's old firm blindeye!!

I'll keep saying it. There isn't a deliberate bias. It's a natural reaction to the enormous pressure exerted by the unwashed hoards and their media apologists to act in their favour which goes on 24x7. The only way to combat it, is to balance this pressure by making the counter point. That's what happens on this and many other boards. A co-ordinated approach by an "OF GTF" type voice on club message boards and maybe via postings to the only media organisation not financed by OF sales - the BBC - is all we as supporters can do. If all club owners/chairmen were to get a backbone and speak out EVERY time it happens, then between these two approaches, over time there may be a chance.

that's pretty much correct, but i don't think its paranoid to suggest that some deliberate bias & cheating does occur. maybe not as much as we all shout about, but its still there.

If that were true then we wouldn't have seen Andy Davis give Rangers a fake penalty and Brines one to Celtic at Tynie...

There are simply too many one-sided instances of bias for it not to be corruption. Why do referees happily make big, match-turning, incorrect calls for the OF against the rest but allow the " game to flow" during OF games? They act when in the favour of the the OF and fail to act when the incident is against the OF. It is corrupt because it requires active decision-making to do this.

Charlie-Brown

How about a Purge of the SFA / SPL Blazers and the refereeing system and a complete rewrite of some of the archaic self imposed powers these institutions have granted themselves - the whole Scottish football needs to be dragged into the 21st Century not dragged down forever by narrow self interest & self preservation.

Spellczech said.....

"If that were true then we wouldn't have seen Andy Davis give Rangers a fake penalty and Brines one to Celtic at Tynie...

There are simply too many one-sided instances of bias for it not to be corruption. Why do referees happily make big, match-turning, incorrect calls for the OF against the rest but allow the " game to flow" during OF games? They act when in the favour of the the OF and fail to act when the incident is against the OF. It is corrupt because it requires active decision-making to do this."

Agree 100%.

Corrupt as hell.

Andy Davies was the proof....on camera we could see what he said. It simply wasn't true.

Spellczech, IMHO, the Andy Davis case is an example of what I'm talking about. When the incident happened, the thousands of baying neanderthals in the school end stand, coupled with the saturation media coverage about how the evil empire needed to win the match to stay in the league hunt, combined in an instant to make him raise his flag. Fear of the consequences then prevented him from changing that decision, which again IMHO, he knew instantly, was wrong.

Charlie-Brown
Spellczech, IMHO, the Andy Davis case is an example of what I'm talking about. When the incident happened, the thousands of baying neanderthals in the school end stand, coupled with the saturation media coverage about how the evil empire needed to win the match to stay in the league hunt, combined in an instant to make him raise his flag. Fear of the consequences then prevented him from changing that decision, which again IMHO, he knew instantly, was wrong.

Andy Davis was a hun season ticket holder - he was looking to make the decision in Rangers favour, Hugh Dallas the referee had already seen no offence and given a bye-kick - it was cheating of the highest order in my opinion.

Someone should get a petition started on the internet for every other teams fans to leave a comment,then hand it over to the SFA,surely thousands would sign it

That just doesn't stack up. At Tynie we are more intimidating than the OF support, yet they still make decisions for the OF and against us. Moreover if fear of the consequences was a factor then he ought not to be in such a position at all. That in itself

is corruption of sorts.

I actually had to stop going to Tynie because my violent streak would lead to me jumping the barriers and chinning a referee.

Jam Tarts 1874

The trouble is that too many of the other SPL teams simply bend over, pull their trousers down and ask for some more. Dundee United and Falkirk back their managers to the hilt on these matters, unfortunately Aberdeen, Motherwell and hibs say nothing. It has also got to the point where another significant outburst by Romanov could easily result in points being deducted rather than just another fine.

Hi all,

I'm new and here.

Here's a solution. Hit them where it hurts. At the bank. :)

Complain to the league sponsors at http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/'>http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/

I'm sure the bank doesn't want to associate it's name with corruption.

They have a survey about the league, where fans can voice their concerns. Please spread the word and keep at it.

http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/

Hi all,

I'm new and here.

Here's a solution. Hit them where it hurts. At the bank. :)

Complain to the league sponsors at http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/'>http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/

I'm sure the bank doesn't want to associate it's name with corruption.

They have a survey about the league, where fans can voice their concerns. Please spread the word and keep at it.

http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/

What the hell, maybe worth a try eh

The GFA / SPL are toiling to sell this 'product' as it is and any pressure from the sponsors would surely have more weight than a thousand e-mail rants !

Mind you, it's a West of Scotland based bank ( albeit with Aussie owners ) so you may find your complaints end up in ra' bin anyway :sad:

Watched the rerun of the Rangers game last night.

I thought that the Broadfoot/Miko dives and differences in punishment were the only really contentious decisions.

The referee had otherwise a reasonable game in my view.

I remember posters on here suggesting that Kingston last season was the only player who would ever get booked for taking a free kick early. Think I saw Kevin Thomson getting booked for that on Saturday. How does that fit with the bias theory?

Watched the rerun of the Rangers game last night.

I thought that the Broadfoot/Miko dives and differences in punishment were the only really contentious decisions.

The referee had otherwise a reasonable game in my view.

I remember posters on here suggesting that Kingston last season was the only player who would ever get booked for taking a free kick early. Think I saw Kevin Thomson getting booked for that on Saturday. How does that fit with the bias theory?

There are exceptions to every rule. For every instance you'll ever be able to give of a dodgy game-influencing decision going against the OF, there are 20+ examples of dodgy acts and omissions going for them. Thomson's booking had no influence on Saturday's game anyway.

There are exceptions to every rule. For every instance you'll ever be able to give of a dodgy game-influencing decision going against the OF, there are 20+ examples of dodgy acts and omissions going for them. Thomson's booking had no influence on Saturday's game anyway.

You cannot prove bias by picking on individual subjective decisions.

You cannot prove bias even by second guessing every single decision during a game. You might suggest there is doubt about fairness but you cannot prove bias in this sort of way.

Hearts fans suggested there was bias against Hearts because of Kingston's booking for taking a free kick early last season. Thomson was booked for the same offence on Saturday. How does that fit with the bias theories?

Real evidence is required. Money flows. Testimonies or whistleblowing.

cobbyshambles

the suffragettes were on to something i.e. lets hit them with golf clubs and jump on front of horses!

Want to voice your opinions on your matchday experience? Fancy giving your views on technology in football? Keen to let your feelings known on the standard of refereeing in Scotland's top flight? If the answer is yes to all of these questions and more, then you need to take part in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Fans Survey 2008/09.

Here is the direct link to the league survey.

http://www.cbfootball.co.uk/activity.aspx?sectionID=7

Registration is required but it's simple and you could win cool prizes.:)

Was listening to the real radio football phone-in the other night and i guy come on with a good idea regarding the refereeing situation.

Instead of giving them a set wage, the refs should be paid by performance.

Therefor when the situation comes about where rangers or celtic give away a stone-wall penalty, the referee would then have to think i could pretend i didnt see it but lose out on a couple of hundred pounds in my wage or i can fairly give the penalty.

And the decision on how much they would be paid for there game would be decided either by the referee committee or by the SFA

I thought it was quite a good idea, i think there would probobly be less bias if their weekly wages were on the line on their performances.

Archived