Cortisone Injection

Swanny17

Any docs out there know if you need to see your GP first before having a Cortisone Injection, or will a private health clinic do it?

Cortisone injection

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Agony my first one :eek:

Any docs out there know if you need to see your GP first before having a Cortisone Injection, or will a private health clinic do it?

Depends why you think you need one. It only relieves the inflammation and and does nothing to treat the original injury.

Its got dozens of well documented potentially dangerous side effects such as impairment of the immune system and thinning of the skin and most top sportsmen wouldnt have it near them.

Go and get the injury treated would be my advice.

No health professional should ever be giving you cortisone as a first choice treatment.

Depends why you think you need one. It only relieves the inflammation and and does nothing to treat the original injury.

Its got dozens of well documented potentially dangerous side effects such as impairment of the immune system and thinning of the skin and most top sportsmen wouldnt have it near them.

Go and get the injury treated would be my advice.

No health professional should ever be giving you cortisone as a first choice treatment.

Thanks mate, but I'll try anything now - after 3 operations on the knee, I am still having trouble. I can't even cycle just now, as it feels like a tendon/muscle (????) directly above the knee cap is about to snap when I do.

:(

Thanks mate, but I'll try anything now - after 3 operations on the knee, I am still having trouble. I can't even cycle just now, as it feels like a tendon/muscle (????) directly above the knee cap is about to snap when I do.

:(

Cortisone isnt the long term answer trust me. Its only supposed to be used to reduce inflammation so that a doctor can see what the real problem is. If you try and get by on cortisone you'll end up doing more damage. Ask several well known footballers from a bit back, some of whom can hardly walk anymore, because they played several times after cortisone injections. Most players now would refuse one.

Archived