Is Miko a cheat?

Greedy_Jambo

Is Miko a cheat?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Miko a cheat?

Greedy_Jambo

If diving is cheating then surely he is... and deserves all he gets from the referees.

Or is diving acceptable?

Or maybe Miko doesn't dive and he genuinly has been fouled every time.

rudi must stay
If diving is cheating then surely he is... and deserves all he gets from the referees.

Or is diving acceptable?

sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't. The ref seemed awful quick to book him on Saturday though

monkfish1979

I don't think that whether Miko's prone to taking a dive has ever been called into question. What has been is whether or not he gets treated fairly when he does take a tumble.

Say what you want about refs giving in to "human nature", but the amount they get paid would suggest that they should be able to rise above that.

Commander Harris

Or is diving acceptable?

diving is cheating, it is not acceptable.

but each incident should be judged on its own merit, not on reputation, nationality or any previous incident. To do so is unjust at best and downright cheating at worst. this kind of injustice and or cheating also deserves to be highlighted.

I don't beleive he goes out to cheat, I think he trys to play along the lines of Nakamura and goes down easy when minimal contact is made.

I notice you haven't voted yet stef.

Dr. Bapswent

Or is diving acceptable?

Absolute guff.

If he dives, he gets booked.

If he doesn't he shouldn't.

Its the ref's who get it wrong, not the players.

They can dive all day if they want, but should get a card each and every time.

To make more out of it than that is looking for an excuse to hate a player.

Now stop making yourself look stupid.

Dr. Bapswent
diving is cheating, it is not acceptable.

but each incident should be judged on its own merit, not on reputation, nationality or any previous incident. To do so is unjust at best and downright cheating at worst, this also deserves to be highlighted.

Wrong, diving is totally acceptable, as long as the ref does his job, books the player and does not give a foul etc.

As long as the refs are up to the standard and apply the law consistently, there is no problem with diving, and in the end it will disappear as it will do the team no favours.

I'm pretty sure Miko doesn't think he's cheating. I think the way he's been coached is to go down at the slightest contact, so it's just part of his game. For what it's worth I thought he deserved the first booking on Saturday.

Miko is not the only player who goes down like that. Why is it we are talking about Miko? Because the media decided we will talk about Miko. How does that make you feel?

Greedy_Jambo
I don't beleive he goes out to cheat, I think he trys to play along the lines of Nakamura and goes down easy when minimal contact is made.

I notice you haven't voted yet stef.

I have voted now.

Guest jambomickey
I'm pretty sure Miko doesn't think he's cheating. I think the way he's been coached is to go down at the slightest contact, so it's just part of his game. For what it's worth I thought he deserved the first booking on Saturday.

he does dive 100% but he never on saturday

Dr. Bapswent
Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Miko is a cheat.

No he isn't, don't you get it.

He is a footballer who publicly got away with conning the ref.

The only person who should be shouted at is the ref for getting it wrong.

The incident should have resulted in Miko getting a card, and thats it,

Not all this handbag, feet stamping nonsense.

Commander Harris
Wrong, diving is totally acceptable, as long as the ref does his job, books the player and does not give a foul etc.

As long as the refs are up to the standard and apply the law consistently, there is no problem with diving, and in the end it will disappear as it will do the team no favours.

while I totally agree that it is the referees responsibilty to take appropriate action we'll have to agree to disagree on whether diving is "wrong".

Greedy_Jambo
Miko is not the only player who goes down like that. Why is it we are talking about Miko? Because the media decided we will talk about Miko. How does that make you feel?

It wasn't the media that made me talk about miko, it was miko that made me talk about miko.

Guest jambomickey

how can you blame the ref for a player trying to cheat? cheats should get suspensions as far as i'm concerned

Miko is hated by the SFA Mafia therefore is targeted at the start of every season, i wouldn't say he dives as such but goes down with minimal contact but he's not any worse than anyone else, I remember when Andy Walker was in the studio during a Scotland match a few years back, we should've been awarded a penalty in the first half and he readily admitted that if someone even touched him in the penalty box he would go down, he got lots of penalties for Celtic as did Jakanowski, Coyne, Petrov, Sutton, Di Canio, McAvennie, McGarvey, Jackson, Johnston(Mo)........the list goes on! Every player seeks to gain an advantage in or near the penalty box, and look at Broadfoot on Saturday! Personally, I think the SFA have it in for Romanov, they know it's only a matter of time before their seedy little OldFirm world will be exposed, we all know what's been going on for years and they're getting a little bit worried that this could go further than they would like. I also think they've got it in for Lithuanians in Scotland, let's see what happens when Velicka goes down at some point, he'll be the exception to the rule because he plays for one of their beloveds, you watch! It WILL happen!

Dr. Bapswent
while I totally agree that it is the referees responsibilty to take appropriate action we'll have to agree to disagree on whether diving is "wrong".

I think you get my point.

Im not actually meaning they are acceptable, but it is the punishment from the referee that determines this. It would be silly to dive, but only because the referee should ALWAYS hand out the appropriate punishment, not because the player is some sort of blacksheep for trying it.

If Miko's feeling sorry for himself,maybe someone should read him the story-'The Boy who cried wolf'!:P

Dr. Bapswent
how can you blame the ref for a player trying to cheat? cheats should get suspensions as far as i'm concerned

So you'd suspend all players who overact after a foul?

Those who pretend to be injured, when they are not?

Who throw their arms up to try and get a throw in their way even if its not?

because thats all cheating.

peebles jambo
Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Miko is a cheat.

not a miko fan then

there's more than him in scottish football, since his imfamous hampden dive, his numbers up

I don't think that whether Miko's prone to taking a dive has ever been called into question. What has been is whether or not he gets treated fairly when he does take a tumble.

Say what you want about refs giving in to "human nature", but the amount they get paid would suggest that they should be able to rise above that.

Agreed.

Diving only exists because referees get it wrong often enough. If referees were correct more often, then it would stop.

This ridiculous, holier than thou, anti diving brigade that come out against Mikoliunas are ignorant.

I don't remember Pressley being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Colquhoun being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Robertson being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Crabbe being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Fuller being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Adam being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Fulton being labelled a cheat.

The list could go on, but only Mikoliunas is used as a benchmark.

Different point but I wonder, will the BBC remark about Velicka being a "diver" this season or if that was a term/label that left him as soon as he arrived at Murray Park?

Con = bamboozle, bluff, cheat, deceive, dupe, fool, gyp, mislead, scam, swindle, trick.

It wasn't my fault mummy, the ref let me do it.

Pass all the blame onto the ref if you like, doesn't excuse a cheat. By your logic - if somebody kills another and doesn't get caught, it's the police that are guilty and the murderer isn't in the wrong. Madness.

If you think the referee is entirely responsible for Miko diving, then you can't complain when those refs victimise him every time it looks like he has went down too easily - they'd just be trying to make sure he doesn't con them again.

Yes and refs should get suspensions for cheating too!

Dr. Bapswent
Con = bamboozle, bluff, cheat, deceive, dupe, fool, gyp, mislead, scam, swindle, trick.

Pass all the blame onto the ref if you like, doesn't excuse a cheat. By your logic - if somebody kills another and doesn't get caught, it's the police that are guilty and the murderer isn't in the wrong. Madness.

If you think the referee is entirely responsible for Miko diving, then you can't complain when those refs victimise him every time it looks like he has went down too easily - they'd just be trying to make sure he doesn't con them again.

No, because there is a difference between diving at football and murder.

Dont you see.

No, because there is a difference between diving at football and murder.

Dont you see.

The only difference is the severity of the crime. Both actions are wrong though.

To say Miko isn't a cheat because he didn't get caught is silly.

As far as analogies go, that's probably the worst one that's been posted in awhile.

For the record cheating isn't a crime whereas murder is.

Commander Harris
Agreed.

Diving only exists because referees get it wrong often enough. If referees were correct more often, then it would stop.

This ridiculous, holier than thou, anti diving brigade that come out against Mikoliunas are ignorant.

I don't remember Pressley being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Colquhoun being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Robertson being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Crabbe being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Fuller being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Adam being labelled a cheat.

I don't remember Fulton being labelled a cheat.

The list could go on, but only Mikoliunas is used as a benchmark.

Different point but I wonder, will the BBC remark about Velicka being a "diver" this season or if that was a term/label that left him as soon as he arrived at Murray Park?

excellent point sir.

Pressley in particular was a persistent offender but he never received anything like the attention or stick that Mikoliunas does for this.

Dr. Bapswent
The only difference is the severity of the crime. Both actions are wrong though.

To say Miko isn't a cheat because he didn't get caught is silly.

No, one is about football, where trying to get around the rules will only ever get you a maximum advantage of a goal, or the maximum disadvantage of being sent off etc.

One is murder.

Do you see.

See you behind the goals

Or is diving acceptable?

Cheat 100% ....IMO

It makes me cringe the way he throws himself to the ground when there's been no, or minimal contact made !!!!

It wasn't the way we were brought up to play football and i don't like watching it. Again MO

Charlie-Brown

Miko has a reputation as a diver however in my opinion he is no worse than several Old Firm & other SPL players who are treated far more leniently by both referee's & the media.

Dagger Is Back

Yes he is a cheat - no doubt about it IMO.

But then so is

any player who pushes an opponent

any player who tugs a jersey

any player who steals a few yards at a free kick/throw in

I've never understood the furore caused by divers when you have guys like Zali/Caldwell/Balde manhandling attackers whenever there is a set piece.

Football throughout the world has been full of cheats and it will be for many years to come. It's part of human nature to try to win even if it means using an unfair advantage to do so.

Mike ain't the first, he sure as hell won't be the last.

The really distasteful thing about the whole episode is the holier than thou attitude displayed by pundits, media and some players in this country.

I thought that you would side with Saturday's referee.

Those on this forum who question your "Jambo" credentials will not be the least surprised.

portobellojambo1

I don't think he is an out and out cheat as such, or at least not regularly, I think he has tried to cheat in the past, unfortunately the most blatant of those occasions he got off with it, in fact his team benefited from it, and that has possibly been his downfall.

I think it is more sometimes cheating, sometimes naive, sometimes just plain stupid, which lets face it if those were the characteristics of someone in any other walk of life you would probably question if you wanted to do business with them.

On Saturday Papac put his arm out, Mikoliunas could have turned that situation into a favourable one for us by (a) getting us a free kick and (B) getting Papac a booking (which he should have got anyway). But unfortunately the whole incident was turned around because of the actions of Mikoliunas, he threw himself to the ground.

I still think Mikoliunas ran more at him, rather than trying to run around him, hence the reason why when Papac makes initial contact his arm is still bent at the elbow because he (Mikoliunas) is so close. But Mikoliunas should have just stopped then, and waited to see what the decision was. I am not saying it would have went in our favour, but it could have. Instead he threw himself to the ground as if someone had hit him smack between the eyes with a sledgehammer.

He deserved his booking on Saturday, for what he did, but could have got away with it if he had acted correctly,

Cheating, naive, stupid, a little bit of all three on Saturday I think.

Toxteth O'Grady

Miko goes down too easily but he's no worse than many others.

The difference is that he almost never gets a decision in his favour.

There have been several times when he should have had a penalty or free kick but he hasn't.

If there was any consistency plenty of other players such as Nakamura Broadfoot, McGeady & Zemamma would be getting booked for it just as often.

All players in football cheat....

Taking extra yards at throw ins is cheating

Trying to get other players booked is cheating

Trying to claim throw ins / corners all the time is cheating

Pulling players jerseys is cheating

Feigning injuries is cheating

.... the list goes on........ Miko is no worse than others, he's just not very good at it, or as sly as others

He IS a cheat.

But he isn't as bad as any of the following;

Kirk Broadfoot

Benjaloon

Zemmamma

Lee Miller

Nakamura

Kris Boyd

David Clarkson

Steven Pressley

Steven Naismith.

I'd like to see how many of them have been booked for it recently.

Miko is being victimised. Yes he does dive, consequently this is cheating. It is wrong. The problem is that it should be the same rules for everybody, clearly it is not. Satruday's example is a good example - the first booking, he was fouled. Had it been a Rangers player it's likely no booking would have been administered.

Captain America

As far as im aware Miko has never been unfaithful to his wife so therefore he is not a cheat.

.... the list goes on........ Miko is no worse than others, he's just not very good at it, or as sly as others

Spot on

If he stays with Hearts he will be up there with the rest of the them.

Love him or hate him he is a star.

On the back of my daughters home top.

Audry regulated to the away top

tartofmidlothian
He IS a cheat.

But he isn't as bad as any of the following;

Kirk Broadfoot

Benjaloon

Zemmamma

Lee Miller

Nakamura

Kris Boyd

David Clarkson

Steven Pressley

Steven Naismith.

I'd like to see how many of them have been booked for it recently.

Strongly agreed (although maybe not with the Pressley bit).

Geoff Kilpatrick

Correct.

Two incidents with Miko spring to mind.

v aberdeen at pittodrie last season, cutting back from the byeline, legs taken, no penalty & booked. same game chopped in half at centre circle, play waved on.

Saturday, running at speed, went down, IMHO freekick.

2nd yellow, went for the ball, feet firmly on the ground until after any contact made - harsh booking.

end of - he is being targetted by referees

Ksnavacuis v M'Well - contact made but flung himself (booked)

same day Falkirk v Huns, same contact and same dive = penalty awarded????????

Marmeladent?rtchen

I have always said that diving is acceptable until FIFA clamp down on it.

Until they do the likes of Miko, Ronaldo, and Broadfoot have a licence to keep on going!

Why do we waste so much time on the little prat.........

MIKO IS GASH.

If he were a decent contibutor to the cause it might be worth the effort defending him.

Never has been or ever will be worthy of the famous jersey.

:irritated:

Why do we waste so much time on the little prat.........

MIKO IS GASH.

If he were a decent contibutor to the cause it might be worth the effort defending him.

Never has been or ever will be worthy of the famous jersey.

:irritated:

Be that as it may he is still one of our better players IMO. The side we have at the moment lacks any real class players. To be honest I dont even think he gets victimised either, he just makes a meal out of any contact then flails his arms about like he?s been shot. Its more the dramatising of the dive than the dive itself that gets him booked I think. Loads of players go down when they could stay up but miko takes it to the next level.

Archived