Edu

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

Rangers new signing subject to work permit.

I wonder how efficiently the permit will be processed. I wonder if he will cruise through the appeal (he's only been in the US team for a year).

Well from what Ive seen of him at Toronto, and im a Toronto 'fan' he looks like he would be a very good prospect for them. Doesnt matter how good he is anyways cause he'll still get the permit!

USA are ranked 31 in the world and he has just been playing in the olympics has he not?

Even so they would still have no problems I would imagine, it's rankers after all. The same rules do not apply to them or sellick.

Ibrahim Tall

He's played for the senior team who are far higher than Uganda and got the Rookie Of the Year award in the MLS. They won't have a problem getting him a work permit, seriously doubt we would either.

The People's Chimp
Rangers new signing subject to work permit.

I wonder how efficiently the permit will be processed. I wonder if he will cruise through the appeal (he's only been in the US team for a year).

What, just like Obua did?

I'd imagine that even we would be in a great position to get the likes of edu a W/P.

This kind of paranoia doesn't help our cause when we actually do have something to complain about.

rudi must stay

I'd imagine that even we would be in a great position to get the likes of edu a W/P.

This kind of paranoia doesn't help our cause when we actually do have something to complain about.

probably. But we wouldn't if we tried to get some of the guys they have got WP's for in the past, like that Japanese guy who's never played for the country in his life

Have to agree.

We've got lots to complain about, but this isn't one of them.

Interesting transfer movements for R@ng*rs.

They spend all summer chasing central defenders, bid for the Watford defender that the spell check will not like = lose out. Bid for Loovens = lose out. Bid for Bougherra = Central defender signed.

After that, they sell, at the last minute and without R@ng*rs knowing anything at all (;) ) their star centre half for a large fee.

We read in the paper that they will reinvest and will strengthen the side. They then go out and sign FOUR central midfielders (Edu, Spanish dude, Mendes and Davis due to sign today) in the space of a week.

GIVEN they spent all summer looking at defenders as a priority and they have now lost their best centre half, isn't it odd that they have not pounced to buy a defender?

It is ALMOST as if they knew Cuellar was going, but that could not be the case, they would never lie to their own fans would they?:rolleyes:

Interesting transfer movements for R@ng*rs.

They spend all summer chasing central defenders, bid for the Watford defender that the spell check will not like = lose out. Bid for Loovens = lose out. Bid for Bougherra = Central defender signed.

After that, they sell, at the last minute and without R@ng*rs knowing anything at all (;) ) their star centre half for a large fee.

We read in the paper that they will reinvest and will strengthen the side. They then go out and sign FOUR central midfielders (Edu, Spanish dude, Mendes and Davis due to sign today) in the space of a week.

GIVEN they spent all summer looking at defenders as a priority and they have now lost their best centre half, isn't it odd that they have not pounced to buy a defender?

It is ALMOST as if they knew Cuellar was going, but that could not be the case, they would never lie to their own fans would they?:rolleyes:

I would have though a winger and a right back were needed just as much as a central midfielder or two.

So now they have twelve forwards, sixteen central midfielders and are left with Broadfoot at right back and two strikers on the wings.

Strange

the work permit situation seems very inconsistent. Seems some of the English premiership teams have been printing off permits themselves by the looks of all the south american youngsters coming through this season

the work permit situation seems very inconsistent. Seems some of the English premiership teams have been printing off permits themselves by the looks of all the south american youngsters coming through this season

Genuine question...such as who? Many South Americans have EU passports and don't need to get work permits.

Seymour M Hersh

You've mis-understood me. I'm not being paranoid here just wondering aloud. He is not an automatic qualification as only 1 year's full international. Abua has only been able to sign yesterday after how many weeks?. How quick will this guy's appeal etc be processed? Nothing to do whether he is worth one or whether he'd get one if signing for us.

The People's Chimp
You've mis-understood me. I'm not being paranoid here just wondering aloud. He is not an automatic qualification as only 1 year's full international. Abua has only been able to sign yesterday after how many weeks?. How quick will this guy's appeal etc be processed? Nothing to do whether he is worth one or whether he'd get one if signing for us.

Ok, well, I think his will probably go through a lot quicker. After all, the home office in scotland are based in govan...:rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh
Ok, well, I think his will probably go through a lot quicker. After all, the home office in scotland are based in govan...:rolleyes:

So just another indication (if it were needed) that it's a different set of rules for the ugly sisters. Time will tell though, he might not be available until October due to red tape!!:)

Archived