Just watched BBC highlights for first time...

daviel1975

Charlie-Brown

Rangers penalty was a definite penalty unless you are a Dundee United player being tackled by a Celtic player.......... :o

If Miko's first booking was 'simulation' then Broadfoot, Boyd & Velicka all commited similar going down easy / deliberately conning the referee offences yet were awarded fouls for Rangers not yellow cards.

Bougherra's handball would have been a harsh award BUT would it have been given at the other end?

Guest JamboRobbo

Bougherra's handball would have been a harsh award BUT would it have been given at the other end?

Would it have been given if the jambos were top of the league, and it was 1-0 to the Jambos at Tynie and it was Robbie Neilson who's hand it hit?

Charlie-Brown
Would it have been given if the jambos were top of the league, and it was 1-0 to the Jambos at Tynie and it was Robbie Neilson who's hand it hit?

A not dis-similar handball was given against Eggert Jonsson in the Scottish Cup game at Fir Park last season - the ball was played up and definitely struck his arms but was it intentional?

Guest JamboRobbo
A not dis-similar handball was given against Eggert Jonsson in the Scottish Cup game at Fir Park last season - the ball was played up and definitely struck his arms but was it intentional?

Must be those nasty OF biased refs. :eek:

Charlie-Brown

For every 1 decision we may have had in OUR favour against Rangers I can assure you TEN times as many have gone against us over the years......the same is true for Dundee Utd, Hibs & all the other teams against the OLd Firm.

We_are_the_Hearts

And the ref in that game was...........................DOUGAL.

Charlie-Brown
Must be those nasty OF biased refs. :eek:

Stop being an @rse - the point is those kind of handball decisions are given as penalties just as many times as they aren't.

Guest JamboRobbo
Stop being an @rse - the point is those kind of handball decisions are given as penalties just as many times as they aren't.

What? So it's not just a big conspiracy against Hearts now?

Seymour M Hersh
Paul Mitchell is a Jambo!! Maybe, like many Kickbackers, he just doesn't like Miko.

Or maybe like another well known and disliked radio presenter he's no more a hearts fan than Roughie!!

Yes

Broogerrerrrars ( there, have a bit of your own medicine ya pundit erses ) handball was not a penalty. This was surely cleared up once and for all on the SFA whistleblower page following Robbie's accidental handball at Tynie. However, Eggert's hand ball at Motherwell was and if you 'dive in' seeking to block the ball in that manner then you have to accept it may result in a Pen.

My one clear gripe would be Broadfoot's embarrassing 'tumble' vs. Miko's obstruction

The laws state

Decision 5

Any simulating action anywhere on the field which is intended to deceive the referee, must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour = card

However Dougal has invoked rule 1690 at this point

Could / Should Wallace have gone ?

As one poster suggested elsewhere, two reds to Hearts may have invited closer scrutiny on Dougal's performance and, following on from Smith's and McCurry's recent debacle's, he may have thought better of it.

...and I have to say I feel slightly misled by some who have commented on yesterdays events.

Some observations:-

1. Broadfoot should definitely have been booked for his dive in the first half.

2. Miko did go down very, very easily. Not much sympathy from me.

3. Ridiculous challenge for his second booking. Even if the first one was harsh, he should be professional enough to keep the heid. Disgraceful, especially with his previous disciplinary issues.

4. The penalty appeal where the shot hit Bougherra would have been incredibly harsh and we would have been raging if that was given against us. Anybody who can't see that is being one eyed in the extreme.

5. The penalty Rangers got was a stick-on.

All in all, I feel that some of the reaction on here has been verging on hysteria. I bet I'm not the only one who has watched the highlights and been shocked at the difference between the way events have been described and what actually happened.

After watching the highlights I'd agree with all of that except Miko's booking for diving - going down easy isn't the same as diving.

Broadfoot dived, Miko played for a foul.

Bert Le Clos
What? So it's not just a big conspiracy against Hearts now?

I don't think it's the penalty incidents that people are most annoyed at. Your unlikely to get a penalty at Ibronx or Darkheid, but that goes for all teams. In the same way Rankgers and Septic probably get fewer penalties away from home, and Hearts get more at Tynie.

What I'm p!$$ed of about is that fact that refs are prejudiced against Miko. That IMO, constitues as bias. Whether it is his fault due to previous misdemeanours is irrelevant.

Broadfoot getting away with his dive, and Miko's first booking are perfect examples of this. The same could be said for the 'foul' against Boyd for their first goal.

...and I have to say I feel slightly misled by some who have commented on yesterdays events.

3. Ridiculous challenge for his second booking. Even if the first one was harsh, he should be professional enough to keep the heid. Disgraceful, especially with his previous disciplinary issues.

4. The penalty appeal where the shot hit Bougherra would have been incredibly harsh and we would have been raging if that was given against us. Anybody who can't see that is being one eyed in the extreme.

All in all, I feel that some of the reaction on here has been verging on hysteria. I bet I'm not the only one who has watched the highlights and been shocked at the difference between the way events have been described and what actually happened.

I entirely agree with this. Just posted similar elsewhere. Having watched the game this Dougal 2 - 0 Hearts is all a bit cringey

After watching the highlights I'd agree with all of that except Miko's booking for diving - going down easy isn't the same as diving.

Broadfoot dived, Miko played for a foul.

...but having been booked Miko should have screwed the nut.

He didnt.

Same as when he was booked at Easter Road, and then sent off.

can't disagree with any of this. the penalty decsions were spot on in my view. only thing i disagree with is that miko's first booking was harsh in the extreme and he's the only player on the park who would have been booked.

can't disagree with any of this. the penalty decsions were spot on in my view. only thing i disagree with is that miko's first booking was harsh in the extreme and he's the only player on the park who would have been booked.

to be fair audrius would have been too....

gorgie rd eh11

You've forgotten to add boyds blatant simulation to earn a free kick, which led to the very important opening goal.

Miko has been sent off 4 times in scottish football. Paul Gascoine, i believe, was never sent of in scottish football, Bobo Balde the same, although they were both sent of in european matches. Rantic players get away with murder, and Miko "is" treated differently, thats bias.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's been pointed out numerous times that Kirk Broadfoot dives. Has he ever been booked for it and, if not, why not?

You've forgotten to add boyds blatant simulation to earn a free kick, which led to the very important opening goal.

Miko has been sent off 4 times in scottish football. Paul Gascoine, i believe, was never sent of in scottish football, Bobo Balde the same, although they were both sent of in european matches. Rantic players get away with murder, and Miko "is" treated differently, thats bias.

That's a myth.

Greedy_Jambo

I agree with you 100%

People moaning about the ref and the "scottish mafia" should face up to it... We're just not good enough!!

gorgie rd eh11
It's been pointed out numerous times that Kirk Broadfoot dives. Has he ever been booked for it and, if not, why not?

Because the media will not wage the same campaign on a rangers player, in the way that they do against others. Broadfoot dives in every game i see him in, but there is no chance of them continually making references to it. Even acknowledging it is a no/no with our journalists and broadcasters, in case they upset sir david,or walter and alistair.

Even though it didn't hit his hand (it hit the back of his upper arm), I'll humour you. If it is ball to hand (especially from about 2m away!) it is not handball!

my understanding is that if the ball is travalliing towards goal and it hits the arm..(regardless of ball to arm) then it is a penalty kick. This happened twice in 3 seconds.

I heard a stat that rangers haven't conceded a penalty at home in years - can any one back this up?

Guest Dipped Flake

Can't comment on the Broadfoot incident as it wasn't shown on Setanta (at least I never noticed it). On the others, I thought Miko probably deserved a booking for his dive and, although his second booking was a wee bit harsh, he should have known better than to go diving in when already on a yellow card. No way was it a penalty for us, the defender was turning away and his elbow was at his side. rangers one was a penalty and Wallace lucky to stay on the park. All in all I don't have a problem with the referee today. I think we should save our ire for the more blatant biased decisions that will no doubt go against us as the season goes on.

p.s. Wll done, again, to Craig Levein for his not too subtle dig at yet another terrible decision against his team in favour of the of.

Can't comment on the Broadfoot incident as it wasn't shown on Setanta (at least I never noticed it). On the others, I thought Miko probably deserved a booking for his dive and, although his second booking was a wee bit harsh, he should have known better than to go diving in when already on a yellow card. No way was it a penalty for us, the defender was turning away and his elbow was at his side. rangers one was a penalty and Wallace lucky to stay on the park. All in all I don't have a problem with the referee today. I think we should save our ire for the more blatant biased decisions that will no doubt go against us as the season goes on.

p.s. Wll done, again, to Craig Levein for his not too subtle dig at yet another terrible decision against his team in favour of the of.

Clear as day in the BBC highlights up there now ...

my understanding is that if the ball is travalliing towards goal and it hits the arm..(regardless of ball to arm) then it is a penalty kick. This happened twice in 3 seconds.

I heard a stat that rangers haven't conceded a penalty at home in years - can any one back this up?

The last penalty scored against Rangers at Ibrox was on 20th August 2005 (Maloney for Celtic). I don't know if any have been conceded and missed since though.

this_is_my_story
What's your point caller? At what point did I say I was a Hearts supporter? If you are saying that me calling it as I see it 'outs' me as a non-Jambo does that not prove my point about the one-eyed way yesterday's game has been described on here?

Are you willing to respond to any of my observations or is name calling your limit?

For the record, I'm not a Hibs fan either.

The last penalty scored against Rangers at Ibrox was on 20th August 2005 (Maloney for Celtic). I don't know if any have been conceded and missed since though.

Interesting. how about the last penalty given to a non-OF team at Ibrox.

Interesting. how about the last penalty given to a non-OF team at Ibrox.

Again, it's hard to ascertain whether any have been conceded and missed but the last scored was on 28th November 2004. Scored by Hartley for Hearts. That must have been before the conspiracy kicked in, or maybe just when Hearts were a better side. ;)

Walter Bishop

Just viewed highlights on GBC website, Broadfoot dives - "wins" free-kick, Boyd dives - "wins" free-kick, Miko doesnt dive - Gets booked???

Penalty is a stonewaller aswell, the ball is net bound and is blocked by hand/arm, this as far as im concerned is a penalty. You are not going to tell me Dougal would have waved away claims it was at the other end?

As i have said in another thread something drastic needs to be done, if REAL big clubs(not diddy ones like the old firm) like Milan and Juventus can be halled up for corruption etc then something surely can be done to rid scottish football of this poison.

this_is_my_story
Why?

We would have been raging if that had been given against us. :confused:

Re-read post #77.

You start a thread about a Hearts match, on a Hearts board, in which you highlight a penalty claim for Hearts. You state that 'we' would be raging if it was given against 'us'.

I'd say the above is good grounds for anyone reading your original post to assume that you're either a Jambo, or, for reasons known only to yourself, intending to be taken as one.

See that's just nonsense. The incident at Motherwell was very clear cut. Jonsson stupidly had both arms high above his head and the ref had no option when it quite clearly smacked off his hand. We would have been screaming for it at the other end. As much as I want to believe Saturday's was a penalty it's clear to me it wasn't ! The guy had his arms to his side, turned his back and it hit near the top of his arm. The marginal decisions never went for us and I doubt it's ever likely to change much but it was Hearts shortcomings which lost the match.

Re-read post #77.

You start a thread about a Hearts match, on a Hearts board, in which you highlight a penalty claim for Hearts. You state that 'we' would be raging if it was given against 'us'.

I'd say the above is good grounds for anyone reading your original post to assume that you're either a Jambo, or, for reasons known only to yourself, intending to be taken as one.

Point taken - I can see how it was misleading. I wasn't trying to imply I was a Jambo, though, when I said 'we' I was referring to myself and those I was sitting with in the Govan stand.

gorgie rd eh11
See that's just nonsense. The incident at Motherwell was very clear cut. Jonsson stupidly had both arms high above his head and the ref had no option. We would have been screaming for it at the other end. As much as I want to believe Saturday's was a penalty it's clear to me it wasn't ! The guy had his arms to his side, turned his back and it hit near the top of his arm. The marginal decisions never went for us and I doubt it's ever likely to change much but it was Hearts shortcomings which lost the match.

The "marginal decisions" can and do have a huge bearing on the outcome of any match. Boyds simulation to gain a free kick, from which rangers scored their opening goal for example. I agree it would have been a harsh decision to award a penalty to Hearts, but when all the marginal decisions are added up over a game, and they almost always go the same way, something is wrong.

The "marginal decisions" can and do have a huge bearing on the outcome of any match. Boyds simulation to gain a free kick, from which rangers scored their opening goal for example. I agree it would have been a harsh decision to award a penalty to Hearts, but when all the marginal decisions are added up over a game, and they almost always go the same way, something is wrong.

I don't disagree however we had already been given 3 or 4 fouls in challenges between our centre halfs and their centre forwards and you know in any game these are going to be evened out. We still made a hash of defending the free kick with Wallace attempts at stopping the ball in a complete shambles.

Charlie-Brown

For the free-kick that lead up to Rangers first goal Boyd backed into Berra fell over whilst grabbing Berra's shorts - it was an attempt to con the referee into giving a foul - it worked. There was nothing marginal about the decision Berra didn't foul him - Boyd conned the ref. Wallace should have not been beaten by Bougherra the way he was from then on our defence was under sever pressure. :(

For the free-kick that lead up to Rangers first goal Boyd backed into Berra fell over whilst grabbing Berra's shorts - it was an attempt to con the referee into giving a foul - it worked. There was nothing marginal about the decision Berra didn't foul him - Boyd conned the ref. Wallace should have not been beaten by Bougherra the way he was from then on our defence was under sever pressure. :(

Should have defended it better though. It was poor defending that cost the goal not the free kick itself

At the end of the day it was the 2nd phase of football after the free kick and we had a full compliment in defence all ready to defend because it was a set play.

When I was reading posts on here after the goal I thought Lafferty had hit it straight from the free kick

Charlie-Brown
Should have defended it better though. It was poor defending that cost the goal not the free kick itself

At the end of the day it was the 2nd phase of football after the free kick and we had a full compliment in defence all ready to defend because it was a set play.

When I was reading posts on here after the goal I thought Lafferty had hit it straight from the free kick

Bougherra played the ball to McCulloch who swiped at the ball and completely missed his kick the ball and some of our defenders expected to block this non-shot but the rolled to straight to Lafferty just behind him who had a clear shot back across MacDonald into the bottom corner - Wallace sold the jerseys with his weak tackle/block on Bougherra, he should have cleaned him & the ball straight out.

Archived