BBC Scotland

Deevers

I take it quite a few of us listened to the commentary on BBC Scotland on Saturday. I'm quite disgusted at the bias shown by the two match commentators, their gushing rim licking of absolutely everything to do with Rangers was appalling and an affront to the idea of neutral broadcasting. Through out the whole broadcast I'm hard pressed to think of anything positive that they had to say about Hearts. When Miko was ordered off, they both frenzied in their condemnation of him and I'm sure that they were foaming at the mouth.

Makes me wonder why I'm forced to pay a licence fee to support this trash - thank god they have not got the contract to supply us with live matches on TV.

I take it quite a few of us listened to the commentary on BBC Scotland on Saturday. I'm quite disgusted at the bias shown by the two match commentators, their gushing rim licking of absolutely everything to do with Rangers was appalling and an affront to the idea of neutral broadcasting. Through out the whole broadcast I'm hard pressed to think of anything positive that they had to say about Hearts. When Miko was ordered off, they both frenzied in their condemnation of him and I'm sure that they were foaming at the mouth.

Makes me wonder why I'm forced to pay a licence fee to support this trash - thank god they have not got the contract to supply us with live matches on TV.

The merciless 'Nade's a fat *******' routine get very boring after 2 secs.

Remember Allan Preston (A Hearts 'fan' :rolleyes;) last season at Pittodrie, commentating on the bbc?

Allan Preston is a ladies front bottom.

Yeah i thought all the commentators did (can't mind who they were) was just constantly complaining at our players, although don't know if they did this because they were playing poorly or just ranting.

I did enjoy Billy Dodd's comments on sportsound after today's game though so not all bad.

David McCaig

The Chick Young interview with "Coisty" was just nauseating.

As I stated on another thread, Sportsound yesterday was like listening to Radio Rangers, there is more balance and perspective on Hearts World which is an unashamedly biased show.

The pro-Murray propoganda in the first 50 minutes of the show was truly staggering.

Even Richard Gordon seems to have gone completely native these days, which underlines the point that the bias is so institutional that even the non-OF presenters eventually sucumb to the official party line.

Chad Sexington
Allan Preston is a ladies front bottom.

Correct.

Absolutely garbage as a player as well.

I listened to the BBC while I watched the video stream yesterday. It had me yearning for Hearts World, which I've sacked, within minutes.

Really, really horrible commentary.

:(

Yeah i thought all the commentators did (can't mind who they were) was just constantly complaining at our players, although don't know if they did this because they were playing poorly or just ranting.

I did enjoy Billy Dodd's comments on sportsound after today's game though so not all bad.

Indeed.Dodds seems to be the only one talking any sense these days.Ex Pro though not like the majority of ring lickers on there.

If we can shove aside the persistent cries of Paranoia for a moment, I believe there is a very worrying 'truth' to be found in this observation.

This is the 'National Broadcaster' we are talking about here, not Rangers TV as one might easily mistake it for.

If I want the Ibrox 'slant' on life then I can easily buy myself a subscription to one of Setanta's off-shoots. I certainly don't expect to be subjected to it when I view the service I am forced to subscribe to when I buy my annual licence :mad:

I believe it also makes the basis of our continual reference to GFA more tangible. These people are simply unaware of a life beyond Glasgow and it is beyond their grasp why we should find that a trifle unfair

Italian Lambretta

Wasn't it Billy Dodds who said today that Miko deserved to get booked and then sent off yesterday because of his past?

Because Miko took a dive to get his country (Lithuania) a penalty against Scotland he should now suffer at the hands of referees while he remains in Scottish Football.

He then went onto have a laugh about Kirk Broadfoots blatant dive as if it was just a big Fecking joke.

This little Fecker is nothing but a Bigotted little Ar-se who despises all things that represent HMFC, Vlaidimir Romanov and Lithuania:mad:

Malinga the Swinga
Wasn't it Billy Dodds who said today that Miko deserved to get booked and then sent off yesterday because of his past?

Because Miko took a dive to get his country (Lithuania) a penalty against Scotland he should now suffer at the hands of referees while he remains in Scottish Football.

He then went onto have a laugh about Kirk Broadfoots blatant dive as if it was just a big Fecking joke.

This little Fecker is nothing but a Bigotted little Ar-se who despises all things that represent HMFC, Vlaidimir Romanov and Lithuania:mad:

Yep, it was 'Doddsy' who said all this. Never forget, he is only a pundit because of his association to Rangers.

Never heard that bit tbh so can't comment. What i did agree with though was when he said he gets mad when referee's come out a defend shocking decisions they have made even when tv evidence shows it was wrong and also went on to say in all the time he played he can't remember a time when the OF were up in arms after a decision didn't go their way against a 'provincial club'.

Never heard those comments either.Too good to be true that someone was being impartial in the sportsound team.Ah well.....!

Captain of Hungary

Two incidents perfectly summed up yesterday.

Early in the first half Broadfoot goes on a run, he evades a tackle by Stewart but knocks the ball too far ahead of himslelf. Seeing he is about to lose the ball he theatrically throws himself to the ground, despite the fact that Stewart's leg is a yard away.

The referee gives a free kick to Rangers.

Mikoluinas goes on a run in the second half. He attempts to go round Papac. Papac uses his arm to impede Mikoluinas. This is clearly an illegal use of the arm and Mikoluinas falls to the turf.

The referee gives a free kick to Rangers and books the Hearts player.

As Craig Levein said last season. 'Whats the point'?

Nelly Terraces
The Chick Young interview with "Coisty" was just nauseating.

As I stated on another thread, Sportsound yesterday was like listening to Radio Rangers, there is more balance and perspective on Hearts World which is an unashamedly biased show.

The pro-Murray propoganda in the first 50 minutes of the show was truly staggering.

Even Richard Gordon seems to have gone completely native these days, which underlines the point that the bias is so institutional that even the non-OF presenters eventually sucumb to the official party line.

Yeah, heard that, it was actually quite sickening how far up his ringpiece Dung was. 'Alistair' this and that, then shouting after him at the end 'Coisty' like he's his big **** mate. The fawning of Dung towards Fat Lad McCost was puerile and immature to a horrific degree. It made me want to puke how hand in hand these media halfwits are with this lot. I've read/heard nothing since about the game as i know it'll be 99.9 biased towards the manky rankers ****.

Have to say though, full points to Dougall, that was a sterling perfomance in one sidedness from a cheating barsteward. Even by SPL refs standards that was a beauty. How can these shop fronts sleep at night is beyond me.

FT Media/SFA/Bent 'refs'. Scottish football is totally sick.

Jam Tarts 1874

Yup, Craig Paterson's post-match summary was along the lines of "Rangers (who I used to play for) were barrie, Hertz were no, I didnae see anything wrong wi anything".

Johanes de Silentio

Somebody told me today that BBC Sport online (on Saturday) stated that Miko has a strong case for harrassment, but I cannae find it! I do trust the person who told me, though.

True to form, though, Murdo McLeod said LIVE ON AIR today on BBC Radio Scotland, that..

"if Mikoliunas was booked directly because of his reputation, then so be it"!

FFS!

Whatever happened to justice?

Aye, let's prosecute people for their reputations, shall we?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Justice relies on truth, evidence, proof, and - OH AYE - ACTUALLY HAVING BEEN FOUND TO HAVE COMMITED A CRIME!

If players are to be punished for their reputations, let's start with old firm players, shall we? ****** ME RIGID!

So called 'experts' spouting this kind of P**H makes my blood boil!

Al.

Craig Paterson was IMO was a disgrace.

He was talking about Miko being a diver as he came on and unfortunately as i did not have the benefit of the pictures took his comments at face value i.e deliberate dive, stick on penalty etc etc. His general comments made him look like a biased hun AND he was using weedie words like wur and fulla (our and fellow for those that dont speak weegie).

Now CP is born and bred in Penicuik and actually a very nice guy but seems to turn into a bias sod of the worst kind when commentating on Rancers. He is actually a hobo by upbringing and as a player. Funny though when I watched the results on TV Billy Dodds seemed to have the opposite opinion on these incidents.

I just think guys like him and Richard Gordon have lost a lot of credability lately with there comments and in RG case sniggering when anything Hearts is mentioned. As an ex hubz and Rancers players dont expect CP lo love Hearts but do expect fair and unbiased commentry as a reporter.

I see Craig on an almost daily basis ( not yesterday)and I am considering what I will say to him when I next see him without being rude......... suggestions on a post card please

Seymour M Hersh

Do they cow-tow to tin legs for fear of being dumped from the cozy club (lunches, flights on the private jet etc). It seems Speirs is the only one who doesn't give a ferk being at an English paper now.

gorgie rd eh11

If they are saying Miko is treated differently, then they are admitting the officials show bias against him. The fact scottish football seems to think this is ok, says everything.

Indeed.Dodds seems to be the only one talking any sense these days.Ex Pro though not like the majority of ring lickers on there.

Pat Nevin was slagging off all the pro-Hun decisions on Sportsound too. Fair play to him even if he is a total Tim.

Never heard that bit tbh so can't comment. What i did agree with though was when he said he gets mad when referee's come out a defend shocking decisions they have made even when tv evidence shows it was wrong and also went on to say in all the time he played he can't remember a time when the OF were up in arms after a decision didn't go their way against a 'provincial club'.

Murdo McLeod was embarassed as hell when forced by Richard Gordon to admit the same thing after the commentary on the Celtic-Dundee Utd game yesterday.

I see Craig on an almost daily basis ( not yesterday)and I am considering what I will say to him when I next see him without being rude......... suggestions on a post card please

How about **** off you Hibs **** ?

How about **** off you Hibs **** ?

I like your style I will consider it as along the lines of my early thoughts :clap:

Carl Spackler
Yeah, heard that, it was actually quite sickening how far up his ringpiece Dung was. 'Alistair' this and that, then shouting after him at the end 'Coisty' like he's his big **** mate. The fawning of Dung towards Fat Lad McCost was puerile and immature to a horrific degree. It made me want to puke how hand in hand these media halfwits are with this lot. I've read/heard nothing since about the game as i know it'll be 99.9 biased towards the manky rankers ****.

Have to say though, full points to Dougall, that was a sterling perfomance in one sidedness from a cheating barsteward. Even by SPL refs standards that was a beauty. How can these shop fronts sleep at night is beyond me.

FT Media/SFA/Bent 'refs'. Scottish football is totally sick.

I heard Chick Young's "interviewing" McCoist in the car. I nearly spewed and said alot of swear words before switching over.

monkfish1979
I heard Chick Young's "interviewing" McCoist in the car. I nearly spewed and said alot of swear words before switching over.

The only thing that rancid little midget could do that wouldn't make me boak would be to lose any outlet he has for his miserable, moronic weekly diatribes and his retarded interviews.

BBC scotland is over-run with people that can't see past the uglies. I pay my license fee. I don't want to hear about Rantic. Unless they're playing us. We don't have that option. Rip off.

MackaysCentreSpot

Did you complain to the BBC ?

If not, why not ?

Craig Paterson was IMO was a disgrace.

He was talking about Miko being a diver as he came on and unfortunately as i did not have the benefit of the pictures took his comments at face value i.e deliberate dive, stick on penalty etc etc. His general comments made him look like a biased hun AND he was using weedie words like wur and fulla (our and fellow for those that dont speak weegie).

Now CP is born and bred in Penicuik and actually a very nice guy but seems to turn into a bias sod of the worst kind when commentating on Rancers. He is actually a hobo by upbringing and as a player. Funny though when I watched the results on TV Billy Dodds seemed to have the opposite opinion on these incidents.

I just think guys like him and Richard Gordon have lost a lot of credability lately with there comments and in RG case sniggering when anything Hearts is mentioned. As an ex hubz and Rancers players dont expect CP lo love Hearts but do expect fair and unbiased commentry as a reporter.

Craig Paterson was guilty of being led by the other dribbling sp*nkbubble of a nonentity that was "commentating". He never contardicted his pro rangers mince once - it's an easier life just to agree and pocket the fee.

If not, why not ?

I have in the past but found that complaining about anything to BBC Scotland is a complete waste of time and effort as all you get is a very parochial reply. I have no doubt that given the substance of the complaint involves their inbred Glasgow bias, any complaint would receive the usual short shrift from them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can I also point out that Paul Mitchell's highlights commentary (which I've not heard due to the broadcasting restrictions but has been condemned on another thread) must have been dubbed on after the game on Saturday as opposed to being an instant reaction as he was covering the h**s game on the radio. Therefore, he had the benefit of watching the footage before commentating on it, making his comments even more ridiculous.

Jam Tarts 1874

If not, why not ?

I complain to the BBC all the time on a number of subjects, I've yet to get a proper reply to any of the points raised. You have to remember what BBC Scotland is. I don't think it is any coincidence that BBC Scotland's new headquarters are not much more than a couple of Davie Weir hoofs away from Ibrox.

Archived