Shopping!

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

I don't do shopping, I really don't, anytime I've got to take Nik I'll take a crossword and stay in the car or just drop her off and come home.

But today was different, she wanted to go to East Kilbride and its no good trying to use public transport to get there and back (I actually offered to take her).

Off we go and she reminds me that I still needed holiday clothes for going to Turkey (It seems jeans and sweatshirts are no good for the climate-she told me that about Majorca last year but thats another story). I could get what I needed in the 1st shop we went into, but oh no best have a look round the rest because we needed holiday clothes for her and school clothes for Kay!

Jeez, 5 hours later we eventually got out of the place! Kay and me had retired to a cafe at 1 point and that cost me ?8 odds for very little, and guess where we bought my clothes from? Yep, the 1st damn shop we were in!

The point of all this is I HATE shopping, never going to do it again, EVER!

1 plus point is I was awarded a bottle of Blossom Hill Chardonnay for my efforts!

;)

I don't do shopping, I really don't, anytime I've got to take Nik I'll take a crossword and stay in the car or just drop her off and come home.

But today was different, she wanted to go to East Kilbride and its no good trying to use public transport to get there and back (I actually offered to take her).

Off we go and she reminds me that I still needed holiday clothes for going to Turkey (It seems jeans and sweatshirts are no good for the climate-she told me that about Majorca last year but thats another story). I could get what I needed in the 1st shop we went into, but oh no best have a look round the rest because we needed holiday clothes for her and school clothes for Kay!

Jeez, 5 hours later we eventually got out of the place! Kay and me had retired to a cafe at 1 point and that cost me ?8 odds for very little, and guess where we bought my clothes from? Yep, the 1st damn shop we were in!

The point of all this is I HATE shopping, never going to do it again, EVER!

1 plus point is I was awarded a bottle of Blossom Hill Chardonnay for my efforts!

;)

And i would hope a BJ later tonight...............................at least!!:)

Doctor FinnBarr
And i would hope a BJ later tonight...............................at least!!:)

We're married for chrissake, and the fact she's got the dentist during the week for sensitive teeth!

;)

We're married for chrissake, and the fact she's got the dentist during the week for sensitive teeth!

;)

get her to take them out!

I'm a bloke and I like shopping for clothes. I like getting paid then wandering around the shops with the headphones in spending money. Theres no way id let someone else buy my clothes for me. Whats the thinking behind that?

It does strike me as a little odd that men off a certain age are happy to let their wife be almost a surrogate mother.

This isnt a dig at the OP I just wonder the thinking behind the whole 'men hate shopping' thing which I believe is a load of cobblers for most men under 35. Is it because older men are dragged round every shop by their other halves for hours on end, as the OP was, and so foster the mentality that its ALL pesh?

Doctor FinnBarr
I'm a bloke and I like shopping for clothes. I like getting paid then wandering around the shops with the headphones in spending money. Theres no way id let someone else buy my clothes for me. Whats the thinking behind that?

It does strike me as a little odd that men off a certain age are happy to let their wife be almost a surrogate mother.

This isnt a dig at the OP I just wonder the thinking behind the whole 'men hate shopping' thing which I believe is a load of cobblers for most men under 35. Is it because older men are dragged round every shop by their other halves for hours on end, as the OP was, and so foster the mentality that its ALL pesh?

If you read the OP you'd know I could have been in and out with my gear in about 10 minutes, not 5 hours!

I'm a jeans and T-Sirt man so she can pick that sort of guff for me without me needing to be there!

:)

Sorry, but I just find that gay. Shopping is the worst thing ever with two exceptions -

1. When purchasing Electrical equipment (tv, hi fi, surround sound etc)

2. Buying a new car

Everything else is fecking torture.

Seats, having seen the amount of threads in the shed discussing buying trainers, jeans and the like Id say that you were in the minority. Id imagine that you tend to wear the same gear all the time and only replace stuff if its tatty. Thats fair enough but to say its gay to go shopping for decent clothes is a load of single fish.

Shopping for electrical goods is the best kind of shopping although once you have decent stuff you only tend t do it every couple years. Cant comment on shopping for cars as I dont have one. Would imagine unless your shopping for a nice expensive one it would be gash tho.

BikerJambo, fair enough. If she knows what you like then send her on her own. Plus you did miss some half decent footy today which cant really be excused!

Nothing wrong with having decent clothes or new gear (although admittedly not one of my strong points). However, to enjoy the process of going to get it is just wrong imo. However, each to their own!

Women should never take their husbands/boyfriends/kids shopping, just makes the shops 2-3 times more busy than they need to be. 99% of these men don't want to be there, they get in the way and slow down the people who just want to nip get what they want and get the **** out again.

Doctor FinnBarr
Seats, having seen the amount of threads in the shed discussing buying trainers, jeans and the like Id say that you were in the minority. Id imagine that you tend to wear the same gear all the time and only replace stuff if its tatty. Thats fair enough but to say its gay to go shopping for decent clothes is a load of single fish.

Shopping for electrical goods is the best kind of shopping although once you have decent stuff you only tend t do it every couple years. Cant comment on shopping for cars as I dont have one. Would imagine unless your shopping for a nice expensive one it would be gash tho.

BikerJambo, fair enough. If she knows what you like then send her on her own. Plus you did miss some half decent footy today which cant really be excused!

What, the Mhanks?

:eek:

I think there is a subtle difference between shopping and spending.

Women can go shopping for 4 hours and come home empty handed.

Men go spending for 4 hours and come home with shedloads.

Doctor FinnBarr
I think there is a subtle difference between shopping and spending.

Women can go shopping for 4 hours and come home empty handed.

Men go spending for 4 hours and come home with shedloads.

The wine is finished, the vodka is now being took!

:slither:

The Old Tolbooth

;)

Christ you must have given them a good rattling if she needs to see a dentist!

Doctor FinnBarr
Christ you must have given them a good rattling if she needs to see a dentist!

Niks giggling at that one!

;)

Doctor FinnBarr
Heh heh, if she's giggling then she's guilty ;)

She's still giggling' She says its the last time shes giving a vibrator a BJ

:slither:

blondejamtart

Not all women love shopping - I hate it with a passion and do as much as possible online.

Oh, and if you're going to Turkey, I wouldn't buy all that much before you go - just get stuff there, it's much cheaper - 4 or 5 T-shirts for ?10, for example!

Women should never take their husbands/boyfriends/kids shopping, just makes the shops 2-3 times more busy than they need to be. 99% of these men don't want to be there, they get in the way and slow down the people who just want to nip get what they want and get the **** out again.

I always laugh when I go up town for a wander at the weekends when Hearts aren't playing. You just see a row of boyfriends outside the shops looking depressed, gagging on a pint.

I then think to myself "thank **** I'm single".

Honest.

:sad:

Captain Lithuania
Sorry, but I just find that gay. Shopping is the worst thing ever with two exceptions -

1. When purchasing Electrical equipment (tv, hi fi, surround sound etc)

2. Buying a new car

Everything else is fecking torture.

Dont forget video games!

chester copperpot
I always laugh when I go up town for a wander at the weekends when Hearts aren't playing. You just see a row of boyfriends outside the shops looking depressed, gagging on a pint.

I then think to myself "thank **** I'm single".

Honest.

:sad:

Haha, that made me giggle so it did.

There's 2 things a guy should go on his own shopping for.

1. Clothes. I never ever let my missus pick my stuff, she'd end up with me wearing a pink hoody or the like. Worse still, it'd probably be ordered from Littlewoods or summat.

2. Electrical items. Wants an iPod touch, said this to the wife, she started speaking about how good the iPod shuffle is, need I say more.

Everything else (car was mentioned earlier but thats not shopping imo) should be left for the missus to do, including the kids clothes shopping. Although my son prefers when I take him, as it takes less time, and he gets cooler stuff.;)

Archived