time to dump miko?please!!!!

braveheart

Guest JamboRobbo
Agree on both points - but of course if he follows the advice in the first he will be accused of not trying and shirking tackles. The tackle for which he got the second of two harsh bookings was similar to a couple which got roars of approval for his "commitment" last week.

Agree - but he wasn't on a booking when he put in his "commited" tackle last week. Commitment is good. Stupidity is not.

On the second point I am all for letting Csaba decide on Miko. Nothing yet to suggest he won't be allowed to.

Not on Miko, no. I've a couple of minor concerns about other matters, but thats for another thread.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Agree - but he wasn't on a booking when he put in his "commited" tackle last week. Commitment is good. Stupidity is not.

Not on Miko, no. I've a couple of minor concerns about other matters, but thats for another thread.

Do you realise you're beginning to sound like Mary Whitehouse?

Era Macaroons
As did O'Conner but where was the media outcry?

It didnt go unnoticed tho did it....O'Conner made a fool of himself as well.

Is it just me or does naebody think it was funny when he dived against Scotland. I was laughin ma ass of when he done it.

Well done, then we wiould only have 1 point from 2 games.

:hobofish:

For a start learn to spell! Second my opinion so shhh :hobofish:

Right for a start - the ref yesterday was a total joke ! Even for thier first goal it was never a free kick to the **** !

As for Miko, then i've never seen a ref cloak a player quicker in my life. If you watch the game on the telly you can seen dougual giving miko evils as he has ran onto the pitch and motioned that he is watching him ! WTF !

The first is never a yellow card, never in a million years, the player had a hold of his shirt and miko went down ! For the second, he diving in along the ground and won the ball first then as he has followed thru then the foot has gone up ! Again tinted glasses here but i don't even see a foul there ! AGain we were clearly cheat by the **** from the west !

As for general hearts fans feelings, then the response that miko got from inside the pub (and i'm told from the game) tells its own story of how fans rate him. On his day he can win as a game by himself ! i think that is good enough for me

sandyseymour
Sorry but I felt the first was justly deserved. Stupid Dive by Miko, considering he's appealed in the past to stop being a marked man by refs in terms of diving I don't think it's right for him to continue to do it and try and get away with it.

His second challenge could have easily just been a word in the ear by Dougal, no need to produce the second yellow so early on.

Lithunian "simulates"=ref waves yellow card......honest Jock "simulates"=ref waves hand to get up......conclusion Scottish Refs are corrupt perhaps even racist ....clear as day to a blind man :mad:

Right for a start - the ref yesterday was a total joke ! Even for thier first goal it was never a free kick to the **** !

As for Miko, then i've never seen a ref cloak a player quicker in my life. If you watch the game on the telly you can seen dougual giving miko evils as he has ran onto the pitch and motioned that he is watching him ! WTF !

The first is never a yellow card, never in a million years, the player had a hold of his shirt and miko went down ! For the second, he diving in along the ground and won the ball first then as he has followed thru then the foot has gone up ! Again tinted glasses here but i don't even see a foul there ! AGain we were clearly cheat by the **** from the west !

As for general hearts fans feelings, then the response that miko got from inside the pub (and i'm told from the game) tells its own story of how fans rate him. On his day he can win as a game by himself ! i think that is good enough for me

Never laughed at a post as much in my life!!! Your Romanov aren't you? go on admit it.Im away to the boozer to ask what everyone thinks of Miko.hahahaha

Captain America

What got me annoyed yesterday was how fast some fans were to condemn Miko without having seen the incidents (those who saw it and felt it was deserved are right to hold that opinion)

I felt the 1st booking was very harsh and IMO no other player in Scottish football would have been booked for it.

Miko is a good player for Hearts and last week showed the good side of him, great tackling and great goal and never shirks unlike Kingston(who imo should be dropped next week)

Thunderstruck

Let's see what the next couple of hours produces.

Prediction: Nakamura will NOT be booked for diving. Nor will McGeady or van Vinegar.

Tackles that will be every bit as bad as Miko on Miller will go unpunished.

regardless of the rights or wrongs of todays game i,m convinced we as a club won,t move forward until be bin this loon.romanovs lovechild has been a waste of space since the andy davies incident give or take some golden nuggets of brilliance.laszlo talks about working together and being one but as soon as miko appears he splits the fans into those who hate him and the apologists for him.show us who's running the show shaba and bin the little scroat.it feels better now i,ve got that of ma chest:)

Nah, think Miko was the victim of an @rsehole referee yesterday, the first one was NEVER a booking. More ridiculous inconsistencies, is driving me f****g mental. Second aye, he was a bit silly but the ref was giving us nothing yesterday.

From the commentary on the radio, I assumed Miko had been diving for the first booking and reckless for the second. Having now seen the highlights it's clear that he was impeded in the first incident and, although theatrical, it was still a free kick to us. A simple word to Miko from Dougal that he should try to stay on his feet would have sufficed. The second incident wasn't even a foul. Miiko won the ball first. Every other time a player does this the commentators are quick to defend the tackler. Miko is definitely being singled out. Having said that it is a moot point that it may not be worth keeping a player who is going to attract this sort of attention from refs.

Frustrating game yesterday and the referee should be ashamed of himself, without a doubt. But while it IS unfair and Miko is clearly a marked man...the answer isn't to throw tantrums and curse the ref/SFA or even to leave Miko out of the team. He just needs to learn to 'play smart'.

Long term, I'd like to think that something can eventually be done to rein in the referees and their behaviour but in the short term, the only thing we need to be concerned with is protecting Hearts, its players and the scoreline from our games. That will involve players such a Miko, developing a resilient attitude and engaging their brains, as well as their feet.

Csaba looked like a thoughtful man yesterday and I'm sure that while he will already have been warned about what could be expected, it was probably quite an eye opener to see it all unfold as blatantly as that. His comments in the papers today didn't surprise me at all, he's not the sort to dignify that sort of thing with an outburst. I wait with interest to see what he does with Miko.

Teuchterjambo
I said on a previous thread that despite Miko's occassional glimpses of decent play, we can't afford to have a marked man in the team. I am sure we could live without him, and give the boy a fresh start - away from Scottish football.

Sensible post.

It might just be best for all concerned if the guy gets a fresh start somewhere.

He might just get the opportunity to show what he's got and make the name for himself for the right reasons - he has got talent.

I really cannot see the situation improving for him or Hearts if he remains. It is not in the clubs interest to carry a player with all the baggage.

To those of you who keep on demanding that he gets another chance - please try and remember that he has been here for about 4 years. He has had all the time in the world to sort things out but seems incapable of doing it, meanwhile evrybody suffers including himself.

I really wish that the same amount of sympathy and same number of chances were afforded to Jamie Mole/Robbie Neilson/Lee Wallace etc who regularly get slaughtered on here.

i'm not sure i can agree with this point.

we were never in danger of scoring, and rangers were always gonna get an "easier" ride in this game given the smellies got a dodgy penalty last week, cos these things even themselves out remember

the fact is that miko shouldn't have got his first yellow BUT he gave dougall the opportunity to book him. the 2nd tackle was stupid, given he was already on a yellow, but our "fair" ref was clearly desperate to book him initially, and was given no choice but to send him off cos the 2nd yellow was definitely a card

miko is a marked man, regardless so i think its probably time to let him go!

I think that you totally missed the point. I fMiko never scored last week we would only have 1 point instead of 3

i'm not sure i can agree with this point.

we were never in danger of scoring, and rangers were always gonna get an "easier" ride in this game given the smellies got a dodgy penalty last week, cos these things even themselves out remember

the fact is that miko shouldn't have got his first yellow BUT he gave dougall the opportunity to book him. the 2nd tackle was stupid, given he was already on a yellow, but our "fair" ref was clearly desperate to book him initially, and was given no choice but to send him off cos the 2nd yellow was definitely a card

miko is a marked man, regardless so i think its probably time to let him go!

I think that you totally missed the point. If Miko never scored last week we would only have 1 point instead of 3

From the commentary on the radio, I assumed Miko had been diving for the first booking and reckless for the second. Having now seen the highlights it's clear that he was impeded in the first incident and, although theatrical, it was still a free kick to us. A simple word to Miko from Dougal that he should try to stay on his feet would have sufficed. The second incident wasn't even a foul. Miiko won the ball first. Every other time a player does this the commentators are quick to defend the tackler. Miko is definitely being singled out. Having said that it is a moot point that it may not be worth keeping a player who is going to attract this sort of attention from refs.

It was harsh booking for sure as Papac's arm did come out and cause an obstruction however as Mark Mcghee has just pointed out on the Setanta highlights if Miko had stayed on his feet he would probably have got a foul. He didn't help himself by going down to the ground so easily.

As for the 2nd booking it was a clear yellow card as Miko went through Miller and made no contact with the ball whatsoever. You can see clearly on the highlights that Miller nicks the ball away just before the tackle.

An easy thing to do I know but I totally blame the referee for Miko being sent off. It was clearly a foul ON Miko, that should have been given and if he had a problem with him going down to easily, in no way was it a dive IMO, then he should have been man enough to have a word instead of being predictably inconsistent. Kris Boyd dives MORE than Miko does now, I very very much doubt he'd have seen a yellow for that.

I have to agree - Miko is never going to get a fair crack of the whip from either the media here or our referees. There is little doubt that referees from the west of Scotland have it in for him big style and the media see him as being a legitimate hate figure for them. It's a pity the boy has skill and in other circumstances he may well have developed into a fair player. It's maybe time he plied his trade elsewhere.

Is it just me or does naebody think it was funny when he dived against Scotland. I was laughin ma ass of when he done it.

No.

I'm kind of torn really, I quite like Miko and think that with Csaba he could get him into shape. I also don't think that he should be left out because the refs target him, we should be able to play whatever player we want - it's the refs who need to to be pulled up.

Equally Mikos first booking was stupid, the rangers player put his arm across him but he really made a meal of it and Miko must know he simply cannot do that now. The second booking was a straightforward booking - it was a bad challenge. Also we can't forget that Miko does have a repuation for diving which he earned by diving quite a lot in the past and I don't mean the scotland game. He needs to be disciplined and simply not go down easily - I can't understand why he doesn't see that.

Drylaw Hearts

Utter piish.

It's bullcrap like this that dilutes the actual issues of wrong refereeing decisions.

He's not only a cheat, he's also not very bright, diving against the nation where he plays his football, lunging in so soon after receiving his yellow. On top of that he's not fit to adorn that famous maroon. His badge kissing last week irked me. I would celebrate a Hearts goal even if Myra Hindley scored it.

His continued presence reminds us about all that is wrong with the much maligned running of our club.

Thunderstruck
He's not only a cheat, he's also not very bright, diving against the nation where he plays his football, lunging in so soon after receiving his yellow. On top of that he's not fit to adorn that famous maroon. His badge kissing last week irked me. I would celebrate a Hearts goal even if Myra Hindley scored it.

His continued presence reminds us about all that is wrong with the much maligned running of our club.

So, what you are saying is it's all Miko's fault all we need to do to restore sweetness and light is send him packing. An interesting perspective, did it come to you communing with the fairies at the bottom of you garden.

Miko is only the current focus, the current symptom, the real problem lies much deeper and it is the cancer that is the OF and the lengths that those allied to them will go to ensure their ongoing dominance.

Like it or not, the arrival of Vlad has served to bring the problem into sharper focus.

The Mighty Thor

having watched the highlights i'll say this.

Miko was fouled for his first yellow, but he went down quicker than a Salamander St tart. It's a facet of his game which is unacceptable. he's not being targeted unfairly, he's actually, stupidly so, repeatedly falling over under minimal contact leaving the refereeing fraternity the opportunity to book him. It's really this simple = stop diving and the bookings will stop. Even the thickest of footballers could grasp that surely?

The second was absolute madness. he dived into a situation where he was never getting the ball. The only option was a red.

The problem with Mikoliunas is the same one it's always been. There is a degree of talent in there somewhere but it's buried beneath a shoddy attitude and an arrogance beyond his ability.

I can recall 3 or 4 games off the top of my head where he's been red carded and in each instance it's been so obvious it was going to happen. One was at Ibrox a few seasons ago.

Can this be coached out of him? I doubt it. He's 'under the spotlight' now and i genuinely think that he can't stop himself from falling over at every given opportunity.

Maybe a return to Kaunas (or a league of similar standard) would benefit him, one thing's for sure he's never going to develop any further at Hearts.

So, what you are saying is it's all Miko's fault all we need to do to restore sweetness and light is send him packing. An interesting perspective, did it come to you communing with the fairies at the bottom of you garden.

I didn't say that at all.

Miko is only the current focus, the current symptom, the real problem lies much deeper and it is the cancer that is the OF and the lengths that those allied to them will go to ensure their ongoing dominance.

Like it or not, the arrival of Vlad has served to bring the problem into sharper focus.

This thread is about Miko, how come you have managed to shoe horn the boring, tiresome and paranoid OF dominance issue into play. Do you blame the Old Firm for his sending off yesterday? The problems we have are close to home. Once they are resolved we can stop throwing stones and brandisihing lunatic mafia type stories in support of why we are not axcheiving anything.

So, what you are saying is it's all Miko's fault all we need to do to restore sweetness and light is send him packing. QUOTE]

It may not be all Mikos fault but you can't ignore that some of it is his fault. Look he didn't get his reputation for nothing, he was a diver and yesterday he did go down easily and committed a bad challenge to get sent off. I'm not denying that other players get away with less but that isn't the point, the point is that Miko still goes down easily and commits too many bad tackles, thus giving officials the reason to send him off.

Don't be faft. We are not so blessed with good players that we can afford to get rid of one of our 2 midfielders who can score...

I'm kind of torn really, I quite like Miko and think that with Csaba he could get him into shape. I also don't think that he should be left out because the refs target him, we should be able to play whatever player we want - it's the refs who need to to be pulled up.

Equally Mikos first booking was stupid, the rangers player put his arm across him but he really made a meal of it and Miko must know he simply cannot do that now. The second booking was a straightforward booking - it was a bad challenge. Also we can't forget that Miko does have a repuation for diving which he earned by diving quite a lot in the past and I don't mean the scotland game. He needs to be disciplined and simply not go down easily - I can't understand why he doesn't see that.

Sorry mate but the fact that he is now a marked man means that, regardless of how unfair it might be, there is an argument for letting him go and build a career where the refs are unaware of his previous.

Of course Csaba has the right to play him but if it always ends in grief when we play the ugly sisters why do it ? :sad:

Thunderstruck
This thread is about Miko, how come you have managed to shoe horn the boring, tiresome and paranoid OF dominance issue into play. Do you blame the Old Firm for his sending off yesterday? The problems we have are close to home. Once they are resolved we can stop throwing stones and brandisihing lunatic mafia type stories in support of why we are not axcheiving anything.

Ask yourself if would have received a similar deal yesterday if we were playing a "lesser light" in SPL.

The point of the thread is that Miko, mainly because of his history, is a liablility and it is time he went so that we can return to the pre-Vlad Corinthian Nirvanah where we got a fair deal every time we took to the pitch.

There is a suggestion in the posts above that we need to send Miko packing and all will be well.

What a complete and utter load of defeatist drivel.

I suggest (again) that doing so gives in to the xenophobes, the bigots, those with an anti-Vlad agenda and, by no means least, the self-styled football experts in the media.

Miko is not without his faults but there is no denying he has, more often than not, been harshly dealt by comparison with other players in SPL.

Csaba has had a marked effect on Mickey Stewart and others and I am sure he will effect a similar change in Miko's approach to being tackled and tackling.

Ask yourself if would have received a similar deal yesterday if we were playing a "lesser light" in SPL.

The point of the thread is that Miko, mainly because of his history, is a liablility and it is time he went so that we can return to the pre-Vlad Corinthian Nirvanah where we got a fair deal every time we took to the pitch.

There is a suggestion in the posts above that we need to send Miko packing and all will be well.

What a complete and utter load of defeatist drivel.

I suggest (again) that doing so gives in to the xenophobes, the bigots, those with an anti-Vlad agenda and, by no means least, the self-styled football experts in the media.

Miko is not without his faults but there is no denying he has, more often than not, been harshly dealt by comparison with other players in SPL.

Csaba has had a marked effect on Mickey Stewart and others and I am sure he will effect a similar change in Miko's approach to being tackled and tackling.

You didn't answer the question. He got himself sent off yesterday. I don't give a flying F if he was earlier booked for giving the ref a dirty look, he still stupidly dived in for a ball he was unlikely to get shortly after receiving a yellow for simulation, something he has a reputation for which denied us a penalty at Aberdeen last season. I think he should be sent packing because he is not good enough to play for us and is a liability.

Broxburn Jambo

What does anybody think will happen next? OK so we dump Miko this week, and next week Kingston or another Hearts player starts to get booked for any reason that the refs can come up with, Do we dump that player and just keep going.

If we dump Miko the SFA and the media puppets who have been hounding him for months will have got exactly what they wanted.:mad:

Thunderstruck
You didn't answer the question. He got himself sent off yesterday. I don't give a flying F if he was earlier booked for giving the ref a dirty look, he still stupidly dived in for a ball he was unlikely to get shortly after receiving a yellow for simulation, something he has a reputation for which denied us a penalty at Aberdeen last season. I think he should be sent packing because he is not good enough to play for us and is a liability.

I think you will find that your question was...

Do you blame the Old Firm for his sending off yesterday?

Now, re-read my post with particular reference to the first line. Yes, it is answering a question with another question but if that is too taxing, I will make a mental note to be more direct in future.

Perhaps you could answer the question - do you think he would have been sent off elsewhere in Scotland yesterday?

Jam Tarts 1874
What does anybody think will happen next? OK so we dump Miko this week, and next week Kingston or another Hearts player starts to get booked for any reason that the refs can come up with, Do we dump that player and just keep going.

If we dump Miko the SFA and the media puppets who have been hounding him for months will have got exactly what they wanted.:mad:

I think you are right, Miko just happens to be the one the refs want to get just now. They probably have some kind of sweepstake going for the ref who gives Miko the most cards.

It will be someone else, possibly Stewart who could easily have got himself into more trouble yesterday for aruguing (quite rightly) with the cheat in black.

I think you will find that your question was...

Now, re-read my post with particular reference to the first line. Yes, it is answering a question with another question but if that is too taxing, I will make a mental note to be more direct in future.

Perhaps you could answer the question - do you think he would have been sent off elsewhere in Scotland yesterday?

Your first line while being grammatically unsound is neither an answer or a question. Which makes your condescending tone all the funnier.

I would expect him to be sent off in any ground in the country for his behaviour yesterday. Do you not blame him for his early departure yesterday?

Thunderstruck
Your first line while being grammatically unsound is neither an answer or a question.

I'm obliged for your advice and I assume your condescension in reply is meant to be ironic.

I would expect him to be sent off in any ground in the country for his behaviour yesterday. Do you not blame him for his early departure yesterday?

No, I do not blame him for getting sent off. Why? Well, here's why...

Unlike you, I do give a "Flying ****" that he was booked within a minute or two of coming on, for his first involvement in the game. This, in my view, clearly demonstrates that:

a) there is an agenda being followed by our impartial officials or,

B) Dougal is an utter incompetent.

Don't introduce the old chestnut about Miko's "history", Nakamura is well known for his vertical instability anywhere near an opposition penalty box and he isn't the recipient of "special treatment".

The second tackle, while ill-advised, was a complete non-event, no worse than a number of others that had passed without comment or censure prior to his tackle. Indeed, a tackle of a more severe nature was similarly ignored moments after his dismissal; watch the highlights, Miller's acrobatics made that tackle look very much worse than it was.

As a comparison, I would draw your attention to Tannadice where McGeady, already on a yellow, tackled a Utd. player from behind in what would normally and by the letter of the law have resulted in a yellow.

In summary, there is, at worst, an element of contributory negligence on the part of Miko but the largest portion of the blame has to be attributed to incompetent or corrupt refereeing.

I'm obliged for your advice and I assume your condescension in reply is meant to be ironic.

No, I do not blame him for getting sent off. Why? Well, here's why...

Unlike you, I do give a "Flying ****" that he was booked within a minute or two of coming on, for his first involvement in the game. This, in my view, clearly demonstrates that:

a) there is an agenda being followed by our impartial officials or,

B) Dougal is an utter incompetent.

Don't introduce the old chestnut about Miko's "history", Nakamura is well known for his vertical instability anywhere near an opposition penalty box and he isn't the recipient of "special treatment".

The second tackle, while ill-advised, was a complete non-event, no worse than a number of others that had passed without comment or censure prior to his tackle. Indeed, a tackle of a more severe nature was similarly ignored moments after his dismissal; watch the highlights, Miller's acrobatics made that tackle look very much worse than it was.

As a comparison, I would draw your attention to Tannadice where McGeady, already on a yellow, tackled a Utd. player from behind in what would normally and by the letter of the law have resulted in a yellow.

In summary, there is, at worst, an element of contributory negligence on the part of Miko but the largest portion of the blame has to be attributed to incompetent or corrupt refereeing.

With respect, I vehemently disagree. Simulation is a bookable offence and so is lunging in taking the man instead of the ball, especially doing so hard on the heels of a yellow. The undercurrent to your reply reek of Vlad's half baked Scottish Mafia allegations.

Let's see if Hearts appeal the sending off, like the Liths did when he received a two game ban for cheating at Hampden which was kicked out by UEFA(are they involved in the Mafia/corruption too?)

However, lets agree to not agree.

Archived