Reasons to be cheerful

AyrJambo

We weren't swamped by Rangers today.

Csaba has us playing football, early days but improvements will come, Berra has to un-learn his Pressleyesque hoof it up the park though!

Jamie Mac looked comfortable in goal.

Karipidis looked assured..... again.

Stewart kept the heid.

Nade caused problems for them as soon as he came on.

We've got Obua, Tullberg and the return of Bruno still to come.

The dancing ****** in the Hearts end with the Hand of Ulster flag got booed by most of the Hearts support.

We didn't get swamped.

I'm looking forwards to next week's game.

Now I didn't say that much last season.

I think the overall verdict is that we were better than we normally are at Ibrox but we didnt quite have the belief that it takes to go there and win plus we were a bit lacking in quality in key areas.

Maybe the game came a bit soon for us, who knows.

We should put this to bed right now and look forward to the next little run we have, because we're good enough to be picking up plenty points in the next 4 or 5 games.

We weren't swamped by Rangers today.

Csaba has us playing football, early days but improvements will come, Berra has to un-learn his Pressleyesque hoof it up the park though!

Jamie Mac looked comfortable in goal.

Karipidis looked assured..... again.

Stewart kept the heid.

Nade caused problems for them as soon as he came on.

We've got Obua, Tullberg and the return of Bruno still to come.

The dancing ****** in the Hearts end with the Hand of Ulster flag got booed by most of the Hearts support.

I agree 100 percent mate and not just cause i like you :) we are moving forward wish vlad would sign a couple of players to speed things along though

chester copperpot
I agree 100 percent mate and not just cause i like you :) we are moving forward wish vlad would sign a couple of players to speed things along though

You forgot to add you met me today. :)

You forgot to add you met me today. :)

i met Andy today when i would speculate both he and i were a tad soberer

i met Andy today when i would speculate both he and i were a tad soberer

You seemed OK when I met you and Boab on the way out ;)

The maroon shoots of recovery are there. We badly need a threat up front though. Unless we fix this soon, the season's over.

portobellojambo1
I think the overall verdict is that we were better than we normally are at Ibrox but we didnt quite have the belief that it takes to go there and win plus we were a bit lacking in quality in key areas.

Maybe the game came a bit soon for us, who knows.

We should put this to bed right now and look forward to the next little run we have, because we're good enough to be picking up plenty points in the next 4 or 5 games.

It is, or was, difficult to tell if it was the belief that was missing OaG, up until Rangers scored we looked very, very comfortable, and were moving the ball about well, more than holding our own. But the lack of quality in areas where we could hurt them was very apparent again. we had nobody wide to provide ammunition, and we desperately, desperately need a lethal penalty box striker (we totalled 3 shots on goal, all coming within the space of around 10-15 minutes, two from midfielders (OK one from a midfielder (Stewart) and one from Ksanavicius), the other from a central defender (Zaliukas)).

My main worry is many are putting their faith in Tullberg (Laszlo himself has said he is not a regular goalscorer, he is more a target man than a striker, we already have forwards I would loosely class as target men, in Nade & Mole, we need a regular feckin goalscorer to complete things), and he may simply not be the answer to what we are finding difficulty in doing.

I know they do not grow on trees, nor come cheap, but we need someone like John Robertson, someone the midfield/wingers can give the ball to in or around the penalty box with total confidence that 95-99% of the time it will then hit the back of the net.

What we have to hope after yesterday is that the heads do not drop, we have a sequence of games now where points are available, on paper, these are games we need to win to maintain our position and build confidence.

We have played 2 games, prior to season KO I thought we could/would end up with 2 points from these 2 games (based on events last season), we have ended up with 3 points, so are ahead of target, the team have to use that as a form of motivation. 4 to 6 points would have been tremendous, but we had no right to think we would be sitting on such points at this stage.

The maroon shoots of recovery are there. We badly need a threat up front though. Unless we fix this soon, the season's over.

i agree it is the most glaring deficiency and that number 9 shirt is still avalable

Jambof3tornado

Away and dont talk such tripe!!! We managed 3 goals last weekend,and while I agree we need a potent striker(which we have been missing for umpteen years now),but the season wont be over if we dont sign a 40 goal a season front man.

Seasons over...........my RSE!!!

the season wont be over if we dont sign a 40 goal a season front man.

A 15-20 goal a season front man would be good enough.

Archived