Spiders

Paws (FTH)

To every single person who posted a picture of a spider:

I hope your next one is a hedgehog.

Walter Payton
I saw harvestmen in Oz, they're big, really really big. And I saw a tarantula last week at an aquarium (it's not all Nemos and Dorys), but weirdly it didn't bother me. Just a big hairy thing sitting on a lump of bark.

As you rightly say, it's the ones that scuttle out of or under the furniture in my living room that bother me.

Huntsmen Doc? :th_wink1:

huntsman.jpg

The only reason spiders are so small is because they have a poor respiratory system. If there was more oxygen in the atmosphere they could grow much larger. 2-300 million years ago there were spiders and scorpions that were over 3 foot long......

:eek:

*resolves to drive EVERYWHERE from now on* environment schmironment

Doc, did you shove that on the grill for tea, that's a monster! Must have had your Steve Irwin gear on when you were hunting that bad boy.

Huntsmen Doc? :th_wink1:

huntsman.jpg

That's the boy, huntsman, swung down from a tree and landed on the windscreen of my car just as I was about pull away. I had no idea what to do. The bugger was growling at me.

That's the boy, huntsman, swung down from a tree and landed on the windscreen of my car just as I was about pull away. I had no idea what to do. The bugger was growling at me.

The scary thing is it was definitely going for you. If you didn't have a windscreen that nasty mofo would've landed on your face :D

Picture that when you're trying to get to sleep tonight!

Archived