Spiders

Paws (FTH)

I've just had to catch and "dispatch" another one, the third this week :(. I'm not talking about piddly wee ones either, these are big things about 3 inches across that move faster than Nade when the buffet opens. No idea where they are coming from :confused:, maybe its something to do with the weather. Anyone else had a sudden influx of spiders in their house?

nanananananana-angus
I've just had to catch and "dispatch" another one, the third this week :(. I'm not talking about piddly wee ones either, these are big things about 3 inches across that move faster than Nade when the buffet opens. No idea where they are coming from :confused:, maybe its something to do with the weather. Anyone else had a sudden influx of spiders in their house?

Don't you know there is a spider wave happening right now.Spiders from Mars maybe....:eek:

I've been staying on my own in my parents' relatively sizeable house this week, and it's as if the spiders know and are ganging up on me when there's nobody around to protect me! 3 mornings in a row I left for work and there was a spider on the front door ... in the same place ... every time I squashed it for sure and the next morning there was another one in the same place, that's not right. There's a lurker on the ceiling right now, been there a couple of days. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but if he thinks about moving he's a goner.

Like this one?

spidereffectne8.gif

One just like that in my hall :eek: it`s away outside thanks to my man either that would have got the dog to eat it :)

One just like that in my hall :eek: it`s away outside thanks to my man either that would have got the dog to eat it :)

I tried to get my cat to eat a pesky wee blighter in my room the other day and she got upset and mauled my hand and I just had to move it myself anyway! :(

My Mum is a pensioner and scared stiff of spiders. If she gets them she just gets the hoover and sucks them up. I don't have to worry as my cats eat them before they are a problem.

Argh! Just went to the loo and a small but intimidating spidery fellow crawled up the towel beside me. Let's just say good job I was already sitting down... Think they're reading this thread...

I tried to get my cat to eat a pesky wee blighter in my room the other day and she got upset and mauled my hand and I just had to move it myself anyway! :(

that is why having a dog is handy when the cat is scared(got 3) the dog anit :)

My Mum is a pensioner and scared stiff of spiders. If she gets them she just gets the hoover and sucks them up. I don't have to worry as my cats eat them before they are a problem.

Can I borrow one of your cats? ;)

Doctor FinnBarr
that is why having a dog is handy when the cat is scared(got 3) the dog anit :)

Here Stawberry, you anywhere near Swan Cresent?

:)

My mate lives there!

Do you know him?

A lot of people stay there without a name i`m stuck :)

Doctor FinnBarr
A lot of people stay there without a name i`m stuck :)

Johnny Pollock, wee lass Sam, oh and bikes of course.

;)

Whats wrong with picking them up and putting them outside unharmed like I do?

Because they go and eat a bunch of smaller spiders and come back into the house 5 times as big as when you put them out, only this time they have an agenda...

Whats wrong with picking them up and putting them outside unharmed like I do?

Because the buggers might come back again :sad:

Naw, Karen, he's got a proper bullet heid, blacksmith I think.

:slither:

I know a jackie pollock daughter sam could be related her man now it comes to mind is davie they have a son 2 will ask when i c jackie, have they kids at primary school sometimes i`m no good with names but will ask about lol

Harry Palmer

Spiders are fascinating creatures and very useful, would people rather be overrun by the numerous insects that spiders catch? I personally, am not that fond of arachnids but some research has eased my concerns. Also there webs are 'Art' especially with the sun and dew, take a photo... The reason they are so large is that they've been eating all those irritating insects....

Spiders are fascinating creatures and very useful, would people rather be overrun by the numerous insects that spiders catch? I personally, am not that fond of arachnids but some research has eased my concerns. Also there webs are 'Art' especially with the sun and dew, take a photo... The reason they are so large is that they've been eating all those irritating insects....

Aye very good nothing will ease my concern, they evil pure evil

I don't mind the wee ones, usually leave them up to their own devices it these big ones that scurry across the floor like mice I'm not happy sharing my house with :(

As for webs, I've got a spider living behind my wing mirror. The day I was going on holiday I was driving with the window open and it came into the car, I thought I got it back out, but obviously not, because when I returned from my hols two weeks later the bugger had made a huge web from the steering wheel to the sunroof. I didn't notice at first so needless to say when I got into the car I got spider web in my face!

Doctor FinnBarr
I know a jackie pollock daughter sam could be related her man now it comes to mind is davie they have a son 2 will ask when i c jackie, have they kids at primary school sometimes i`m no good with names but will ask about lol

Ladsa brothers, Johnny, Jimmy, Stevie, Davy and Danny, and oh, a lesbian sister!

:eek:

Ladsa brothers, Johnny, Jimmy, Stevie, Davy and Danny, and oh, a lesbian sister!

think they all related but will double check with jackie( unless u know about davie got bad face sorry to be blunt) if aye we on same family

Doctor FinnBarr
think they all related but will double check with jackie( unless u know about davie got bad face sorry to be blunt) if aye we on same family

Yep, big strawberry birth mark!

Anyone else get a sudden guilty conscience when they go to kill a spider? I should should show no mercy but normally end up with it in a glass and out the window. :sad:

Doctor FinnBarr
Your Kay is a bonny looking wee lass hope she doing better x i`m now really going to bed

Cheers Petal, goodnight.

Anyone else get a sudden guilty conscience when they go to kill a spider? I should should show no mercy but normally end up with it in a glass and out the window. :sad:

No.

Don't believe all this bollocks about them killing loads of insects. Spiders can only live off human saliva.

Fact.

End off (sic).

Seriously,they're evil, and deserve to die. Generally in some bog roll before being pashed on.

Era Macaroons
Like this one?

spidereffectne8.gif

thanks for that..that was pure mental!

i saved a spider today from two children that found it in their wendy house...showed them how to catch and release the 'HUGE MONSTER'......i love spiders.

bigspider1-1.jpg

bigspider1.jpg

This is one I hunted and trapped recently, it's in the bottom of a jug thing about the same size a pint glass, just to give you some idea of the size of the bugger.

Era Macaroons
bigspider1-1.jpg

bigspider1.jpg

This is one I hunted and trapped recently, it's in the bottom of a jug thing about the same size a pint glass, just to give you some idea of the size of the bugger.

u must be an Expert trapper Doc to harness the wild spider of living room

Truthfully, my wife caught it, she's the expert. I have a tendancy to get short of breath and panicky when I see one.

That's not the biggest one she's caught either.

Era Macaroons

u need to travel more Doc ....then you will come across serious mofo spiders that wont even fit in the glass!

British ones are nothing to b wary of

tho I admit i do still get spooked when one makes a bolt from under the settee!

u need to travel more Doc ....then you will come across serious mofo spiders that wont even fit in the glass!

British ones are nothing to b wary of

tho I admit i do still get spooked when one makes a bolt from under the settee!

I saw harvestmen in Oz, they're big, really really big. And I saw a tarantula last week at an aquarium (it's not all Nemos and Dorys), but weirdly it didn't bother me. Just a big hairy thing sitting on a lump of bark.

As you rightly say, it's the ones that scuttle out of or under the furniture in my living room that bother me.

Era Macaroons
Did you know that all spiders are poisonous?

It's that most can't get their fangs through human skin.

Yup very true

and they sneak in your ears when your sleeping:eek:

and u eat about 5 a year without knowing it , Im off to bed ....for a feed :slither:

coppercrutch

The only reason spiders are so small is because they have a poor respiratory system. If there was more oxygen in the atmosphere they could grow much larger. 2-300 million years ago there were spiders and scorpions that were over 3 foot long......

The only reason spiders are so small is because they have a poor respiratory system. If there was more oxygen in the atmosphere they could grow much larger. 2-300 million years ago there were spiders and scorpions that were over 3 foot long......

:eek::eek::eek: Thank goodness for greenhouse gasses then ;)

Archived