Club Madchester Saturday 23rd August

Louise

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Still the best club night in Edinburgh, hope to see lots of you there :) Open extra late this time, thanks festival!

More info here...

4431619814a8237913328ml.jpg

Never been to one of those nights always fancied it

Really like that type of music

What is the clientele like ?

What is the atmosphere like ?

Is there any neds causing bother , swaggering about like Liam Gallacher ?

What age group ? Is it a teeny or more for the mature rocker ?

How much is a ticket ? Can you pay on the door ?

Never been to one of those nights always fancied it

Really like that type of music

What is the clientele like ?

What is the atmosphere like ?

Is there any neds causing bother , swaggering about like Liam Gallacher ?

What age group ? Is it a teeny or more for the mature rocker ?

How much is a ticket ? Can you pay on the door ?

I've only been 3 times before but have really enjoyed myself, haven't seen too many of the Gallagher-like t*ssers and there's always a good atmosphere probably due to the fact it's only on every 2 months, so everyone gets pretty hyped up about it. The indie rock revival crowd will be in attendance but I would say maybe a slightly more mature crowd than Liquid Rooms on, say, a Wednesday.

?5 on the door my friend.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Madchester has went rapidly downhill in the last couple of times I've been. It is now on too often, and with Liquid Room also having Evol on most Fridays it takes the spark away for me.

Still one of the better nights in Edinburgh though.

Madchester used to be amazing. Not been too good the last few times though. I'll probably still go but you're much better with Evol on a Friday night.

Madchester will always be an essential part of boxing day celebrations though.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Madchester used to be amazing. Not been too good the last few times though. I'll probably still go but you're much better with Evol on a Friday night.

Madchester will always be an essential part of boxing day celebrations though.

Agreed. I may go next week. I am on a stag do next week (the same guy I was in with Latvia with) so may end up there. Infact, I'd bet on it.

Agreed. I may go next week. I am on a stag do next week (the same guy I was in with Latvia with) so may end up there. Infact, I'd bet on it.

I need someone to go with. Woodsy is going to see a show in the fest with Lyndsay and my mates from school can't go as Mo's fiancee is having her hen night there (**** knows why!). I don't know if Andy and that are planning on going.

Quite a few os us out for the match today. Murder.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I need someone to go with. Woodsy is going to see a show in the fest with Lyndsay and my mates from school can't go as Mo's fiancee is having her hen night there (**** knows why!). I don't know if Andy and that are planning on going.

Quite a few os us out for the match today. Murder.

Where did you watch it? Burlington Berties?

I built and wardrobe and painted a bedroom - exciting.

You not out tonight?

Where did you watch it? Burlington Berties?

I built and wardrobe and painted a bedroom - exciting.

You not out tonight?

Nah, Footlights. Was folk spilling out the door. Kicked off a bit after but not too bad and not involving any of us.

Aye, meeting Dawn in an hour, going to The Egg at the art college. Full of pretentious ^^^^s no doubt.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
I've only been 3 times before but have really enjoyed myself, haven't seen too many of the Gallagher-like t*ssers and there's always a good atmosphere probably due to the fact it's only on every 2 months, so everyone gets pretty hyped up about it. The indie rock revival crowd will be in attendance but I would say maybe a slightly more mature crowd than Liquid Rooms on, say, a Wednesday.

?5 on the door my friend.

Cheers , sounds good

Had some cracking nights at Madchester but it's gone downhill IMO.

The last couple of times it's been pretty empty compared to what it used to be.

In saying that, i'm never happy. I used to complain it was too busy as it was a nightmare to get served at the bar.

Still better than City, Massa, Cav etc though.

Malcolm Tucker

I'll be there after Digitalism tonight. I'm assuming I have to pay to get in even after the gig? Anyone know for sure?

Madchester is quality.

Not sure I can go back anytime soon after what happened last time I was at the liquid rooms.

:sad:

I was meant to go to madchester after digitalism but was far too wasted. Still never been to a madchester night.

Thought you might have been there but couldn't remember, probably for the best! :ninja:

Malcolm Tucker
I was meant to go to madchester after digitalism but was far too wasted. Still never been to a madchester night.

Same here man. I was in no state to go to Madchester whatsoever.

Great gig though.

Archived