Miko - deserved sending off?

h-e-a-r-t-s

Who's fault?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's fault?

• Miko to blame...idiot
    • SFA, corrupt to the core

Bit of both.

Whether he dived or not (Not IMO) he got booked.

He should not be diving into a tackle like that when on a booking.

Also, neither would have been a booking if roles were reversed.

Exactly

netherleejambo

Was there a BBC/SFA script? Not seen it yet but I listened to it on the radio and when Miko came on all they could talk about was his bookings/sendings off/the Scotland penalty/Andy Davis/and his 'rash challenges'. As soon as he got booked for simulation the comentators more or less predicted the second yellow for a rash challenge and when it happened had no objective view on either decision.

They also slagged of Nade as a lazy slow slob before he even set foot on the pitch (but then again they might have been right on that one).

Ray Winstone

While the SFA are corupt to the core - Miko should be sensible enough to know that the referees need the smallest excuse to send him off.

Miko gave them the excuse they were looking for!

This poll needs a third option.

The first yellow was an awful premeditated decision from Stuart Dougal.

The second was stupidity from Miko.

Discipline is everything, Miko knows his cards are marked and as a result he has to be smarter.

I agree. I didn't vote as the first was not a booking and the second was a stupid tackle for a player on a booking to make.

My opinion of it is slightly different in that I thought he deserved the first yellow card, he played the ball way too hard past the defender then started running straight at him and went down like he had been shot. The second I wasn't sure of, but his reaction suggested he knew it was a free kick and that he would be dismissed.

Cant disagree PJ, Although it is tough to see from where we sit at Ibrox and I'm sure TV evidence gives a clearer picture. Personally I thought he went down way too easy and as for the tackle again it was a tough view I had but Miko himself was almost off the park before the ref showed the red so that would suggest that the player himself knew that he was late

Ach well, we were gash anyway :confused:

I thought Miko dived for the first one. ******* helmet. :mad:

After that, he was always going to go off.

On that you may be right, I didn't see the first half only the second.

And the two penalty decisions show this also. I remember in the cup at Fir Park last season when Jonsson was given a penalty against him for something similar to our shout today.

Typical that Dougal didn't see it

And who was the referee that night?:mad:

Seymour M Hersh
I thought Miko dived for the first one. ******* helmet. :mad:

After that, he was always going to go off.

Did you have a good view of it in the Govan?

Another shambolic decision by on eof the SFA's finest.

First one was NEVER a booking. Not in a million years.

Second one was a daft tackle to make, particularly on a booking already, but it was his first tackle of the friggin game - a bit of discretion wouldnt go a miss in such a situation.

Guest JamboRobbo

Yes, Miko deserved to be sent off.

Because he threw himself into a reckless challenge, when he was already on a booking. As Csaba said, our players need to learn discipline. You don't go in for a challenge like that when you are on a booking (harsh or not).

As to the first booking, looked like a bit of contact, and a bit of Miko throwing himself to the ground. Slightly harsh booking. But that didn't cause him to get sent off.

Failure to keip the heid, resulting in him putting in a rash challenge (which did deserve a booking) whilst already booked, caused Miko to get sent off.

I'm glad at least Csaba sees that.

Yes, Miko deserved to be sent off.

Because he threw himself into a reckless challenge, when he was already on a booking. As Csaba said, our players need to learn discipline. You don't go in for a challenge like that when you are on a booking (harsh or not).

As to the first booking, looked like a bit of contact, and a bit of Miko throwing himself to the ground. Slightly harsh booking. But that didn't cause him to get sent off.

Failure to keip the heid, resulting in him putting in a rash challenge (which did deserve a booking) whilst already booked, caused Miko to get sent off.

I'm glad at least Csaba sees that.

Exactly how I saw it JR.

We know, rightly or wrongly, that he's a marked man. I think he always will be in Scottish Football so for his own sake I think he should head for pastures new.

But he was still an idiot for that challenge so soon after the first booking.

Seymour M Hersh

I think the jist of this thread is Miko was unfairly treated and certainly seems to be a marked man by Scottish refs (or is it all HMFC Lithuanian players as 2 games 2 bookings for simulation both Lithuanian). However as others have posted Miko is his own worst enemy. He must know he is a marked man so if he assists opposition players by going down easily or theatrically he is being a fool. Also as others have posted once a player is on a yellow you have to be more circumspect and yet again he has failed to be this.

That said there is no doubt that Dougal gave everything to the hun yesterday that was physically possible. I'm looking forward to seeing Kingston's booking for having the temerity to avoid a lunging challenge.

Miko to blame...idiot ( on this occasion )

A point most are missing.Doesn't matter if the first booking ws right or wrong because the second was a stupid tackle for somebody to make on a booking.If he didn't make that stupid tackle we would have finished the game with 11 men and discussing the real reasons we got gubbed by a poor Rangers team.

Have been waiting for the highlights and having seen thenm I have to applaud the BBC editor for showing all the contentious moments. It shows the SFA in a poor light that their supposed best referee got so many calls wrong - Broadfoot, Boyd and both Mio incidents looked like poor calls (though the second Miko booking was a tad late it was not dangerous and Thomson rode it...Well done to Miko for just taking the bookings and not over-reacting

Archived