Miko - deserved sending off?

h-e-a-r-t-s

Who's fault?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's fault?

• Miko to blame...idiot
    • SFA, corrupt to the core

Only for those who have seen the events.

I'll start the poll...nae chance. First one was a soft foul but a foul nonetheless. So how can it be a booking for diving? Second was a 50/50 and a booking only if that player has made 2 or 3 similar challenges in the game.

Watch dougals eyes in the replay when he notices Miko has made the challenge, looks like a kid at Christmas. Can barely wait to get that red out.

To avoid any such debates it would be easier not to play Miko at Ibrox.

He and we, will never ever ever learn.

ToadKiller Dog

No because his first yellow was wrong he did not dive,his second was a bit rash but he was going for the ball ,dougal could not wait to send him off.

He dived and he should know that even if there is a suspicion of a dive he will get booked.

Also, when you are on a yellow card you don't dive into challenges the way he did.

The first one was a definate foul on Miko. The Rangers player even had a slight tug at his jersey! If it had been a Rangers player, he'd never have gotten booked for diving. Unbelievable decision! The second one was a 50/50 ball, and I actually think Miko got a touch on the ball. Definately corruption from the GFA!

Lynn

Auldreekie1874

Miko's challenge wasn't too dis-similar to Thompsons in the first half, the only difference was that Kingston gets booked for avoiding Thompsons' lunge and Miko gets booked for making the lunge. :confused:

Everybody loves Baz

The thing is with his first booking, Papac actually touched him (ever so slightly) Broadfoot wasn't even touched by Mikey and he still managed a 5.9 with a reversed pike thrown in.

Miko's challenge wasn't to dis-similar to Thompsons in the first half, the only difference was that Kingston gets booked for avoiding Thompsons' lunge and Miko gets booked for making the lunge. :confused:

That was another ridiculous decision :(

Auldreekie1874
He dived and he should know that even if there is a suspicion of a dive he will get booked.

Also, when you are on a yellow card you don't dive into challenges the way he did.

Different rules for Broadfoot though.

Happily it was highlighted on sportscene.

Corrie Jambo

We should not play Miko at Ibrox. Hea gets treated disgracefully there. The management should know that this is the case

The Rangers fans hate him as do the referees.

I saw the live feed not great pictures but I think the op is right and the first booking was obstruction so should have been a foul for Hearts.

The second one is a foul but Dougal was dying to send him off as were the commentators from Radio Scotland.

Kingston was the first booking after three dreadful fouls from Rangers players.

Hearts penalty for handball denied. Rangers get a soft one to wrap it up in the last minute.

Surprie surprise

JAMBOn_et_fromage

Watch out - someone will be along in a minute asking if Banks should have been sent off last week.

On that you may be right, I didn't see the first half only the second.

And the two penalty decisions show this also. I remember in the cup at Fir Park last season when Jonsson was given a penalty against him for something similar to our shout today.

Typical that Dougal didn't see it

rudi must stay

if he was already on a yellow card then he was daft going in for a challenge like that anyway. He did the same at Easter Road last year

Bit of both.

Whether he dived or not (Not IMO) he got booked.

He should not be diving into a tackle like that when on a booking.

Also, neither would have been a booking if roles were reversed.

Different rules for Broadfoot though.

Happily it was highlighted on sportscene.

On that you may be right, I didn't see the first half only the second.

And the two penalty decisions show this also. I remember in the cup at Fir Park last season when Jonsson was given a penalty against him for something similar to our shout today.

Typical that Dougal didn't see

Should never have been a yellow in the first place, Papac bloccked the run, as has been mentioned Dougal couldn't wait to get him off, A rshole!!

I take it Murray and Lawell are subsidising the rise the refs asked for??

Dirk Diggler
Watch out - someone will be along in a minute asking if Banks should have been sent off last week.

:biggrin:

1st Booking: Not a booking. Miko did go down very easily, but there was contact. If it was a Rangers player he would not have been booked(maybe Velicka).

2nd Booking: 50/50 ball. Stupid tackle in the end. But, is a booking deserved if its his first tackle of the game? If it was a Rangers sub's first tackle in the game he would not have been booked!

The first one was a definate foul on Miko. The Rangers player even had a slight tug at his jersey! If it had been a Rangers player, he'd never have gotten booked for diving. Unbelievable decision! The second one was a 50/50 ball, and I actually think Miko got a touch on the ball. Definately corruption from the GFA!

Lynn

Couldnt agree more!!!

Spot on.

Auldreekie1874
What did they say?

They mentioned Dougal's inconsistincies and highlighted the Broadfoot dive. They mentioned that should he look at the tv evidence then surely he would admit that he got it wrong, aswell as his other wrong calls.

Jam Tarts 1874

More cheatery at Ibrox. Miko did not deserve to be sent off.

We saw Broadfoot diving, we saw Rangers players committing foul after foul with impunity. We saw an handball penalty claim turned down, we all know that if it had happened at the other end it would have been given. As for the Rangers penalty at the end, it was very soft. The reaction of the Hearts players to the decision said it all, they let Dougal know what they thought.

Thunderstruck
To avoid any such debates it would be easier not to play Miko at Ibrox.

He and we, will never ever ever learn.

No, no, no, no, no! That is ceding victory to the forces of darkness.

The only way to deal with this is to highlight the blatant victimisation by all ways available to us.

The thing is with his first booking, Papac actually touched him (ever so slightly) Broadfoot wasn't even touched by Mikey and he still managed a 5.9 with a reversed pike thrown in.

Agreed.

We might have to think about Miko not playing at Ibrox.

Don't think any player should ever have to be left out a squad just because he's likely to be deal with unfairly rhough.

He gets it everywhere mind.

I think that says more about the authorities than the player.

David McCaig

This poll needs a third option.

The first yellow was an awful premeditated decision from Stuart Dougal.

The second was stupidity from Miko.

Discipline is everything, Miko knows his cards are marked and as a result he has to be smarter.

Had to go with the second choice in the poll, but had it been possible would have checked both boxes.

I honestly cannot believe the inadequacy of Scottish referees, they are either totally incompetent, biassed, or easily intimidated, but that showing today, regardless of which teams were involved was absolutely shameful.

Hearts were pish today, Wallace (who was skinned more than once) and Kingston were particularly poor. We are still desperate for a goal hungry forward too. How many shots on goal did Hearts have...I only remember Audrey's. Hopefully Obua and Tullberg will make a difference. HOWEVER, the inconsistency in refereeing is a joke. Kingston booked for trying to avoid Thomsons tackle?! WTF?! Boyd fell at Berra's feet, free kick awarded and they score as result (Wallace was awful). Miko's sending off was very harsh, 1st booking for "simulation", yet Broadfoot gets away with it. Penalty to Hearts for hand-ball in box denied! Need I go on, its pathetic :mad:

Goose Baxter

While i didnt see the footage today, i listened to it on the radio. But this thread is interesting reading.

People are saying he did dive and others are saying it was a foul on Miko. He either dived or he didnt. Simple as. People are coming accross with 2 different views. Its interesting.

As for people saying that we should not play Miko at Ibrox, Why shouldnt we not play him. We have every right to play him. The ref's should hold nothing against the lad. a ref should be a 50/50 during a game.

Every players gets a bad time at a ground. We give players greif when they come to tynie. Miko going to ibrox is no different

Thunderstruck

Wow! Jim Traynor agrees it wasn't a dive, it shouldn't have been a sending off and, wait for it, we should have had a penalty at Greyskull!

I need a lie down.

am one who believes if a player goes down and the ref feels he dived then book him for it but he never dived its clear for all to see he was tugged the second one well stupid challenge that he should not have made being on the a yellow already so no he should not have went sfa mafia must be the only ones who commit murder in broad day light and get away with it

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I watched the second half on a website. Mikos's first card was a disgrace. He ia a marked man no doubt. He should have had a freekick.

The second probably was a yellow. Dougal was pulling out the red so fast I could see sparks.

Corruption. Corruption. Corruption.

The Old Tolbooth
Wow! Jim Traynor agrees it wasn't a dive, it shouldn't have been a sending off and, wait for it, we should have had a penalty at Greyskull!

I need a lie down.

If big Jim says it, then it must be true because we normally get no change out of him!

It's not the first time Dougals cheated us, he gave everything to Motherwell in BOTH cup games last season, and it was only when he had to go off injured in the replay that we started to get anything from the ref (who I think was Eddie Smith :wacko:)

Spot on.

They mentioned Dougal's inconsistincies and highlighted the Broadfoot dive. They mentioned that should he look at the tv evidence then surely he would admit that he got it wrong, aswell as his other wrong calls.

And still sod all will be done about it.

The history books will still say 2-0 to the BlueMafia and we'll still be Miko-less for a game. And whatever Rioters players who ought to have been booked (by being treated the same as our players...ha feckin' ha :mad:) didn't get booked allowing them to carry on and accrue fewer suspensions.

Corrupt? Folk really need to open their eyes.

And still sod all will be done about it.

The history books will still say 2-0 to the BlueMafia and we'll still be Miko-less for a game. And whatever Rioters players who ought to have been booked (by being treated the same as our players...ha feckin' ha :mad:) didn't get booked allowing them to carry on and accrue fewer suspensions.

Corrupt? Folk really need to open their eyes.

Spot on. The 10K that was suspended from our 40K fine from the SFA, will be in their coffers by Jan :mad:

I haven't seen it yet but even if it was a deserved sending off then the section poll option would still also be right.

theescapehouse

Not that it'll make too much of a difference i doubt, but i mailed the SFA proposing a points discipline system for referees. If players get points for cards, ref's should get points for dubious or wrong decisions, differing in severity depending on the outcome. For example, wrong decision 1 point, wrong decision leading to a goal for the team who the decision was in favour of 2 points. Yes refs cant be in the right place at the right time and mistakes can be made, but its the same with players, often a bookable offence has been unintentional, a clumsy challenge that isnt meant to be malicious still warrants a card, so should a dodgy decision, basically if players are punished for mistakes and errors in judgement, so should referees. Maybe im naive for thinking about all this but im sick of seeing the way SPL games are refereed.

A Boy Named Crow
Bit of both.

I would have voted for the third way were it given as an option. His first yellow was not deserved, but given that he knew he was skating on thin ice, his challenge to get the second was just plain stupid.

Benny Factor

When watching the replay, Dougal clearly only goes into his pocket when he realises who has committed the foul and not because of it. Shameful.

As I said at the Niblick with the jambos watching the match on Setanta today, it looks like Stuart Dougal has taken up Mike McCurry's 'loyal' pay packet. It's a shame as Dougal was one of the better ones, but that was one of the most blatant displays of biased refereeing I've seen in some time. I think we're a better team with 10 men than with Miko on the pitch, but that was never a deserved sending-off. The GFA are bitter, vengeful people. I shall hate them to the grave.

portobellojambo1

My opinion of it is slightly different in that I thought he deserved the first yellow card, he played the ball way too hard past the defender then started running straight at him and went down like he had been shot. The second I wasn't sure of, but his reaction suggested he knew it was a free kick and that he would be dismissed.

First yellow should have been a foul to Miko. The defender stuck an arm across Miko's path. Will be interested to see where the linesman was standing. If he had a view from behind then he should have been able to flag for the foul. Even if it was a dive (which it wasn't), how often are players booked for dives near the half-way line? Almost never, refs normally just wave them to their feet.

Second yellow. At the ref's discretion. Suspect that normally for a first foul of the game by a player the ref would have let it go with a warning. Suspect for a player on a yellow already the ref would normally avoid the hard decision to red card and let it off with a warning.

Other decisions. Missed the first half. After the sending off their was a very cynical late challenge as Hearts burst out on the counter attack that was in my view worse than Miko's mistimed tackle, but didn't get a yellow. The Hearts penalty call could have gone either way. He stuck his arms out to make his body big. He then turned his back, but his arm was still away from his side. The Rangers penalty I'd have to see again. Wallace seemed to get something on the ball, but whether that was before or after he got the man I can't say.

Overall the ref made one very bad mistake in the second half (booking Miko for diving). Every other decision could go either way, but in the event every one went in Rangers favour leaving an impression of one-sided refereeing.

Rudolf's Mate
Bit of both.

You are spot on mate. Whilst there was contact on Miko (shirt pulled) it wasn't enoughto actually stop him in his tracks let alone floor him. He could have actually gone passed the player as he had the momentum. Because hetried to make it look worse than it was he was booked.

Agreed Broadfoot should have also been booked!

Dirk Diggler
My opinion of it is slightly different in that I thought he deserved the first yellow card, he played the ball way too hard past the defender then started running straight at him and went down like he had been shot. The second I wasn't sure of, but his reaction suggested he knew it was a free kick and that he would be dismissed.

Watch it on the telly Iain.

Only for those who have seen the events.

I'll start the poll...nae chance. First one was a soft foul but a foul nonetheless. So how can it be a booking for diving? Second was a 50/50 and a booking only if that player has made 2 or 3 similar challenges in the game.

Watch dougals eyes in the replay when he notices Miko has made the challenge, looks like a kid at Christmas. Can barely wait to get that red out.

I was at Ibrox today and I am no great Miko fan, but the first was not a foul, alright Miko may have made a bit of a meal of it, but Broadfoot struck him. The second was a 50/50 challenge and the first thing he did since his yellow card. Most would be given a warning, but not Miko, he is being victamised as I told Jim Traynor earlier tonight on the radio. I feel sorry for him, but maybe we should start to think twice about playing him in Glasgow.

Archived