U19s v Motherwell

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Good performance from the youngsters this morning in a 1 -1 draw, although the shine was taken off with a late equaliser from Motherwell. Hearts created and missed a string of chances, by a mixture of good saves, the woodwork and mis-hit shots.

Their first half performance was as good as I have seen them play for a long time. Baltoni got the opener from a rebound when Cowan headed Copil's free kick against the post. M'well's equaliser came from a loose pass from Johnny Stewart across the face of the goal with a couple of mins to go.

Team:

Ridgers

C Thompson, Stewart, Balatoni, Delands

Wagner, Mulrooney, Copil, D Thompson, Robinson

Cowan

MOTM was Wagner - Best I've seen him play - great crossing and one run, the length of the park, would have brought the goal of the decade had it not been for a great save by the M'Well keeper. Good perfomances also from Copil & Delands particularly in the 1st half.

jamboinglasgow

unlucky for the U19s, that is a young team and hopefully one which can play reguarly together for the next few months. Good to hear that Wagner had a great game. Thought at times last season he did not seem interested.

Also does Copil look like he is keeping his head down and working hard, knowing that the reward for doing so is moving into the reserves (or U23s as they are called now.) Plus good tp hear delands had a good game. Think a future team of him at left back and Brown at right back would be a good combination.

(sadly I missed the match due to being a morning shift.)

Footballfirst

Copil was at the centre of most things Hearts did well, particularly with his passing. Tired a bit late on. I'm not sure that his fitness / stamina are up to the mark, but he does have the ability and vision.

Danny Thompson took a bad knock and was carried off on a stretcher in some pain. I think it was his right knee Don't know what the prognosis will be but could be out for some time if it is a ligament injury.

jamboinglasgow
Copil was at the centre of most things Hearts did well, particularly with his passing. Tired a bit late on. I'm not sure that his fitness / stamina are up to the mark, but he does have the ability and vision.

Danny Thompson took a bad knock and was carried off on a stretcher in some pain. I think it was his right knee Don't know what the prognosis will be but could be out for some time if it is a ligament injury.

that would be a disaster for both hearts and thomson if true. He is a very talented player and would hate him to pick up such an injury.

Archived