Maroon Platoon?! WTF?!

Morry

The Idea is great. The name is a bit rank as it sounds like a bunch of Livi fans came up with it and it rhymes with goon. That aside what has it been doing since it was named months ago?

I don't see a website? I don't hear anything of it.

The Aberdeen fans have had it sorted for a few seasons now and even the OF have taken a leaf out of their book..when are we goana get off the mark and start organising ourselves better?

the voice from above
The Idea is great. The name is a bit rank as it sounds like a bunch of Livi fans came up with it and it rhymes with goon. That aside what has it been doing since it was named months ago?

The Aberdeen fans have had it sorted for a few seasons now and even the OF have taken a leaf out of their book..when are we goana get off the mark and start organising ourselves better?

sorry mate but i'm completely :confused:

what are you on about?

Laurie was leading it along side some folk from the club...theres a good chance I'll bump into him on Saturday night so I'll bring it up with him & get his say.

Welcome to the official site of The Maroon Platoon...

Here is our Mission Statement:...

To make Tynecastle as colourful and fun as possible...

Bollocks to that.

We should be concentrating in returning Tynecastle to one of the most hostile and intimidating grounds in Scotland.

Bollocks to that.

We should be concentrating in returning Tynecastle to one of the most hostile and intimidating grounds in Scotland.

Yeh lets start throwing Bananas at players again! :1132: Delete mods if you think thats a bit too un PC but it DID happen.

The whole point of the maroon platoon was to improve the atmosphere.

The People's Chimp
Yeh lets start throwing Bananas at players again! :1132: Delete mods if you think thats a bit too un PC but it DID happen.

i dont think that's what legend meant for one minute.

but balls to drummers and the livi style sheeite.

Bollocks to that.

Well said mate..... Some people would like us to change halfs at half time and shake hands with the opposition fans on teh way past.

I lost all faith I ever had in the Maroon Platoon (which wasn't much to begin with, tbh) after they put out their 30ft strip flag thing upside down in the Gorgie Stand.

Hilarious.

I used to sit beside Laurie in lower G but he gave up his season ticket - I think he now goes shoe shopping with his girlfriend instead . . .

Of course. You're right.

In order to make the ground hostile and intimidating for opposing teams and their fans we would have to turn the clock back to the 70's / 80's and resort to racism. Racism is, of course, the only way to turn Tynie into a fortress again.

I lost all faith I ever had in the Maroon Platoon (which wasn't much to begin with, tbh) after they put out their 30ft strip flag thing upside down in the Gorgie Stand.

Hilarious.

It happened in the Wheatfield as well :P

Well said mate..... Some people would like us to change halfs at half time and shake hands with the opposition fans on teh way past.

But that would be fun though. And colourful.

I used to sit beside Laurie in lower G but he have up his season ticket - I think he now goes shoe shopping with his girlfriend instead . . .

The lads single now I believe...moved back up North.

Rudolf's Mate

Agreed the atmosphere at Tynie used to be electric and games against the ugly sisters and the hobos had the hairs standing. Yes it felt like going into war however it was all in good jest with the chants between supporters of both sides being absolutely fantastic.

A win against der huns may get it going again!

:thumb:

Hilarious.

I remember that,was that not about having a dig at Romanov about something?

Cant think what he ever done wrong though.

:chase:

Yeh I know he didn't mean that however you guys are totally on the negative vibe with the idea of something like the maroon platoon? Am I right? I don't think we would have a livi drummer and throw confetti at every game.

I cant see the harm it would do though to have a few extra flags etc to help with the atmosphere.

:rolleyes:

Agree with your thoughts on the name, it sounds like a gay dance act appearing as part of the fringe, Aberdeen have the Red Ultra's and we have the Maroon Platoon.........:rolleyes:

No contest eh??

The lads single now I believe...moved back up North.

He (laurie) used to be a constant on here, but reckon he must huv gave up or grew up on the flag waving pap.

Wonder what happened to the Brellier and Pressley flags??

He (laurie) used to be a constant on here, but reckon he must huv gave up or grew up on the flag waving pap.

Wonder what happened to the Brellier and Pressley flags??

Yeh Laurie & Shaz...not heard from them in ages.

The Brellier flag was sent down south when Brellier moved...the Pressley flag I have no idea where it is. If my memory serves me correctly Laurie offered it to the man himself.

The Brellier flag was sent down south when Brellier moved...the Pressley flag I have no idea where it is. If my memory serves me correctly Laurie offered it to the man himself.

to wrap his celtic medals in.... *hhhhuk too*

MackaysCentreSpot

The other thing that seemed unfair about the events held by the Maroon Platoon was that it was only the Gorgie and Wheatfield Stands that could access the events.

What about the Main Stand?

Loads of kids in the Main Stand who would appreciate being taken into account this season also.

Listening to the game on HW on Saturday, it sounded like the thing to get a good atmosphere going was the players giving effort, and fighting back when being pressed. A few wins and similar performances as Saturday should improve atmosphere.

Bollocks to that.

Spot on. I'm sick of all the happy-clappy PC nonsense that affects our football stadia these days. :sad:

Bunch of ponces. :nooo: The only reason they exist is so the club can use their giant shirts to cover all the empty seats.

Bunch of ponces. :nooo: The only reason they exist is so the club can use their giant shirts to cover all the empty seats.

Ponces or not, their name is far better than ours. Thats the point I was making.

The main mistake the Maroon Platoon made was launching in the middle of a severe downturn in the teams fortunes.

Done right this kind of thing could conceivably make the difference between a good atmosphere and a great atmosphere. But if people are in a generally foul mood then any attempts at "organised fun" is only going to annoy them further.

Ponces or not, their name is far better than ours. Thats the point I was making.

I'd much prefer if Hearts weren't known for giant shirts, silly flags and card displays. :o

The 1874 Loyal

The 1874 Elite

Would have been better but hey ho.

If every one sang it would be a start.

Oh yeah, that would have been brilliant. Just the sort of associations we need to promote.... :P

Guest S.U.S.S.
Oh yeah, that would have been brilliant. Just the sort of associations we need to promote.... :P

So you pander to the petty minded bigots who simply perceive the word loyal to mean hun, its their problem, not yours.

So you pander to the petty minded bigots who simply perceive the word loyal to mean hun, its their problem, not yours.

That's not really how it works though, is it?

It would be nice if it did work that way, but it doesn't.

the Pressley flag I have no idea where it is. If my memory serves me correctly Laurie offered it to the man himself.

Hope he sh@t in it first.

Romanov Stole My Pension

If the maroon platoon are wanting to make match day as fun as possible, the priority should be getting sections for vocal supporters at away games (cant be that hard) and also pushing for section G to be more if a singing section at home.

Sorry L, but the day I see the word L as a rangers word is the day I die.

I'm loyal to hearts... loyal to the club found in 1874..

Hearts will always mean more / be first in my mind, than any west coast gadge convention. Are rangers the only club allowed to use the word loyal??

Imagine poor Brellier's face when that flag got unfurled down south. Getting stalked by an inanimate object must do things to a bloke.

Buffalo Bill

Sorry, but I think 'Aberdeen Ultras' are as un-cool as Livi fans.

You want a good atmosphere?

Then pray the team plays well.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I would actually hate it if we went down the route of having organised singing like those dreadful, over-excited South Korean fans you see at the World Cup, or Aberdeen Ultra banners that try too hard to be something they're not i.e Italian).

The best way for Tynecastle to get white-hot is for the team to give us reason to be. A big game, a goal, a dodgy ref, a bad tackle, a punch up, some great football, attitude.

What I want is for Tynecastle to be raw, and electric.

But as a living organism, it has to be organic.

If the club really wants to help crank it up for kick off, then build us a giant pub under the stand with cheap lager and a giant video screen showing '90 goals against Hibs'.

That should do it.

But please: spare me the giant foam hand brigade.

Buffalo Bill

The best way for Tynecastle to get white-hot is for the team to give us reason to be. A big game, a goal, a dodgy ref, a bad tackle, a punch up, some great football, attitude.

What I want is for Tynecastle to be raw, and electric.

But as a living organism, it has to be organic.

If the club really wants to help crank it up for kick off, then build us a giant pub under the stand with cheap lager and a giant video screen showing '90 goals against Hibs'.

That should do it.

But please: spare me the giant foam hand brigade.

Buffalo Bill

So true. Atmosphere at football will always be dictated by what's happening on the pitch!

Maybe an Aberdeen fan could come on and let us know if the atmosphere has got better at Pittodrie since the introduction of the 'Ultras'. I very much doubt it.

Archived