Shed Seven - Corn Exchange 14/08/08

db2000

Commander Harris
Just got back from the gig.

That show was right up there with the best of them.

Cracking Stuff.

DB

Chris Evans and Shed Seven will save the UK music scene. apparantly.

decent band in the 90s, didn't know they were still touring to be honest. Was it mainly old stuff or have they got some new material?

A Boy Named Crow

The mighty Shed. My first proper gig eons ago. Saw them loads of times after that. They never let me down, Whitter was always on top form. He signed my Truth Be Told album at Virgin in Glasgow - he's incredibly short!!!

I remember one gig at the Barrowlands he was talking to a girl in the front row. it transpired she was from Dundee, at which point the crowd started giving her pelters. He shut them all up and said people say York is a sh*t hole, but it's where he's from so he's proud, we should all give her a break. The lad's obviously never been to Dundee!!!

Chris Evans and Shed Seven will save the UK music scene. apparantly.

decent band in the 90s, didn't know they were still touring to be honest. Was it mainly old stuff or have they got some new material?

All the oldies mate. No new stuff. Won't be writing any as far as i know

Good gig last night

Pants Shaton

Shed Seven's lasting contribution is the rhyming slang for sh*tter derived from their lead singer.

Musically abominable. 'She left me on Friday' is probably the 2nd worst song of all time.

A Boy Named Crow
Shed Seven's lasting contribution is the rhyming slang for sh*tter derived from their lead singer.

Musically abominable. 'She left me on Friday' is probably the 2nd worst song of all time.

...and there we have it. Gman is either 12, was a Goth in the 90's, or has no musical taste. which is it then? We can help you. What you need is an intensive course of Shine compilations and the DVD box set of TFI Friday (if such a thing exists...)

Got a couple of Corn Exchange gigs coming up. Is the service at the bars in the hall still as abysmal and utterly overpriced?

Pants Shaton
...and there we have it. Gman is either 12, was a Goth in the 90's, or has no musical taste. which is it then? We can help you. What you need is an intensive course of Shine compilations and the DVD box set of TFI Friday (if such a thing exists...)

To illustrate my point I will now list a small selection of albums from 1996 (The year 'A Maximum High' was released) to put 'the Shed' in context:

Aphex Twin : Richard D James Album

Ash: 1977

Belle & Sebastian: If you're feeling sinister

Divine Comedy: Casanova

DJ Shadow: Endtroducing

Johnny Cash: Unchained

Manics: Everything Must Go

Orbital: Insides

Super Furry Animals: Fuzzy Logic

Beck: Odelay

Underworld: 2nd toughest...

Placebo - Placebo

Shed Seven firmly in the 'Rick Witter'. If a DVD box set of TFI Friday exists then it should be shown on a constant loop, in prisons, to punish our most odious offenders.

goinggold1.jpg

A Boy Named Crow
To illustrate my point I will now list a small selection of albums from 1996 (The year 'A Maximum High' was released) to put 'the Shed' in context:

Placebo - Placebo

Shed Seven firmly in the 'Rick Witter'. If a DVD box set of TFI Friday exists then it should be shown on a constant loop, in prisons, to punish our most odious offenders.

goinggold1.jpg

A fine collection. I don't understand your beef with The Shed on the back of that - no accounting for taste I suppose!

Carl Spackler

I can't say they were my favourite band at the time but I really like listening to them now and again now. Probably five or six of their songs are excellent I'd say.

Went along the other night. The Sheds were sounding absolutley brilliant. Cant believe there was hardly a crowd there. I think it reflects Edinburgh. nobody plays here anymore cos nobody goes to gigs. Get yourself through to glasgow, always a great atmosphere at gigs, better venues. I hate to say it but it is much better when it comes to gigs and crowds. The Sheds had 2 sold out shows there last year

Pants Shaton
Went along the other night. The Sheds were sounding absolutley brilliant. Cant believe there was hardly a crowd there. I think it reflects Edinburgh. nobody plays here anymore cos nobody goes to gigs. Get yourself through to glasgow, always a great atmosphere at gigs, better venues. I hate to say it but it is much better when it comes to gigs and crowds. The Sheds had 2 sold out shows there last year

I would argue that's because we are more discerning.

Placebo - Placebo

goinggold1.jpg

Those emboldened albums were superb, more particularly "Endtroducing", "Fuzzy Logic" and "2nd Toughest In The Infants".

FWIW, I have "Change Giver" in my collection, I quite like it. I agree that "She Left Me On Friday" was awful and the following album was poor.

Never a band I would have went to see live, I was never that big a fan. Oh, and Rick Witter and Pob were doubles.

Archived