CBeebies: some observations from a (relatively) new dad.

Buffalo Bill

My Son has just turned 5 and he wont miss an episode of the Mr Men Show in case this fellow is on!!

mrmanMS0902_468x365.jpg

He's also very much still into

thomasDM2407_468x377.jpg

Oh and Sarah Jane, I definitely would!! (just something about her!)

sarah_jane_honeywell_body_200x300.jpg

jamboinglasgow

my 2 and a half year old nephew likes to be outside more than infront of the tv (you try to explain that he is not going outside as it is heavy rain outside, even showing him the rain and he still wants to go outside.)

But when he is infront of the TV he loves Nick Jr and his fav program is Bob the builder (or as he used to call it Bobo) and when I was his age until the age of about 8 I was made about building sites and construction vehicles (I even invented a song which was called "I am a dumper truck".) I just wish it arrived earlier when I was young as I would of been Bob mad.

Another favourite is Thomas the Tank Engine, a great favourite of mine. It was the program a young boy would love as it had trains doing funny things. I am dissapointed though they have changed the theme tune, made it about "life lessons that thomas learnt" and added in some computer graphics. Was dissapointed with this as the program did not need to be changed. They did even worse with postman pat (changing a lovely theme tune to one that includes the line "postman pat, tell us what is in your sack.")

As for the modern programs I have watched, I found it funny that there was a program on nick jr about a pig (Pegga Pig) and in the program she gets a letter delivered by a friend who's dad is a postman. She then gives the friend the reply, to which the mother puts a stamp on it. The friend delivers the letter to her own house and opens up the letter in front of Pegga pig. then suddenly the door bell rings and all the party guests rush into the house. The party appears to last 10 seconds and then everyone rushes out again. I was left confused.

As for the wiggles, I found it funny to out that the wiggles tried to be a rock band but when it didn't work out they went into childrens music.

My 17 month old daughter has recently gone TV mad. At first she didn?t get to watch any TV, other than ?In the Night Garden? before bed but now she?s demanding it on all the time. I?m fighting to curtail now to a couple of hours a day, but from what I do watch is fascinating, even though I feel as if I?m the only adult out there watching it.

My question is this: do any of you lot have to watch CBeebies?

Anyway, here are some random observations.

Upsy Daisy is without doubt the most annoying person on TV bar Lorraine Kelly.

Telebubby Tinky Winkie must surely be a screaming homosexual. Is this a deliberate ploy? Radical.

There are some top tunes on CBeebies. Chris and Poi?s ?Summertime? filler is awesome. The Bill and Ben theme tune could?ve been written by The Byrds. And ?64 Zoo Lane? is the best tune on TV since ?Willy Fogg? from my day.

The girl singer in ?Space Pirates? challenges Upsy Daisy in annoyance factor.

?Balamory? is The Wicker Man for kids, with TV?s campest policeman for added bonus.

?Balamory? is strangely addictive.

Jake form the ?Tweenies? is a complete spanker.

The Welsh presenter of ?Doodle Do? sounds like he needs a good blow of his nose.

?My Tumble? needs to be shot in the street.

?Me Too? is a lot of PC nonsense.

?Nina and the Neurons? just adds to the over representation of Weegies on this channel.

I love CBeebies really.

pc_plum_150_150x180.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Our daughter (turning 3 tomorrow) is a huge CBeebies and Nick Jr fan........ Dora and Diego are her favs now but for a very long time it was Hi-5.

Some additional info for you though - it's no wonder you dislike Mr Tumble and Jake from the Tweenies, they are one in the same person - JUSTIN!

And although Nina and the Neurons is shot in land of the Weegies, Nina is actually from Portobello..............(im in the know, it's 100% true BUT don't ask me my source;))

Guest juvehearts

Thank god im not the only one that has to endure hrs & hrs of cbeebies & playhouse disney after 7pm.

sesmie tree is really strange comming from bbc Nire!, thats new on the channel

the best one out of the loy & i cant believe no-one's mentioned it at all is.

Bear In The Blue House, the songs are amazing!

granny murry is isla off still game,

mrs hooly is off chewing the fat

miles jupp is a comedian (archie off balamoary)

balamoary is actually called tobmoary in real life & they all speak gaelic over there!

mee too is just too weird, where is it, edinburgh,. glasgow, birmingham or london.

ffs i thought i was seeing things when i seen the number 3 pass big ben on that show!

how to confuse onselfs is watch that!

the mos annoying theme tune has to be that harry & his bucket of dinosaurs.

mama mirabells home movies is class & so is our planet on the beeb.

mickey mouse's clubhouse is ace

my friends Tiggger & poo is good too, thats coz im a big tigger fan!

64 Zoo lane is on every channel as is Lazy town

another good prog is rory the racing car!,is it peter kay that does the voice over!

Nina is called Katrina Bryan here is her profile

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1787784/

shes been in a few shows like

winchester 73

Granny Murray is played by the actress who plays Isa(?) in Still Game.

I think the programme is directed by PC Plum who it appears is quite well known to be "light on his loafers" and often frequents Glasgow "pink triangle" bar area. No suprise there then.

My two year old daughter has discoverer Tickabilla which is basically Playschool for the 00's.

I think you should all check out NickJnr at 4pm to watch 'Yo Gabba Gabba'. It is completely insane. My son loves it, but i am sure it is sending me subliminal messages through it ridiculous songs and flashing images....must buy...child....Nick Jnr products......

Chad Sexington

My 21 month old daughter loves CBeebies.

I've grown to love my electronic babysitter too.

However, Mr Tumble must die. I hate his guts.

justin.jpg

I also feel slightly seedy whenever I see Nina and and the Neurons.

She'd get it.

ninagif.png

Buffalo Bill
My 21 month old daughter loves CBeebies.

I've grown to love my electronic babysitter too.

However, Mr Tumble must die. I hate his guts.

justin.jpg

I also feel slightly seedy whenever I see Nina and and the Neurons.

She'd get it.

ninagif.png

Mr Tumble

MR TUM - BLE!!!

Buffalo Bill

I feel really old after reading this thread, don't know any of the shows you lot are on about (obviously with exception to Tom & Jerry, Thomas the Tank Engine etc)

No child should have a Thomas-free upbringing.

Sure I still have some Thomas videos somewhere. I remember thinking when I was little how Ringo Starr was a funny name, when I saw it on the credits, and then later when I was older just thinking how awesome it was that I heard him narrating that show before I knew who the Beatles were :)

Ryan Gosling
Sure I still have some Thomas videos somewhere. I remember thinking when I was little how Ringo Starr was a funny name, when I saw it on the credits, and then later when I was older just thinking how awesome it was that I heard him narrating that show before I knew who the Beatles were :)

Is it wrong that I have the entire series on DVD?

It's a classic after all.

I feel really old after reading this thread, don't know any of the shows you lot are on about (obviously with exception to Tom & Jerry, Thomas the Tank Engine etc)

Here have fun....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/

I am just sneaking a wee shot of my laptop while she is sleeping.

;)

When my son, now 8, was a toddler he used to watch Rolie Polie Ollie on Channel 5's milkshake, which I have to say I got addicted to also!

now it's pokemon, u-gio and other such cartoons that I just cannot fathom what the hells going on in.

Somehow he can't remember to do the simplest of tasks he's been asked to do but can remember about 100 different pokemon of the top of his head!

Is it wrong that I have the entire series on DVD?

It's a classic after all.

DVD?! Is it digitally remastered with hours of bonus features? Giez a loan of that, that's my Saturday night made.

jamboinglasgow

i was the same, liked the narrater when first watched when I knew all about the beatles I was astonished that ringo did such a program. Good on him I say. Every person I speak to who has young children (though mainly boys) says that they love thomas and their children love him also.

Though why did they allow hollywood to try and make a movie about it

tmrposter.GIF

Children dont think thomas is magic, no they think he is a train who chuffs around and has a personalty. None of your magic nonsense. Makes my blood boil.

And Peanut. it is not wrong to own the complete collection. I may buy it myself so that when I have kids they watch the true verson of thomas (and postman pat, and fireman sam.)

Ryan Gosling
DVD?! Is it digitally remastered with hours of bonus features? Giez a loan of that, that's my Saturday night made.

Every episode of the original series WITH surround sound. All five series, 650 mins of bliss.

You have my number.

:laugh:

Miller Jambo 60
Brum!!!

I never get the tv now, Buzz light year DVD 3 times a day ......again daddy again daddy arrrgghh

My wee man LEWIS (9) loves tom and jerry ,so do i.

its a good bit bonding seeing the cat being crushed:eek:

MA HA

Archived