CBeebies: some observations from a (relatively) new dad.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

My 17 month old daughter has recently gone TV mad. At first she didn?t get to watch any TV, other than ?In the Night Garden? before bed but now she?s demanding it on all the time. I?m fighting to curtail now to a couple of hours a day, but from what I do watch is fascinating, even though I feel as if I?m the only adult out there watching it.

My question is this: do any of you lot have to watch CBeebies?

Anyway, here are some random observations.

Upsy Daisy is without doubt the most annoying person on TV bar Lorraine Kelly.

Telebubby Tinky Winkie must surely be a screaming homosexual. Is this a deliberate ploy? Radical.

There are some top tunes on CBeebies. Chris and Poi?s ?Summertime? filler is awesome. The Bill and Ben theme tune could?ve been written by The Byrds. And ?64 Zoo Lane? is the best tune on TV since ?Willy Fogg? from my day.

The girl singer in ?Space Pirates? challenges Upsy Daisy in annoyance factor.

?Balamory? is The Wicker Man for kids, with TV?s campest policeman for added bonus.

?Balamory? is strangely addictive.

Jake form the ?Tweenies? is a complete spanker.

The Welsh presenter of ?Doodle Do? sounds like he needs a good blow of his nose.

?My Tumble? needs to be shot in the street.

?Me Too? is a lot of PC nonsense.

?Nina and the Neurons? just adds to the over representation of Weegies on this channel.

I love CBeebies really.

pc_plum_150_150x180.jpg

Buffalo Bill

My lad has just progressed to Go, Diego Go which I find whistling the theme tune to now and again.

It's all subliminal mate. Sorry I didn't make your book event, heavily pregnant Mrs was knackered so had to go home after work.

Commander Harris

my best mates wee kid is also an "In the night garden" junkie, she can't go to bed without it! It's a rather strange programme though, one has to wonder what the creators were on, although it's enjoyable enough in a weird way.

I'm with you on "me too". I find a lot of the Cbeebies stuff a bit overly PC.

Guest GhostHunter

Cbeebie programmes were created by writers on acid.

I'm now lucky enough to have to endure the "grown up" version CBBC, which includes Tracy Beaker amongst other things.

BB - a tip.... Milkshake on C5 pre 0800....presenters will give you enough reason to watch....and Hi 5 - say no more :arf:

rudi must stay
My 17 month old daughter has recently gone TV mad. At first she didn?t get to watch any TV, other than ?In the Night Garden? before bed but now she?s demanding it on all the time. I?m fighting to curtail now to a couple of hours a day, but from what I do watch is fascinating, even though I feel as if I?m the only adult out there watching it.

Telebubby Tinky Winkie must surely be a screaming homosexual. Is this a deliberate ploy? Radical.

There are some top tunes on CBeebies. Chris and Poi?s ?Summertime? filler is awesome. The Bill and Ben theme tune could?ve been written by The Byrds. And ?64 Zoo Lane? is the best tune on TV since ?Willy Fogg? from my day.

?Balamory? is The Wicker Man for kids, with TV?s campest policeman for added bonus.

The Welsh presenter of ?Doodle Do? sounds like he needs a good blow of his nose.

?Nina and the Neurons? just adds to the over representation of Weegies on this channel.

I love CBeebies really.

pc_plum_150_150x180.jpg

Buffalo Bill

is that shiny show still on? That was the strangest show of them all

The Old Tolbooth

You've only just started BB, you've been warned ;)

I reckon they should bring back The Magic Roundabout and Captain Pugwash.

At least none of you are subjected to Dora the ****ing Explorer!!

We have Dora curtains, Dora duvets, Dora wallpaper, every Dora doll/toy ever released and every item of clothing my 2 year old daughter owns is Dora!! :mad:

My kids watch all of these.

They moved on to Tiny Pop on Sky and I have to say it's murder. The ****ing Bernstein Bears really get on my tits.

Give me Nina & Granny Murray any day.

Which leads me to mention Sarah Jayne from CBeebies. Ooooh, now there is a saucy little biatch!

Sorry to lower the tone.

Top observations there BB...

64 Zoo Lane theme tune is top as is The Bunnytown Hop. Hannah always wants to watch The Wiggles too, which I don't mind as they are pretty funny. Took her to the Playhouse to see them last month and was pleased to hear them play snippets of "My Sharona" and some Led Zepp in there too ;)

There's always Sarah-Jane to ogle at while watching Higgledy House :rolleyes:

Sarah-Jane - oh yes!

Mr Tumble aka Justin - oh no!

Charlie & Lola has the best theme tune in a Man about the House stylee.

Space Pirates rocks, as does Lazytown and good old Bob the Builder.

Boogie Pete is annoying, yet likeable.

Blue Cow stories are the best.

The Old Tolbooth
My kids watch all of these.

They moved on to Tiny Pop on Sky and I have to say it's murder. The ****ing Bernstein Bears really get on my tits.

Give me Nina & Granny Murray any day.

Which leads me to mention Sarah Jayne from CBeebies. Ooooh, now there is a saucy little biatch!

Sorry to lower the tone.

Tsk tsk! Trust you...........

4AD_L02207.341web.jpg

:P:p

Guys, you've got it all wrong...you have to talk your kid into liking Batman and Ben 10....I'm slowly convincing my 4 year old daughter that they aren't boys programmes thanks to Batgirl and Gwen(Ben 10's Cuz) being on them.:)

Charlie and Lola is pretty funny tho;)

I love kids, there so impressionable:rolleyes:

Sarah Jane....mmmmm.

Used to be a contortionist, y'know.

Lazytown, blue cow stories, Mr Men on Milkshake, Handy Manny, Harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs and (in best K-Tel Christmas ad style) many, many more.

The Old Tolbooth
Guys, you've got it all wrong...you have to talk your kid into liking Batman and Ben 10....I'm slowly convincing my 4 year old daughter that they aren't boys programmes thanks to Batgirl and Gwen(Ben 10's Cuz) being on them.:)

Charlie and Lola is pretty funny tho;)

I love kids, there so impressionable:rolleyes:

I'm sure that's what Gary Glitter said :confused:

;)

Sarah Jane....mmmmm.

Used to be a contortionist, y'know.

Lazytown, blue cow stories, Mr Men on Milkshake, Handy Manny, Harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs and (in best K-Tel Christmas ad style) many, many more.

Is Harry and his Bucketful of Dino's on the telly?

When? Where? My boy goes ape for the book so if on tv too...

Oh, forgot to mention Pocoyo as well. And good old Thomas the Tank Engine.

Also got the boy into Star Wars and funnily enough football.

He was delighted to watch the 22-in-a-row DVD the other week when he realised the Euro Championships were over. He seemed surprisingly keen on Tosh McKinlay...

heartsfc_fan

Ahhh CBeebies! My sister (now almost 11) used to watch it. Admittedly so I did enjoy watching the Tweenies strangely, but god it does get annoying. Balamory was one of those ones I hated. I wanted to punch that woman who worked in the nursery!!!

I have to say childrens TV has got worse nowadays. What happened to good old Post Man Pat and Thomas the tank engine? :(

suicidalpostie

my wee boy has now progressed to ben 10 and the likes

thank god but when he was younger he would watch big

cook little cook(or big peed little peed) which me and the

missus renamed it.two crazy dudes who now host a show on

nutstv how ironic is that

:wacko::dribble::wacko::dribble:

My wee lad has gave up on alot of the above mentioned programmes and has moved on to Tom and Jerry...............Top Tunes.!!!

I have suffered Cbeebies for years and years. My lot have now progressed to Nickelodeon and the Disney channel.

Now I have a new arrival, so Cbeebies is back on the horizon.....

The Old Tolbooth
I have suffered Cbeebies for years and years. My lot have now progressed to Nickelodeon and the Disney channel.

Now I have a new arrival, so Cbeebies is back on the horizon.....

Christ that was quick getting back online!! :D

Hearts of Vladland
my wee boy has now progressed to ben 10 and the likes

thank god but when he was younger he would watch big

cook little cook(or big peed little peed) which me and the

missus renamed it.two crazy dudes who now host a show on

nutstv how ironic is that

:wacko::dribble::wacko::dribble:

They also done crash test dumbies on sky three

Buffalo Bill

Granny Murray/Me Too is a strange one.

A bunch of freaks. What's the guy who works on the train all about?

Why does he dress like ****ing Dr Who?

And the woman who drives the taxi is just plain evil looking.

I like the song though..."I'm on my way, to work again...".

PC Plum likes plums.

Buffalo Bill

Christ that was quick getting back online!! :D

I'm waitin on ma brakes gettin sorted in Farmer autocare in Dunfy! Usin their incredibly slow internet!

Is Harry and his Bucketful of Dino's on the telly?

When? Where? My boy goes ape for the book so if on tv too...

Play Disney (free with Sky family package) channel 611

Also gotta agree with BB re. Me Too and Balamory - distinct lack of positive role models amongst 'em.

You've got the weirdo on the train in Riverseafingall or the campest polisman ever in Balamory...where you can find a kilt-wearing worst-inventor-in-the-world living in a pink castle.

Thankfully the youngest has (with help) found Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo.

Harry Palmer

Charlie and Lola rocks, in a strange way!

Is 'Mona the Vampire' still on? (I think that's what it's called)

(Thanks to my niece and nephews...):)

Buffalo Bill

The sole purpose of ?Brum? is to simply highlight what a brutally ugly city Birmingham is.

Buffalo Bill

BB, it's high time you evolved and tuned in to Sponge Bob, Jimmy Neutron and The Fairly Odd-Parents (my current fave) - adults can have a good laugh most of the time.

Jimmy's Mum (Judy) is hot!:P

I recently went to see the Cbeebies show at the Playhouse, where the "star" was PC Plum. My two year son loved it but PC Plum is a lot camper close up and wear's more make-up than Boy George!

It was like being a cult gathering but it's re-assuring to see that I am not the only one who has to suffer this channel. Agree they have to be on acid to come up with the programmes - I don't get "in the night garden" and can't se how can it possibly be educational!

Guest GhostHunter

Just remembered - there's a prog on cbeebies (can't remember the name), but is meant to be Glasgow, when in reality, is filmed in the Weej, Edinburgh and Manchester....

Also, on the same programme, the Fruit n Veg seller, is actually blind in real life, yet they insist on portraying him as a sighted person ...dont know what it is, but I find that kinda offensive - it's hard to explain to a 5yr old, why he has a white stick and the programme actually puts him across as a sighted person....

Buffalo Bill
Just remembered - there's a prog on cbeebies (can't remember the name), but is meant to be Glasgow, when in reality, is filmed in the Weej, Edinburgh and Manchester....

Also, on the same programme, the Fruit n Veg seller, is actually blind in real life, yet they insist on portraying him as a sighted person ...dont know what it is, but I find that kinda offensive - it's hard to explain to a 5yr old, why he has a white stick and the programme actually puts him across as a sighted person....

That's 'Me Too', with Granny Murray.

There's a bit of Newcastle in there too.

I get the impression that Granny Murray has bodies under her fireplace. I can see right through the evil cow.

Buffalo Bill

Commander Harris

it's not meant to be anywhere.

THe residents of Tobermory got so ****ed off with the balamory tourists that when the Beeb were making another show they made sure it used a variety of locations.

My wee lad has gave up on alot of the above mentioned programmes and has moved on to Tom and Jerry...............Top Tunes.!!!

Great cartoon mate.. Tom and jerry has got to be one of the best cartoons ever..

My wee nieces watch cbeebies all the time when there round at mines, It does ma head inn,lol.. Especially balamory..

Im trying to get them into tom and jerry but there having none of it,lol..

I get the impression that Granny Murray has bodies under her fireplace. I can see right through the evil cow.

I've never looked at Granny Murray in the same light since the Still Game festive episode:eek::eek::eek:

Charlie and Lola is great. I used to enjoy the Powerpuff Girls too, but you don't see that so much these days, Mojo Jojo was genuinely funny.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lEMqVSb6TMg

When my number one son was 2 I took him see a live Noddy at the Kings. I got very confused when I found myself becoming increasingly attracted to Noddy.

A dark secret I kept to myself for many years until discovering that Noddy had been played by none other than Sarah Jane Honeywell

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nD51-6j_DN0&feature=related

I feel a bit creepy, but less so...

My girlfriend and I were looking after her 3 year old neice the other day and had the cbeebies channel on.

My observations were that kids programmes aren't a patch on the ones I had when I was growing up, they are simply preachy and weird nowadays.

However, Iggle Piggle and the Macapacca from 'In the night garden' where my favourite characters.

Maybe someone can explain though, as to why, the Macapacca goes around washing stuff in the forest?

chester copperpot
At least none of you are subjected to Dora the ****ing Explorer!!

We have Dora curtains, Dora duvets, Dora wallpaper, every Dora doll/toy ever released and every item of clothing my 2 year old daughter owns is Dora!! :mad:

sounds very familiar to my 2 year old as well. If I see another Dora item it will be too soon.

sounds very familiar to my 2 year old as well. If I see another Dora item it will be too soon.

OH MAN!!!

swiper_clr_01.gif

I love CBeebies really.

pc_plum_150_150x180.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Dude - Do not EVER slag off doodle do. :evilno:

Simply the best program on the telly at the moment - only mock the week gets close to it in terms of humour. I am going to start a "put doodle do on at primetime" campaign :)

Archived