Rangers sign...............

Walter Bishop

Anyone remember that Argentinian boy they signed a few seasons back? Was meant to be the new Maradona but scored about 4 goals (2 of which in the Diddy Cup or something) and got humped back to where he came from before long.

Can see this happening here; if he was that good, he wouldn't be at Rangers. Simple as.

Ibrahim Tall

He was one of the best players in the game in Football Manager if thats counts? :P

Seriously though, supposedly a decent prospect. Not bad signing for them unfortunetly.

Ibrahim Tall
Anyone remember that Argentinian boy they signed a few seasons back? Was meant to be the new Maradona but scored about 4 goals (2 of which in the Diddy Cup or something) and got humped back to where he came from before long.

Can see this happening here; if he was that good, he wouldn't be at Rangers. Simple as.

Nieto or something i think?

Nucky Thompson

He could be anything IMO. Smacks of desperation to keep the Hun masses a wee bit quiet.

The Old Tolbooth

Or being loaned out to the mighty Iraklis :rolleyes:

Goose Baxter
He is awesome in Football Manager :D

Ideal JamboLad, an bit has been made in FM and we shall see how he goes in the team

Ryan Gosling

If he's that good why do Rangers have him for two years on loan at an age where he should be breaking into the team, PLUS an agreed fee?

Ibrahim Tall
If he's that good why do Rangers have him for two years on loan at an age where he should be breaking into the team, PLUS an agreed fee?

Same could be said for Marc Crosas to be fair, wouldn't suprise me if Valencia have a buy back clause included themselves.

Ryan Gosling
Same could be said for Marc Crosas to be fair, wouldn't suprise me if Valencia have a buy back clause included themselves.

Same is being said of Marc Crosas. ?415,000 for a 'wonderkid' ?

Ibrahim Tall

It's not really ?415,000 though is it? Adds up to about ?1.1m being paid by Celtic plus his wages with Barca being able to get him back within 2 years for ?1.5m.

Barca basically paying ?400,000 to Celtic to develop a player for them and give him games and if he flops Barca can walk away with a ?1.1m profit.

Charlie-Brown

Rangers want to sign Loeven from Cardiff....Celtic consider making a bid.....Celtic sign an 'allegedly' promising youngster from a top La Liga club......Rangers sign an 'allegedly' promising youngster from a top La Liga club........Celtic try to sign Gordan Petric...Rangers gazump them........usual Old Firm nonsense......guys like Fleck & Furman at Ibrox must be absolutely delighted at this signing? :o

Drylaw Hearts
Lol, just looked on FF. They seem to think they're signing Clarance Seedorf tomorrow. :laugh:

This rumour came about because a half-cut Roughie annouced on RealWeejieRadio that Rangers are on the verge of signing a player from Milan.

Iraklis struggled at the bottom of the Greek league last year so this guy is clearly not going to be outstanding.

Especially if he's getting loaned out with an agreed fee for two years.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I signed Steve Pinau after a few years, he was quality.

Seems the real one is gash.

Guest Maroon Carpet

Aye, no doubt if Andy Driver scores a hatrick against Rangers on Saturday they will try what they did with Allan Johnston and make a move, I think even if he scores a winner against them they will try anything to annoy us like they have before.

I have seen folks say, ah but Driver has signed a 5 year contract, but of course look at the Jose Concalves situation, he signed a 2 or 3 year contract, only to be loaned out so that he will cost more to the team when they come to sign him after the loan is up.

All I am saying here is that it's a possibility that Vlad managed to tie him up for the 5 years with the hope that Rangers or anyone else for that matter will come in for him, of course all Hearts need to do is say he is not for sale, Laszlo got him to stay. so that is the main thing, and hopefully that goes for most of the players, it's Vlad that hopefully will stay out of these matters.

Seymour M Hersh
This rumour came about because a half-cut Roughie annouced on RealWeejieRadio that Rangers are on the verge of signing a player from Milan.

Only half-cut? Is he on the wagon?:107years:

This is happening a lot now, A big club (e.g. Valencia) loan out a young player (e.g. Aaron) whose not yet good enough for the first team to a small club (e.g. Rangers) to get first team experience. In return the small club get a player without having to spend money on a proper contract.

Good to see Murray Park pumping out more home grown talent.

A very good point.

R@ng*rs have a couple of young lads that are getting some decent reviews, Fleck and Shinnie. Both were regular bench players, very rarely getting in the team. They have one of the best facilities in the country yet they will not play their youngsters?

Under Smith first time round, they almost lost Barry Ferguson as he was not getting a game.

If I was a young player at R@ng*rs I would be looking for a move and pronto.

John Findlay

The name Juanjo springs to mind. I wonder where he is strutting his stuff nowadays.

John

Peter Olivers Army

Some recommendation that. I've even had Wyness scoring 30 a season for us in that.

Read in the paper today that apparently Chelsea and one of the big Italian teams were interested in him last season.

Were they ****. If they were, he wouldn't be being loaned out by Valencia and he wouldn't be signing for Rangers.

Im sure he might be a handy player but it does scream of desperation to keep the supporters happy. So much for the ?10m war-chest they are all banging on about.

Archived