sit-ye-ash-un of pubs in Glesga liksay!

scott_jambo

Where do us clean lot go to drink in Glasgow before games at Ibrox??

Stay in the city centre mate.

It's really not worth going anywhere near Hunbrox.

Commander Harris

I tend to stick to the town centre for pre-match drinks in glasgow.

Patrick Bateman

I had a pint in "The Glaswegian" in Ibrox a few months back. They had a "Vietnam Loyal" flag on the wall and syringes lying in the adjacent car park.

Lovely.

Jambo Martin
I had a pint in "The Glaswegian" in Ibrox a few months back. They had a "Vietnam Loyal" flag on the wall and syringes lying in the adjacent car park.

Lovely.

This pub is in Bridge St..... nowhere near Ibrox!!

the sit ye ash un ? are you related to that god awful woman that co hosts the breakfast show on talk 107 with Scott Wilson. That's how she pronounces it.

Patrick Bateman
This pub is in Bridge St..... nowhere near Ibrox!!

I was on a subcrawl, please excuse my geographical ignorance ;)

Any pub close to a subway station is worth avoiding, although strangely I've never had any bother in Brechin's at Govan Cross. If you're driving, the south side/shawlands is a reasonable bet, otherwise, Towncentre only. Avoid the Glaswegian. It also has permanent red white and blue bunting outside, a flute band inside, but curiously no car park. Perhaps the syringes were in bridge St subway park and ride. 2 miles from the stadium.

Jambo Martin
I was on a subcrawl, please excuse my geographical ignorance ;)

No prob mate! ;)

Going on a subcrawl next month before the Scotland World Cup game against Macedonia.

But your right about pubs around Ibrox being the worst in Glasgow if not Scotland!

The People's Chimp
No prob mate! ;)

Going on a subcrawl next month before the Scotland World Cup game against Macedonia.

But your right about pubs around Ibrox being the worst in Glasgow if not Scotland!

go to the laurieston and not the glaswegian.

Lovely.

I was in there on the way to the 06 cup final.............unbelievable ?

Bar maids had on orange T-shirts with some kind of 'loyal' slogan IIRC

A experience not to be repeated

Winston Ingram

City centre then Subway the best bet. Have never ventured into the hostelries of Paisley Rd but they don't look particularly appealing. That includes that manky Stadium Bar place opposite Ibrox station.

The People's Chimp
great pub!!!

it is a great wee pub. perfect for a pre gig pint if you're off to the academy.

You could make your way to one of the boozers on Ashton Lane in the West End and then jump on the underground at Hillhead to Ibrox.

You could make your way to one of the boozers on Ashton Lane in the West End and then jump on the underground at Hillhead to Ibrox.

I'd advise against that. The U will be so chocka full of disgusting huns, you wont be able to breathe. They are disgusting enough to see in another stand in a football stadium but would you really want to get any closer?

Bugsy Siegel

Time Square boozer is a decent pub, decent nosh as well if your wanting that, its right in the town centre and right outside the tube station.

Don't know what the Swallow Hotel on Paisley Rd near Ibrox is like. It has a public bar, but not sure what it's like on match day.

Agree with other posters. Better going for a beer in town and getting a taxi out there.

With the Squinty bridge open, there's an extra route over too..

Wherever you go in that cess pitt

Best of British to you and you will require a hot bath in this on your return

Dettol%20-%20Liquid%20(250ml).jpg

michael_bolton

Horseshoe Bar, magic. And a short stroll from either Buchanan Street or St Enoch Underground stations.

Nice price for bevvy, decent atmosphere. Magic. I'm going for an opening-time-er.:)

chester copperpot
279302201_8602c5c04b.jpg?v=0

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Great boozer and they let in hearts fans. Problem is that its no where near Ibrox.

I will be in Fairview bowling club sipping pints with the porty hearts lads.

Great boozer and they let in hearts fans. Problem is that its no where near Ibrox.

I will be in Fairview bowling club sipping pints with the porty hearts lads.

The one in the picture is in Duke Street, however there is also a Louden Tavern in Cessnock, a stones throw from hun brox. How any Hearts fan can describe them as 'great pubs' is beyond me.

I would echo the thoughts of those who say the Horseshoe Bar, you can get pie, beans and chips in there for around ?3 as well. Most places in the city centre are fine though.

The one in the picture is in Duke Street, however there is also a Louden Tavern in Cessnock, a stones throw from hun brox. How any Hearts fan can describe them as 'great pubs' is beyond me.

I would echo the thoughts of those who say the Horseshoe Bar, you can get pie, beans and chips in there for around ?3 as well. Most places in the city centre are fine though.

Indeed. I swear they have even painted the railings and the pipes blue. Absolutely terrifying.

eh they can be described as great pubs because we are welcomed there and treated hospitably ,whether you like the reasons for that is another matter but it does not negate from the fact you tend to like public houses where you are welcomed

Jambo Martin
go to the laurieston and not the glaswegian.

4 subcrawls in the last 10 years with the Glasgow Hearts and we always stopped off at the Laurieston.

Remember it having a sign in the bar saying "NO WOMEN ALLOWED"!! :eek:

15 Stops on the Subway. Start and Finish at Times Square.

16 Drinks in total.

Archived