Still in hunt for striker?

JAMMY

after getting tullberg on loan for the season do you thing csaba is still targeting another striker?i think we need a pacey goalscorer.

after getting tullberg on loan for the season do you thing csaba is still targeting another striker?i think we need a pacey goalscorer.

I think we do, but it is all about priorities now. Assuming Obua is to play at left back, I would say that we need to sign a right back, commanding centre half, attacking midfielder and a poacher of a striker. Now we have Tullberg, I would rather we turned our attention to other positions.

Paul Gallagher is available on loan from Blackburn

Funny, I thought he'd be a good signing, when I read he was available.

Greedy_Jambo

I hope we are still looking for a goalscorer. Imagin if we had to rely on mole,makela and nade for the rest of the season.....

Doesn't bare thinking about.

I know we have tullberg now but what if he gets injured or (touch wood) turns out to be a dud.

In a word, no. If we are not going to play with 2 proper strikers up front then why have more that Nade,Glen, Tullberg, Mole and, er, Makela & Elliot? Especially when Branny and Robinson may get the occasional opportunity this season too...

monkfish1979

Csaba seems to rate Nade and Mole, and with Tullberg signing, I don't think he'll see any need for more strikers. I would imagine that a new GK is the main target. Fair do's IMO. It's probably worth writing last season's performances off as a 10 month abberration, given the conditions they were (n't) working under. Most players seem to have started with a clean slate under Csaba.

We're a bit inundated with strikers at the moment. I wouldn't expect him to bring in any more after getting his target man. Glen might just be that poacher we need, time will tell.

I think a right back, an experienced centre back and a left sided winger should be higher up on the list of priorities.

Mikey Stewart showed enough flashes at the weekend to suggest that he could be that box to box midfielder we desperately need, it really depends on what Csaba see's his role in the team as.

We'd need a better second striker to challenge at the top, but given thats not really what we are about these days I am guessing we'll make do. Tullberg and Obua should still see us improve on 8th though

Drylaw Hearts

I think another striker is needed and I think we'll get one soon.

Nade, Mole and Tullberg don't appear to be the type that will burst the net on a regular basis.

Elliot is as good as away and Makela has proven to be a complete donkey.

It is a big burden for Gary Glen to be the only striker that looks to have goals in his game.

Tullberg, Mole, Nade and Glen don't sound too bad to me.

Makela and Elliott can go spin on it.

I'd rather we got a proper right back and an experienced centre half.

After reading another thread about Driver going to Rangers(ironically in the build up to playing them!) , why not wind them up and go for Kris Boyd? More realistically, we might have a better chance of getting Allan Gow but it would be nice to give them a taste of their own medicine none the less!

ArmiyaRomanova
Csaba seems to rate Nade and Mole, and with Tullberg signing, I don't think he'll see any need for more strikers. I would imagine that a new GK is the main target. Fair do's IMO. It's probably worth writing last season's performances off as a 10 month abberration, given the conditions they were (n't) working under. Most players seem to have started with a clean slate under Csaba.

That what I imagine the thinking is - I'd like to see more of Nade (not in the weight department), and Tullberg's a very interesting prospect. With Makela, Mole, Ksanavicius and maybe Glen also in the running, that'll be our lot for the moment.

However, if we're obviously struggling by the end of the year, I'd expect to see a couple of new faces then.

I do think we need someone that can play that second striker role, drop off, create and also score goals. Dare I say it but Riordan would be perfect.

But I can't see us bringing in another striker until someone else leaves.

That type of stirker/creative midfielder and a right back should be the priority. Come to think of it a experienced centre back would be lovely as well.

I think we could do with a finisher but I don't think we'll get one for some reason.

Shabba seems to rate 'Jimmy' Mole and might just leave it at that.

I'd like another striker. Tullberg, Nade, Mole and Glen isn't quite enough for a season. Elliot looks like he'll go away on loan and I won't include Makela since I was listing footballers.

There are still doubts over how Nade and Mole will do and Glen is still young. Hopefully Tullberg can do well but one more striker would help take some of the pressure of Mole and Glen.

Ibrahim Tall
Paul Gallagher is available on loan from Blackburn

Gallagher scored one goal in 19 games for Preston last year, and 0 in 7 for Stoke the same season.

He's barely even scored for Blackburn, don't rate him tbh, even in comparison with what we've currently got.

siegementality
Gallagher scored one goal in 19 games for Preston last year, and 0 in 7 for Stoke the same season.

He's barely even scored for Blackburn, don't rate him tbh, even in comparison with what we've currently got.

Gallagher would do well up here. Are you seriously saying that he is on a par with what we've got? DRUGS TEST!

As for strike ratios we've just signed a "striker" who scored 2 in 28 hardly makes him lethal but it doesn't stop folk on here raving about him, and they've never even seen him fecking play!!!

EDIT: My apologies 50% of our new strikers goal tally is on YOUTUBE.

Ibrahim Tall
Gallagher would do well up here. Are you seriously saying that he is on a par with what we've got? DRUGS TEST!

As for strike ratios we've just signed a "striker" who scored 2 in 28 hardly makes him lethal but it doesn't stop folk on here raving about him, and they've never even seen him fecking play!!!

EDIT: My apologies 50% of our new strikers goal tally is on YOUTUBE.

What we currently have is pish, but it's pish on far far less per week than Gallagher gets at Blackburn, which if we were to take him on loan we'd have to pay.

Just because Clums ****e doesn't mean Gallagher isn't aswell.

siegementality
What we currently have is pish, but it's pish on far far less per week than Gallagher gets at Blackburn, which if we were to take him on loan we'd have to pay.

Just because Clums ****e doesn't mean Gallagher isn't aswell.

Loan deals can work a number of different ways and it is far from the case that the club taking a player on loan is responsible for all his wages, it's usually a proportion, on average probably half.

Gallagher made his debut for Blackburn in the EPL aged 18. He has played in the EPL for Blackburn and the Championship for Preston and Stoke. His wikipedia page says he's scored 20 times, with 10 assists in 100 appearances which includes subs appearances. More often than not he has been played as a winger.

If you seriously think that Gallagher wouldn't improve our team and is on a par with Clum, Mole, etc, well, what's the fecking point in talking to you.

siegementality
can i ask,who is going to score 20+ goals from the names mentioned?

None of them. We haven't addressed that problem.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts haven't had a striker score 20 goals in absolutely donkeys years - Hartley & Skacel got close with 17 / 18 each but they were attacking midfielders.

I don't think Laszlo will be prioritising another striker - he will use Tullberg / Nade as the senior striker options whilst looking to progress Mole, Glen, Templeton, Ryan Wallace etc.

Makela will be a subs bench option at best unless we're decimated by injuries / suspensions.

Ibrahim Tall
Loan deals can work a number of different ways and it is far from the case that the club taking a player on loan is responsible for all his wages, it's usually a proportion, on average probably half.

Gallagher made his debut for Blackburn in the EPL aged 18. He has played in the EPL for Blackburn and the Championship for Preston and Stoke. His wikipedia page says he's scored 20 times, with 10 assists in 100 appearances which includes subs appearances. More often than not he has been played as a winger.

If you seriously think that Gallagher wouldn't improve our team and is on a par with Clum, Mole, etc, well, what's the fecking point in talking to you.

Even if we're only paying half that's still about ?10k a week. :rolleyes:

?10k a week on a striker who can't score goals and has never played in the SPL.

Whether he's better than Clum is not the point, it's stupid money and he isn't anywhere near worth that wage. A striker of far better quality could easily be got if we're willing to pay that much.

siegementality
Even if we're only paying half that's still about ?10k a week. :rolleyes:

?10k a week on a striker who can't score goals and has never played in the SPL.

Whether he's better than Clum is not the point, it's stupid money and he isn't anywhere near worth that wage. A striker of far better quality could easily be got if we're willing to pay that much.

One problem with your arguement, you don't know how much Gallagher gets paid.

I'm not debating wether there are better strikers out there for the same or less money, my point is Paul Gallagher is better than any forward we currently have, you stated that he wasn't, unless you think any of our forwards could play for Blackburn.

Ibrahim Tall
One problem with your arguement, you don't know how much Gallagher gets paid.

I'm not debating wether there are better strikers out there for the same or less money, my point is Paul Gallagher is better than any forward we currently have, you stated that he wasn't, unless you think any of our forwards could play for Blackburn.

And neither do you, i do know however it's pretty decent amount as Souness gave him a big long term contract shortly after his debut thinking he was a "Wonderkid". Was round about the same time the idiot Vogts capped him.

Firstly, i was talking in terms of value, i'd rather have a ****e striker on peanuts than a pish striker on big money, i've even repeated that in the last two replies. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is better than any striker we have, doesn't mean he's a worthwhile target.

Given that Rangers are looking to unload players just now - I would not be surprised to see us going in for Alan Gow again. He would suit the formation being played just now playing just off the front man.

Archived