How bad is River City?!

Jimbinho

Drug addicts, incest, tracksuits, underage alcoholics, teenage mums, knife crime and ****my lawyers trying to murder their mothers.

Seems like they have managed to properly capture weegie culture.

A scottish program(99% b*llox) about a bunch of vile inbreds from the most hatefilled vile place on the planet.

I'd rather watch my cat get run over

Patrick Bateman

The BBC really is a farce for producing and funding drivel like River City. They're more interesting in utterly pointless mince like "The House of Saddam" than anything which is remotely relevent to its target audience. Still, it's streets ahead of (Sh)ITV

Just to answer the OP's question. The programme is looked on as a training school for the whole the of BBC Scotland's production team. It gives work to up and coming actors of varying degrees of skill and believability as well as keeping some of the well kent on the screen; as surprisingly many people have a fondness for the work of Johnny Beattie, Eileen Mccallum etc. Significantly though it allows, set designers, script writers, costume designers, producers, cameramen etc. the chance to work within the deadlines of modern television and at the level of skill required to help develop our indigenous film and TV industry. Like any serial, it's content and quality varies, but is it really any worse than other London based BBC efforts in the same genre?

Archived