Tresor Mputu & Ahmed Masli links....

Fozu

Bit speculative but I notice at various points you have been linked with these pair of African league based strikers. I follow Hearts because of 'Larry' as you call him as I'm a Ghana fan. I watch ANC all the time and these strikers would be quality for you. I hope you get them (I think Masli is on trial and the more recent link) would be really good and I think Mputu really is going to be a future African star he was brilliant at 2006 and scores regularly in African Champions League.. as does Masli actually.

Tullberg looks solid hold up with a decent strike rate to boot. I really would like Kingston to win the league this year and I believe with your coach, youth team and the above signings you can do it!!!

I can't find much more on the Masli trial at Hearts though...

heartsfc_fan

Well thanks! :)

We won't win the league this season, but maybe one of the other cups ;)

Guest JamboRobbo

Cheers for the info.

:food-smiley-004:

Unless you're a hobo on the wind up. In which case I'm sure Dexter will be along in a wee minute to get you.

Bit speculative but I notice at various points you have been linked with these pair of African league based strikers. I follow Hearts because of 'Larry' as you call him as I'm a Ghana fan. I watch ANC all the time and these strikers would be quality for you. I hope you get them (I think Masli is on trial and the more recent link) would be really good and I think Mputu really is going to be a future African star he was brilliant at 2006 and scores regularly in African Champions League.. as does Masli actually.

Tullberg looks solid hold up with a decent strike rate to boot. I really would like Kingston to win the league this year and I believe with your coach, youth team and the above signings you can do it!!!

Welcome aboard Fozu

Never heard of Masli, but he has a very good scoring record at international level

As for Mputu, I think he is a bit out of our league, as he is very highly rated and has been linked with some very big clubs

Where did you hear they were linked with us?

monkfish1979

Not heard anything about a trial. Maybe somebody that's been down to training recently can confirm/deny. There are some cracking African players about, but I reckon there'd be huge difficulties in getting a wp for a player from Libya - unless I googled the wrong guy! Cheers for the info, though!

monkfish1979
sign him!

That's the best foul I've ever seen. Right in the stones! That the kind of abuse Castlemilk deserves!!

I put a bet on you to win the league straight after you got George Burley... I was gutted when he left!!!

The impression I get is that you will get one more striker to play off Tullberg one with real 'talent' which Masli, Mputu or this Peruvian Hernan Rengifo (Football rumours I know!!!) I was half hoping Larry might recommend one of our front players but that doesn't seem to have happened yet, Prince Tagoe plays in UAE at the moment and I thought he may have been recommended but not yet.... :)

Obua is quality aswell I've rated him for ages and the South African league is a decent marker/transition to Europe... Benjani for example played well there before heading to Switzerland... Same goes for Shabani Nonda who did well in France and with Blackburn... Now Galatasary, Chris Katongo Zambia captain now at Bielefeld is another good example. Quite good pay and faciliies there

I think you can win the league seriously.... I think you need 2 out of the 3 above and you are there. You have some of the best attacking midfield options in the SPL lots of good lefties aswell..... Nade, Makela, Mole, Glen should all come on well if challenged by two real 'talents' upfront as it will give something to 'aspire' to.

I'm really surprised at Makela at the moment.... But I guess goalscorers don't need great technique outside th box and unfortuantely he is trying to do things he isn't good at for some reason!!!

Seriously lads i reckon this league can be won. I like your signings and the young Scots players like Berra, Wallace, Thomson etc. I watched that U-19 final you got to a couple of years back when Wallance and Steve Flecher & Calum Eliot all played. Good stuff!!!

jambo edinburgh

found out a small bit bout tresor but what positions do the both play

I know Steve Fletcher is Hibs..!!!!

The Mputu link was from Jan 2008... When you were in Germany I believe? I hope this is right. They were talking about a 500,000 deal but I haven't heard much since but he is still at his Congo club so it could still be done I assume. Real player I tell you. Hot head but can skin and man and finish/pass. Would be like Rico Fuller.

Masli is 28 real touch player for Libya regularly scores internationally for not the worst but not the strongest team either.. 29 in 45 I believe. He is supposed to be on trial at the moment according to some links I saw to day.. I may try to refind them and post. Infact the Libyan league is a League Larry played in some years ago. Again some decent money there. Patrick Mboma and Ikpeba have also played there.

Masli would be quality for you. I am convinced of all these liks you will sign one real international forward to play off this Tullberg who looks decent... The rest of your team is pretty sorted especially if that Hungary keeper signs to help Banks.

Believe guys. I really want Hearts to win this year. Good for you & for Larry!!!!

jambo edinburgh

Just to say ive just found out that Mtupu has in the the past been on trial with Arsenal, Chelsea and some Championship teams but they all rejected him so who knows

I put a bet on you to win the league straight after you got George Burley... I was gutted when he left!!!

!

You follow Hearts because of Larry but put a bet on us when Burley came along, 2 years before Larry arrived?? Then you make reference to Fuller who was with us years ago...

:rolleyes:

That said you seem to know a lot about both UK and African football

Are you a UK born Ghanian in the UK - if you get me, or are you in Africa?

The Mputu link was from Jan 2008... When you were in Germany I believe? I hope this is right. They were talking about a 500,000 deal but I haven't heard much since but he is still at his Congo club so it could still be done I assume. Real player I tell you. Hot head but can skin and man and finish/pass. Would be like Rico Fuller.

Masli is 28 real touch player for Libya regularly scores internationally for not the worst but not the strongest team either.. 29 in 45 I believe. He is supposed to be on trial at the moment according to some links I saw to day.. I may try to refind them and post. Infact the Libyan league is a League Larry played in some years ago. Again some decent money there. Patrick Mboma and Ikpeba have also played there.

Masli would be quality for you. I am convinced of all these liks you will sign one real international forward to play off this Tullberg who looks decent... The rest of your team is pretty sorted especially if that Hungary keeper signs to help Banks.

Believe guys. I really want Hearts to win this year. Good for you & for Larry!!!!

Um, sounds like you've been supporting Hearts for quite some time before 'Larry' arrived (although you cited this as your reason for following us) what with the references to Burley, Fuller and the old 'Believe' tag at the end there...

:hobofish::hobofish::107years::107years:

Is Tresor Mputu Congolese? I watched a documentary about the struggles of the Congolese national team (lack of funding, accomodation during away matches etc) and a player by the name of Tresor Mputu Mabi was touted as the next big thing.

Is it the same player? He was small, quick, skillful and a fans favourite.

Gave yourself away mate

Enjoy your relegation battle

haha and it was going so well up to this point............................

get a life........................... :hobofish:

Lads this isn't a windup!?!? Yeah I bet on Hearts long before Larry turned up because you were long odds but I knew Vlad (at that time) was coming with dough and Burley had talent.

I did watch you U-19 team and thought they were pretty solid.... Steve Fletcher was in that team no? Or was he injured? Why do you think its a windup because I mentioned him?

I have definitely seen these links mooted but I must admit perhaps I've jumped the gun a little. Both players are still available though I everything I said still stands.

Definitely want you to win the league!!!

Hearts of Vladland
Lads this isn't a windup!?!? Yeah I bet on Hearts long before Larry turned up because you were long odds but I knew Vlad (at that time) was coming with dough and Burley had talent.

I did watch you U-19 team and thought they were pretty solid.... Steve Fletcher was in that team no? Or was he injured? Why do you think its a windup because I mentioned him?

I have definitely seen these links mooted but I must admit perhaps I've jumped the gun a little. Both players are still available though I everything I said still stands.

Definitely want you to win the league!!!

It has took the mods there time to tell us if this is a wind up or not.

Sydney from Sydney
sign him!

As good as it gets eh !!

You can't beat a good boot in the baws from the back.

Imagine that on "spot the ball".

siegementality

The impression I get is that you will get one more striker to play off Tullberg one with real 'talent' which Masli, Mputu or this Peruvian Hernan Rengifo (Football rumours I know!!!) I was half hoping Larry might recommend one of our front players but that doesn't seem to have happened yet, Prince Tagoe plays in UAE at the moment and I thought he may have been recommended but not yet.... :)

Obua is quality aswell I've rated him for ages and the South African league is a decent marker/transition to Europe... Benjani for example played well there before heading to Switzerland... Same goes for Shabani Nonda who did well in France and with Blackburn... Now Galatasary, Chris Katongo Zambia captain now at Bielefeld is another good example. Quite good pay and faciliies there

I think you can win the league seriously.... I think you need 2 out of the 3 above and you are there. You have some of the best attacking midfield options in the SPL lots of good lefties aswell..... Nade, Makela, Mole, Glen should all come on well if challenged by two real 'talents' upfront as it will give something to 'aspire' to.

I'm really surprised at Makela at the moment.... But I guess goalscorers don't need great technique outside th box and unfortuantely he is trying to do things he isn't good at for some reason!!!

Seriously lads i reckon this league can be won. I like your signings and the young Scots players like Berra, Wallace, Thomson etc. I watched that U-19 final you got to a couple of years back when Wallance and Steve Flecher & Calum Eliot all played. Good stuff!!!

All good African terms right enough, many people walking about Ghana feeling "gutted" that Burley left?

Why do you think this is a windup? I would have a british IP Address because thats where I live. But for example I watched this African Nations live because it was held in my home country Ghana.

I can't see anything I've said that's out of order...

menstrie1874

Don't get me wrong on this I have no problem with anybody playing for hearts as long as they want to play for the badge.

my only issue I would have with signing to many african internationalists is that we would lose them for nearly two months every year for the cup of nations. This may not be a problem for big clubs with large squads but I thought we were cutting the squad size and weeding out the rubbish?

Don't get me wrong on this I have no problem with anybody playing for hearts as long as they want to play for the badge.

my only issue I would have with signing to many african internationalists is that we would lose them for nearly two months every year for the cup of nations. This may not be a problem for big clubs with large squads but I thought we were cutting the squad size and weeding out the rubbish?

The Cup of Nations is only on every 2 years is it not?

Guest JamboRobbo
Why do you think this is a windup? I would have a british IP Address because thats where I live. But for example I watched this African Nations live because it was held in my home country Ghana.

I can't see anything I've said that's out of order...

It's just the usual JKB paranoia mate - if you say something that isn't what people want to hear, and you've not posted enough, people assume your a hobo at the wind up and start having a go.

just ignore them.

Any more info on these players?

Clark Griswold

This guy seems to think 'Steve Flecher' is a jambo.

OR is he dropping radar ears' nmae in there so we dont think this is a wind up?

:hobofish::107years::107years::hobofish:

It's just the usual JKB paranoia mate - if you say something that isn't what people want to hear, and you've not posted enough, people assume your a hobo at the wind up and start having a go.

He was posting something people do want to hear though.

just ignore them.

Any more info on these players?

I agree JR........its quick, easy and 'smart'* to have a go at a poster with relatively few posts.

The guy is obviusly more knowledgable on African football matters than all the hobo-labellers who should give the guy a chance and be more mature and considerate.

:(

This guy seems to think 'Steve Flecher' is a jambo.

OR is he dropping radar ears' nmae in there so we dont think this is a wind up?

:hobofish::107years::107years::hobofish:

I think he's talking about Scotland when he's talking about Steven Fletcher

Seriously lads i reckon this league can be won.

Surprised your interest in Hearts began then - that was ages before "Larry", as we call him, signed for us.

Do Africans use phrases such as "Seriously lads"?:hobofish:

I've lived in England... well from birth!!!! I lived in Ghana when very young and go back regulalrly and keep up to date with the footie obviously. Hence the use of the 'Lads' expression!!!!:)

Mate I'm obsessed with footieI follow alsorts hence why I picked up on Hearts when Romanov joined. I can name Iraq's backline from memory since they won the Asian cup.. I just like footie!!!

On these striker links all seems to be quiet frankly. I haven't seen much extra on them. But as people have been posting I think you need more strikers for definite. Surprised I can't find more links for you with these guys as they seem very good potential signings and available. I'll keep looking around anyway.

Quick point on 'Larry' as you call him.... He is Right mid for Ghana because Essien/Appiah or Annan usually play centrally so I would say he can play there at club leel he is generally CM like at Lokomotiv and Terek Grozny. He's versatile.

Surprised you are saying he is not tracking back... He always does for Ghana but I suppose there is a bit more pressure on his place for Ghana with due respect to Hearts. If he is slacking a abit Csaba is right to hook him. Dissapointed to hear that.

Really hope you get these strikers in to complement Tullberg or your season will be ruined because Csaba seems a good coach and definitely did a great job with Uganda. They mised out on the last ANC by one goal!!! Real solid coach but you'll need 2 top centre forwards and you will be away!!!

If we are ever to win anything, Larry will have to stop "hiding" his very obvious talents.

So far he has been of little benefit to our cause.

Archived