Manchester City

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Looks like they are going into a total meltdown. Stephen Ireland and Vedran Corluka nearly sold behind the back of Mark Hughes.

It is looking like he will resign!

Any kickbackers follow City? What the hells going on? We've had our fair share of issues with Vlad but Thaksin Shinawatra seems a lot worse!

Guest JamboRobbo
We've had our fair share of issues with Vlad but Thaksin Shinawatra seems a lot worse!

From a football perspective, what do you think makes him worse?

loveofthegame

Always thought Hughes was stupid taking that job. He'd done very well to build an excellent side at Blackburn, and whilst he possibly thought he'd taken them as far as he could, taking the City job was always gonna be very risky.

He should have looked at what happened to Sven and seen the warning signs.

Always thought Hughes was stupid taking that job. He'd done very well to build an excellent side at Blackburn, and whilst he possibly thought he'd taken them as far as he could, taking the City job was always gonna be very risky.

He should have looked at what happened to Sven and seen the warning signs.

Sounds a bit like the Hearts job.

brellierlegend

His off field problems will clearly have a knock on effect with the way he will run the club. I believe 800 million worth of assets have been frozen and it is looking less likely he is going to get it back. Plus reports surfacing today are suggesting he is about to withdraw his backing.

I think that leaves them in a worse position than we are currently facing.

However, I am aware we could end up going down the same route.

Guest JamboRobbo
His off field problems will clearly have a knock on effect with the way he will run the club. I believe 800 million worth of assets have been frozen and it is looking less likely he is going to get it back. Plus reports surfacing today are suggesting he is about to withdraw his backing.

I think that leaves them in a worse position than we are currently facing.

However, I am aware we could end up going down the same route.

Fair enough mate, I though you were meaning the football interference side of thigns. :)

From a football perspective its too early to say. The next few weeks will determine that. From what i have read Corluka has already agreed a deal at Spurs, when Hughes found out he went ballistic and vetoed the deal. Unfortunatly Spurs concluded things from their end and have threatened legal action to prevent him going back to City. If these players are sold (Ireland also) without Hughes say then he will be off before the season starts i would suggest. That leaves them in a pretty perilous situation with regards there prospects for the season and that does not take into account the fall out from Thaskin's criminal trials.

brellierlegend
Fair enough mate, I though you were meaning the football interference side of thigns. :)

No. Was meaning the current position with the owner etc. I accept that we are pretty similar when it comes to interference. Just hoping that Vlad leaves Csaba to get on with the job.

Guest JamboRobbo
From a football perspective its too early to say. The next few weeks will determine that.

Agreed. But even if he sells a few players behind the gaffers back, he'll only be playing catch up to what Vlads already done.

From a non-football perspective - I must admit I don't know enough to begin commenting on it all but he soudns a right dodgy geezer.

BangkokHearts

I warned everybody here what would happen with Thaksin at Citeh.

What can you expect from a man that ordered the extra-judicial murder of several thousand suspected criminals?

I cannot believe the UK would even consider giving this criminal political asylum.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I warned everybody here what would happen with Thaksin at Citeh.

What can you expect from a man that ordered the extra-judicial murder of several thousand suspected criminals?

I cannot believe the UK would even consider giving this criminal political asylum.

They will though.

There will be political pressure on not to damage the EPL brand.

Only a section of the City fans and Mark Huges did'nt see this coming a mile off. I feel a bit sorry for them, in the space of a year they have been given hope of greater things and now look like they are going to have it taken away. This is an(other) area where Germany are leading the way - They try to make sure their clubs don't sell out to rich foreign investors and make sure the clubs live within their means. The situation in England and Spain is becoming ridiculous and IMO is not sustainable, if Man City fall apart it won't be the first or the last 'meltdown'.

brellierlegend
Only a section of the City fans and Mark Huges did'nt see this coming a mile off. I feel a bit sorry for them, in the space of a year they have been given hope of greater things and now look like they are going to have it taken away. This is an(other) area where Germany are leading the way - They try to make sure their clubs don't sell out to rich foreign investors and make sure the clubs live within their means. The situation in England and Spain is becoming ridiculous and IMO is not sustainable, if Man City fall apart it won't be the first or the last 'meltdown'.

I agree. It is potentially very dangerous to allow this type of foreign investment. Especially when a lot of these guys seem a little odd. I think only Randy Lerner at Villa seems to have the good intentions of Villa in his heart for definate.

The Glazers and Hicks and Gillet have put their respective clubs in massive debt. Abramovic has given Chelski an interest free debt of 700 million whilst Thaksin at City seems like a nightmare.

p.s. I suppose Gaydamak at Pompey has done a decent job so far.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I agree. It is potentially very dangerous to allow this type of foreign investment. Especially when a lot of these guys seem a little odd. I think only Randy Lerner at Villa seems to have the good intentions of Villa in his heart for definate.

The Glazers and Hicks and Gillet have put their respective clubs in massive debt. Abramovic has given Chelski an interest free debt of 700 million whilst Thaksin at City seems like a nightmare.

p.s. I suppose Gaydamak at Pompey has done a decent job so far.

Disagree in one sense. The Premiership is massive now so the league has moved on from the spivs that used to run the clubs in the heydays of the 60s and 70s (which led to no investment in grounds and led to disasters like Bradford and Hillsborough) to these rich "gentlemen" who sail closer to the wind but with a lot more cash in their back pockets.

Archived