Janos B?logh

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I'm Hungarian and have read about this transfer on various hungarian internet news pages. The lad used to be the 1st keeper but they signed some macedonian international, who is now their first choice. from what they suggest he mustnt have cost too much.

The Old Tolbooth
Hi all, I'm Hungarian and have read about this transfer on various hungarian internet news pages. The lad used to be the 1st keeper but they signed some macedonian international, who is now their first choice. from what they suggest he mustnt have cost too much.

Hello Ferencvaros and welcome :)

How good a keeper is he? Can you give us any more info on him please?

Thanks

Chad Sexington

Hi there.

Is Balogh any good?

Ray Winstone

Did the website not say it was a Montenegran international?

Hello Ferencvaros and welcome :)

How good a keeper is he? Can you give us any more info on him please?

Thanks

for a start, he comes for a team which i truly hated most of my life :)

Since we got banned from the top flight I don't really follow what's going on there but i know that Balogh hasn't played for a while and only had 13 games last season (inlcuding cup and league cup ties) I do remember though that he played several times against us a few years back and he was very good.

I just asked a mate from Derbecen, he says Balogh was their 3rd choice keeper this season. He also says that the man's a good shot stopper but not as confident when he has to come out from the goal line. He's still pretty young for a keeper and have lots of experience for that age but he needs to play many games in the reserves before you can use him I think.

Did the website not say it was a Montenegran international?

yup that's the one - sorry my ignorance, montenegro, macedonia...

honesttoonjambo

Yip. Agreeing with the lad from Hungary. Using my best Hungarian knowledge he has not played this year, in Pre-season, league or Uefa? Not getting regular football.

Sounds like a back up to Banks?

Banks to remain No1.

Anyway did no one see Peter Latchford warming up Goalies at Hull game?

Guest GhostHunter

Hi Ferencvaros....

I see from your IP address, you are resident over here - how do you find Scottish football and the way of life over here ?

:D

Chad Sexington
Hi Ferencvaros....

I see from your IP address, you are resident over here - how do you find Scottish football and the way of life over here ?

He could still be Hungarian you know. :rolleyes:

If not he's totally...

_41094334_busted_pa_416.jpg

Guest GhostHunter
He could still be Hungarian you know. :rolleyes:

If not he's totally...

_41094334_busted_pa_416.jpg

Not denying it mate - simply offering him a warm Jambo welcome.

Of sorts.

:hobofish:

(cough) :D

Hi Ferencvaros....

cheers Dexter, my first real impression about Scottish footie was when I lived in paris and played in a Scottish pub team (the highlander) :)

I was cheering for Scotland throughout the Euro qualifiers and was massively impressed by their performance. Also try to follow as many league games as possible on setanta and would be nice to drive up to scotland and go to one of these games some time. But trust me, even back in hungary people know quite a lot about Scottish footbal - although this knowledge is primarily dominated by the old firm, most football-loving hungarian know perfectly well what's going on with the Jambos especially now that Csaba's there (due to the more frequent media coverage on Hearts since Csaba's arrival).

Cannot comment on Scottish life as yet as I still haven't been in the there (living in East Anglia at the moment)

camsanozziejambo2
Sorry, I'm in Oz! :)

G,Day

Where about in Melbourne??

I am from Creswick 20 km north of Ballarat not a Jambo in sight but a few huns for some reason

HOO ROO

Snake Plissken

I hope he's been signed with the intention of taking the No.1 jersey as Banks is not good enough. I maintain that Motherwell's 2nd goal was savable and on another day could have cost us (of course it was Juho's fault in the first place but keepers are there to bail out the team).

Snake Plissken
Boruc and McGregor aside - who actually has a better goalkeeper than Banksey in the SPL?

SPL keepers who are better than Banks...

Alan Combe (Killie)

Graeme Smith (Motherwell)

Michael Fraser (ICT)

Lukasz Zaluska (Dundee United)

Mark Brown (Celtic)

Neil Alexander (Rangers)

I wouldn't say there was much between him and the other SPL keepers except for Ma-calamity, McNeil and Langfield.

I hope he's been signed with the intention of taking the No.1 jersey as Banks is not good enough. I maintain that Motherwell's 2nd goal was savable and on another day could have cost us (of course it was Juho's fault in the first place but keepers are there to bail out the team).

I agree I can imagine top keepers from The Premiership making that save, but am I expecting too much thinking a Hearts keeper could save it? I do think Gordon would have saved it...

Geoff Kilpatrick
G,Day

Where about in Melbourne??

I am from Creswick 20 km north of Ballarat not a Jambo in sight but a few huns for some reason

HOO ROO

Mt Waverley

Haven't ventured into country Victoria yet!

Dirk Diggler

Good stuff.

Csaba rates him, Csaba wanted him here, He's here.

Hopefully he can claim the number 1 spot because like others before me, I don't believe Banks is the answer.

Castle Magyar
for a start, he comes for a team which i truly hated most of my life :).

Fradi - do not fear, all us big bad Loki supports detest you green turds from NB II - how is life in the little league, when will we see you again :)

Since we got banned from the top flight

Financially related, no?

I don't really follow what's going on there but i know that Balogh hasn't played for a while and only had 13 games last season (inlcuding cup and league cup ties)

He played in friendlies this season and the Super Cup.

I do remember though that he played several times against us a few years back and he was very good.

We pumped your NB II @ss, igen :)

I just asked a mate from Derbecen, he says Balogh was their 3rd choice keeper this season. He also says that the man's a good shot stopper but not as confident when he has to come out from the goal line. He's still pretty young for a keeper and have lots of experience for that age but he needs to play many games in the reserves before you can use him I think.

Having been a Debrecen fan for 5 years now since moving over here I'd echo that statement; he's a decent keeper but prone to the odd gaff, similar to Henry (Smith).

Hajr? Loki !!

The Old Tolbooth

Sorry but that's nonsense!

The ball clearly took a deflection en route to hitting the back of the net, and Banks was wrong footed because of it. I don't think even Buffon would have got to that!

Banks is a decent keeper, but I wouldn't say any better or worse than an average SPL keeper, I just think that we've been blessed with above average keepers in the past and are judging him on them. The hobo's would be glad of a keeper like Banks.

The Old Tolbooth

Since we got banned from the top flight I don't really follow what's going on there but i know that Balogh hasn't played for a while and only had 13 games last season (inlcuding cup and league cup ties) I do remember though that he played several times against us a few years back and he was very good.

Cheers for that, your English is very good for a Hungarian. ;)

Having been a Debrecen fan for 5 years now since moving over here I'd echo that statement; he's a decent keeper but prone to the odd gaff, similar to Henry (Smith).

Hajr? Loki !!

for five years.. hahaha.. well done Mod Edit. how old are you? or do you swap teams every five years depending on who's doing well? must be, why else would you have chosen that country bumpkin team. Also, what does supporting mean for you, eh? checking their results online? grow up son, if you also take your time and money and fly back to hungary to watch your team then people might start taking you seriously - until that stop slagging others off on here cause it don't suit you (but happy to arrange a meet any time if you want)

- and apologies from the others for being off-topic -

Dirk Diggler

Fradi - do not fear, all us big bad Loki supports detest you green turds from NB II - how is life in the little league, when will we see you again :)

Financially related, no?

He played in friendlies this season and the Super Cup.

We pumped your NB II @ss, igen :)

Hajr? Loki !!

for five years.. hahaha.. well done Mod Edit, how old are you? or do you swap teams every five years depending on who's doing well? must be, why else would you have chosen that country bumpkin team. Also, what does supporting mean for you, eh? checking their results online? grow up son, if you also take your time and money and fly back to hungary to watch your team then people might start taking you seriously - until that stop slagging others off on here cause it don't suit you (but happy to arrange a meet any time if you want)

- and apologies from the others for being off-topic -

:laugh:

JKB at it's very best.

Snake Plissken
Sorry but that's nonsense!

The ball clearly took a deflection en route to hitting the back of the net, and Banks was wrong footed because of it. I don't think even Buffon would have got to that!

Banks is a decent keeper, but I wouldn't say any better or worse than an average SPL keeper, I just think that we've been blessed with above average keepers in the past and are judging him on them. The hobo's would be glad of a keeper like Banks.

It's not.

The shot wasn't anywhere near the corner and a good keeper would have got to it, the deflection actually took it closer to the keeper. It was not an easy save but a goalkeeper with sharper reflexes and greater agility would have made it.

We need better.

Castle Magyar
for five years.. hahaha.. well done Mod Edit

bit extreme Fradi-NB-II, since your mother tongue is not English and you've probably no idea WTF you've said, I'm gonae be kind and let this one go ;)

how old are you?

middle aged :)

or do you swap teams every five years depending on who's doing well? must be, why else would you have chosen that country bumpkin team. Also, what does supporting mean for you, eh? checking their results online?

Nope; born, raised & lived in Edinburgh most of my life in the capital, moved to Hungary 5 years ago, and selected the local team to support, before we started wining the league almost every year - think it was during the days when Fradi-NB-II were perhaps the top team, before the dark days descended.

Checking their results online wouldn't be much use, since their website only began the English version about 3 weeks ago (go ask your big winning NB I Loki mate) - whilst you're at it, ask him what happened to the scoreboard, only by visiting the stadium in the last 2 weeks would I know the old scoreboard has gone awol.

grow up son, if you also take your time and money and fly back to hungary to watch your team then people might start taking you seriously - until that stop slagging others off on here cause it don't suit you (but happy to arrange a meet any time if you want)-

Go ask your Loki mate about the scoreboard - ask him if he knows where Tisz?vasv?ri is, ask him if he agrees that Gergely Rudolf is Loki's best player?

Let me know his reply and be sure to post on here Fradi-NB-II

Let us all pray thats where the similarity ends!!;)

This guy is described as a goalkeeper so there's a difference right away

Their other goalie who has the number one jersey has only played 12 so it looks like he's their number 1.

We must be paying a bit of money if they're letting their number one keeper leave on loan.

not nessecerily, the english leagues have seen a bit of an influx of hungarian players since they joined EU. Many on loan. There is very little money in hungarian football and a small fee and the possibility of a transfer fee at the end is probably enough for alot of hungarian teams.

Dirk Diggler
not nessecerily, the english leagues have seen a bit of an influx of hungarian players since they joined EU. Many on loan. There is very little money in hungarian football and a small fee and the possibility of a transfer fee at the end is probably enough for alot of hungarian teams.

Don't worry, Peanut is clutching at straws hoping we are paying some money.

We have a wee bet in place you see.

Don't we Peanut?

;)

Buffalo Bill

What is the general standard of Hungarian football like? (anyone)

I know nowt about it other than the MTK stadium in Budapest was used for the match in 'Escape to Victory'.

Now there was a goalie.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo

Better than Lithuania, worse than Scotland. :P

Ryan Gosling
Don't worry, Peanut is clutching at straws hoping we are paying some money.

We have a wee bet in place you see.

Don't we Peanut?

;)

I'm scouring the net looking for a fee for Tullberg as we speak.

:laugh:

The Old Tolbooth
It's not.

The shot wasn't anywhere near the corner and a good keeper would have got to it, the deflection actually took it closer to the keeper. It was not an easy save but a goalkeeper with sharper reflexes and greater agility would have made it.

We need better.

We'll have to agree to disagree then, and not fight like our Hungarian counterparts :D

Castle Magyar

There are arguably 4 teams that could win the title in Hungary; MTK, Debrecen, Ujpest, & Zala - and Gy?r if they can string a season together.

Of those teams mentioned I'd say the title this season will be between last season's top dogs and runners up; MTK & Debrecen.

The standard is ok, but only those 2 teams have any real quality and consistency about them, with MTK actually being the slightly better playing football team and Debrecen being the more strong physical type team - but we do have some decent players (Sandor, Rudolf, Czvitkovics).

How do they compare with the SPL; mid-table at best, can on occasion raise their game to similar of a 3rd placed team, but surely not the same level as the OF.

However, maybe Ferencvaros can offer some input also - if nother else he can update us what's happening in NB II :)

There are arguably 4 teams that could win the title in Hungary; MTK, Debrecen, Ujpest, & Zala - and Gy?r if they can string a season together.

Of those teams mentioned I'd say the title this season will be between last season's top dogs and runners up; MTK & Debrecen.

The standard is ok, but only those 2 teams have any real quality and consistency about them, with MTK actually being the slightly better playing football team and Debrecen being the more strong physical type team - but we do have some decent players (Sandor, Rudolf, Czvitkovics).

How do they compare with the SPL; mid-table at best, can on occasion raise their game to similar of a 3rd placed team, but surely not the same level as the OF.

However, maybe Ferencvaros can offer some input also - if nother else he can update us what's happening in NB II :)

Puts ferencvaros win over hearts in 2004 into perspective then. shabbs done well even then...as a rookie :)

Better than Lithuania, worse than Scotland. :P

Is that Walter Smith's opinion as well or did that change last Tuesday?

It would not suprise me at all to find out that Csaba has family ties at Debrecen and more Hungarian players will arrive before the end of August.

Guest JamboRobbo
Is that Walter Smith's opinion as well or did that change last Tuesday?

Why don't you ask him, instead of pestering me.

Archived