As I said earlier this season.

chester copperpot

Hamilton wont go down.

Fair play.

Agreed! Think I may revise my thoughts on Utd getting 3rd spot. Very weak at the back!

Drylaw Hearts

They are playing well tonight but will they have the strength and depth in their squad to keep it going ?

I'm not so sure.

I still think they'll go down.

Ibrahim Tall
Agreed! Think I may revise my thoughts on Utd getting 3rd spot. Very weak at the back!

Aye, missing Kalvenas badly.

I couldnt say yet... they havent looked that great.

Dundee Utd have gifted them goals bar the poss hand ball one.

1st goal straight thru the wall

3rd goal... no one reacts to a ball thats sitting stationary on the edge of the box...

The way Utd are playing even hibs would give them a game.

Fair play to Hamilton tho, they've taken the chances that have come their way.

ToadKiller Dog

Would still be my favorites to go down ,there real tests will be trips to inverness and the likes,still would prefer the midden to go down.

Still not sure there squad is strong enough over the winter.

J.T.F.Robertson
I couldnt say yet... they havent looked that great.

Dundee Utd have gifted them goals bar the poss hand ball one.

1st goal straight thru the wall

3rd goal... no one reacts to a ball thats sitting stationary on the edge of the box...

The way Utd are playing even hibs would give them a game.

Fair play to Hamilton tho, they've taken the chances that have come their way.

It looks like they're doing a bit more than that.

Hamilton Dundee Utd

8(8) Shots (on Goal) 3(1)

12 Fouls 12

6 Corner Kicks 1

1 Offsides 2

58% Time of Possession 42%

2 Yellow Cards 3

0 Red Cards 0

2 Saves 5

It looks like they're doing a bit more than that.

Hamilton Dundee Utd

8(8) Shots (on Goal) 3(1)

12 Fouls 12

6 Corner Kicks 1

1 Offsides 2

58% Time of Possession 42%

2 Yellow Cards 3

0 Red Cards 0

2 Saves 5

Yeh they are, I did play it down a tadm infact if hamilton had really taken their chances then utd would be on the end of a 5 or 6 pumping.. Utd have given them so many chances thru very very poor defending.

Are Utd playing anyone in midfield?

Hamilton putting more pressure on poor hibs.

3 points ahead already in the survival fight.

It is a good week, that's for sure. And Hamilton did look really good.

Seeing as we're all in the mood to draw conclusions from a single round of fixtures can I point out that Hamilton's last goal has put them top of the SPL and edged us out of 2nd place and into a UEFA cup spot.

We may as well give up on Champions League qualification already

I am absolutely shocked by this result. I fancied Utd to finish third this season as I believe in Levein and they were impressive last year, but what a stinking start to the season.

So only one game gone but I can't help but feel much more positive. So Rangers and Celtic continue to look abjectly average, Aberdeen look honking, Hibs are in total turmol with Mixu off shortly, Motherwell underperformed last year and wont repeat it this time, Falkrik are a decent side but 6th or 7th are the best they can do, and St Mirren, Hamilton, Killie and Hamilton, just don't have the squads.

Bottom line, with Csaba doing all the right things, the feel good factor back, Obua and Tullberg to come in, and maybe just maybe a fit and motivated Naded, we could be in for a very good season.

I tell you one thing nothing none of the opposition scare me.

shaun.lawson

One thing. Remember United's results against Gretna last season? Yet they still ended up having a pretty solid campaign. Far, far too early to write them off based on one result: especially as Hamilton might prove to be a lot better than most expected, and Levein suffered quite a few slipups away to lowly sides in his time here - yet it didn't stop us finishing 3rd twice on the bounce.

Apart from Gretna going bust last year, when was the last time a promoted team went straight back down? It must be a few years back, so if you get a good price on Hamilton to stay up I would take it.

Archived