Man Utd player wins ?4.5m payout (non HMFC)

grumpyjambo

where does this money come from?

middlesborough? or do they have some kind of insurance policy that pays out?

shame that the boy cant kick a football again, bet he'd give it all back if he could have played just 90 mins for the man utd first team

shame that the boy cant kick a football again, bet he'd give it all back if he could have played just 90 mins for the man utd first team

boro's insurers are paying it

Yeah, im sure he would

Jambof3tornado

?4.5 million is nothing. Say he went on to earn a very modest 10k a week over a 10 year career. Thats ?5.2 million in lost earning alone,never mind sponsorship deals,merchandising etc etc.

I agree though,he would much rather have earned his money on the green grass rather than in a courtroom.

em could you list me the man u reserve players in past five years who have been 18 and went on to earn a very 'modest' 10 grand per week? just another sympton of british compensation culture. whilst at it list the ones who haven't. the actual percentage of british profession footballers earning over 5000 per week is very, very low.

em could you list me the man u reserve players in past five years who have been 18 and went on to earn a very 'modest' 10 grand per week? just another sympton of british compensation culture. whilst at it list the ones who haven't. the actual percentage of british profession footballers earning over 5000 per week is very, very low.

MackaysCentreSpot

You made your point first time round. No need to repeat yourself. ;)

In the last 8 years or so the folllowing youngsters have all left for over ?1.5million, not a high percentage but who's to say this boy wouldn't have made it.

Kieran Richardson

Gerad Pique

Giuesppe Rossi

Phil Bardsley

Danny Higginbotham

Jonathon Greening

David Healy

And there are many others who have gone on to play lower league football for a long time too.

?4.5 million is nothing. Say he went on to earn a very modest 10k a week over a 10 year career. Thats ?5.2 million in lost earning alone,never mind sponsorship deals,merchandising etc etc.

I agree though,he would much rather have earned his money on the green grass rather than in a courtroom.

:eek:

In the last 8 years or so the folllowing youngsters have all left for over ?1.5million, not a high percentage but who's to say this boy wouldn't have made it.

Kieran Richardson

Gerad Pique

Giuesppe Rossi

Phil Bardsley

Danny Higginbotham

Jonathon Greening

David Healy

And there are many others who have gone on to play lower league football for a long time too.

Statistics suggest he would not have made it. This is an outrageous payout based on what someone MIGHT have done.

I'm surprised as fans and at the same time members of the public we are not up in arms about this. It's a scandalous pay out and, as has been said, sets a very dangerous precedent. Surely insurance premiums for even amateur sport are now going to rocket?

It's not like the guy became useless and can't work to earn his way like the rest of us. He should only have been given money for the time he was unable to do ANYTHING (about 6 weeks tops).

I know I sound callous and unsympathetic but that's life. I'm sure the guy who made the tacke didn't intentionally end his career.

I am now of the opinion that the football fraternity have stuck together in this one and have screwed (allegedly) the insurance company.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I would give up that money to persue a career in football. Imagine travelling the world with gorgous girls, playing football and earning 10-20k a week for doing it! Amazing life.

Commander Harris
I am now of the opinion that the football fraternity have stuck together in this one and have screwed (allegedly) the insurance company.

a decision like this is only going to lead to higher premiums, insurance companies never lose.

Archived