Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

A manager picking the team

Players motivated and showing commitment

Players understanding their jobs

Positive communications from club to fans

Players who had lost interest signing new contracts

Players getting back to full fitness

I'm just concerned this is all too good to be true and something stupid is going to happen! :eek:

Drylaw Hearts
"Hearts agree 1.4 million fee for Kevin Kyle"

That would bring me down to earth.

Thats not even slightly funny.

You Missed :

Sunshine after the game for a change

Big smiles all round.

The times they are a'changin!

A manager picking the team

Players motivated and showing commitment

Players understanding their jobs

Positive communications from club to fans

Players who had lost interest signing new contracts

Players getting back to full fitness

I'm just concerned this is all too good to be true and something stupid is going to happen! :eek:

Like Mixu getting the boot.:shade:

peebles jambo

maybe, just maybe, mad fud has found the right man, here's ferkin hoping he leaves well alone

scottish cup this year

league next year

We're inevitably setting ourselves up for a fall.....

Sooner or later something will go wrong, we'll lose a game or we'll play crap or whatever.

The real proof will be in how we react to those situations.

There's a lot to be positive about, but it would be foolish to get carried away after just one game (where we pretty much gave our opponents two goals).

The seasons only 90 minutes old - long way to go yet!

Get the message to Vlad that he's done a fantastic job in the last month or so. Sing his name at the next home game if things continue to flourish....

Then the mad git might realise it's good to leave Csaba to do his own thing....

Remember, he's a jealous guy, needs plaudits, so ignore him at your peril....

Hackney Hearts

It's just one game.

In one game last season we thrashed Rangers 4-2. It was still a dire season.

There is a very good 'vibe' though - hope it continues beyond next week...

Drylaw Hearts
Get the message to Vlad that he's done a fantastic job in the last month or so. Sing his name at the next home game if things continue to flourish....

Then the mad git might realise it's good to leave Csaba to do his own thing....

Remember, he's a jealous guy, needs plaudits, so ignore him at your peril....

bryan_ferry.jpg

Sooner or later something will go wrong, we'll lose a game or we'll play crap or whatever.

There's a lot to be positive about, but it would be foolish to get carried away after just one game (where we pretty much gave our opponents two goals).

Exactly.

I was as encouraged as anyone by Saturday's performance but let's not kid ourselves. We still have some really poor footballers in the team and naturally we will hit a few sticky patches - the key is to come out fighting after them instead of shrugging our shoulders like the previous two seasons.

Csaba being allowed to do his thing without fear of interference/sacking and a few good quality players is what I want.

Greedy_Jambo

What has brian ferry got to do with anything? :wacko:

Things are certainly looking good, its only been one game though. I hope we swap a few quality players with a few of the duds still at the club. Then maybe we can mount a season long challenge for 3rd spot :)

Im really looking forward to the last few weeks of the transfer window.

"the key is to come out fighting after them instead of shrugging our shoulders like the previous two seasons."

exonctly! and that goes for the fans as well, the fans were as bad as the team last season, we need to be there, singing and shouting our team on, week in, week out. i know it works both ways, good football and winning inspires fans to sing, singing inspires players to play good football and win, but someone has to start the cycle. this should be a noisy season, lets bring the fans and fanatacism back

^perhaps a bit of a tangent. but thats me down to a tee. bring the noise

What has brian ferry got to do with anything? :wacko:

I think DH was referring to "jealous guy" although strictly speaking it should have been a picture of John Winston Ono Lennon (who wrote the song).

Drylaw Hearts
I think DH was referring to "jealous guy" although strictly speaking it should have been a picture of John Winston Ono Lennon (who wrote the song).

I preferred the Bryan Ferry version.

:)

cheers Mr Gloom:)

Laszlo has impressed me alot with his straight talking and work ethic. But manager picking the team... I dont think any of us can say that for certain. Especially not when we have defenders are appearing in midfield. It looks ominously like the Axis of Pish are still pulling the strings to some extent.

I dont think anyone can deny that it's a bit odd, when he have one of the best defensive midfielders in Scotland in Eggert Jonsson.

I think it's realistic to expect some input from above, in whatever form.

My gut reaction to this particular incident was that it's a conviluted farce to shoehorn Zaliukas into the team (possibly at the request of the Axis of Pish) while at the same time trying to advertise the wantaway Karipidis. I suppose they could have just dropped Berra and if that is the plan then I dont know why they didn't just do that. Maybe they thought it would be too obvious.

Anyway i don't think we'll know how much control Laszlo has over the team/transfers for a couple of months yet.

My own feelings are that he will still have some "advice" from the Romanovs and their henchmen but may just find a way to deal with it. I also think Laszlo is the type of man Vlad will go for, and has an excellent chance of joining his circle of trust in the long term which will give him more autonomy.

Laszlo has impressed me alot with his straight talking and work ethic. But manager picking the team... I dont think any of us can say that for certain. Especially not when we have defenders are appearing in midfield. It looks ominously like the Axis of Pish are still pulling the strings to some extent.

I dont think anyone can deny that it's a bit odd, when he have one of the best defensive midfielders in Scotland in Eggert Jonsson.

I think it's realistic to expect some input from above, in whatever form.

My gut reaction to this particular incident was that it's a conviluted farce to shoehorn Zaliukas into the team (possibly at the request of the Axis of Pish) while at the same time trying to advertise the wantaway Karipidis. I suppose they could have just dropped Berra and if that is the plan then I dont know why they didn't just do that. Maybe they thought it would be too obvious.

Anyway i don't think we'll know how much control Laszlo has over the team/transfers for a couple of months yet.

My own feelings are that he will still have some "advice" from the Romanovs and their henchmen but may just find a way to deal with it. I also think Laszlo is the type of man Vlad will go for, and has an excellent chance of joining his circle of trust in the long term which will give him more autonomy.

Eggert Jonsson isn't one of the best defensive midfielders in Scotland, IMO.

Drylaw Hearts

I agree.

He has a long way to go before he gets anywhere near that accolade.

I agree and that's why we have to play a centre half there.

Apart from Brellier it's a problem we've had for years.

I agree.

He has a long way to go before he gets anywhere near that accolade.

I'd go as far as to say he'll never reach that accolade. I'd have Palazuelos before him and probably play Stewart in a deeper role if Ruben were to miss a game. I'd give him a few sub appearances and tell him to get on the weights.

I wonder what this American midfielder is like, as he was described as defensive.

Drylaw Hearts
I'd go as far as to say he'll never reach that accolade. I'd have Palazuelos before him and probably play Stewart in a deeper role if Ruben were to miss a game. I'd give him a few sub appearances and tell him to get on the weights.

I wonder what this American midfielder is like, as he was described as defensive.

I do think EJ has something to offer but he's nowhere near the finished article.

He's got a long way to go but I do think he'll do ok given the correct Coaching.

As for the Yank...

I've no idea.

Archived