Spiers sticks the boot into Murray

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why? well one line sums its up really

Among a glut of lackeys in the press whom Murray has puppeteered over the years

Good on Spiers

Have always had a lot of time for Spiers. Calls it as he see's it and does not pander to anyone within the game.

Good article.

If I was David Murray I wouldn't give those ungrateful morons another penny. They really are daft. Of course it isn't Walter's fault, so it has to be Murray's!

Commander Harris

if he was Davidas Murrauskas he'd have been torn to shreds by every newspaper years ago ;)

I have said before many times, Spiers is probably the only journo that is willing to speak about the truth.

really good piece of journalism. always wnjoyed reading graeme speirs articles as he seems to be the only journo who can call things objectively, and is prepared to write about the old firm in a "you're not the best thing about scottish football" manner.

Commander Harris
I have said before many times, Spiers is probably the only journo that is willing to speak about the truth.

that needs a slight modification IMO. He is probably the only journalist prepared to speak the truth about Rangers. He's not as strong on Celtic's faults IMO.

that needs a slight modification IMO. He is probably the only journalist prepared to speak the truth about Rangers. He's not as strong on Celtic's faults IMO.

Fair play, never really noticed If he as leanings towards any club. I have always thought he was pretty objective too.

Although I would say Rangers have more faults than Celtic

Certainly in respect of the "establishment" stuff that goes on.

Commander Harris
Fair play, never really noticed If he as leanings towards any club. I have always thought he was pretty objective too.

I'm not saying he leans towards Celtic, he was a Rangers fan in his youth but was disillusioned with the bigotry and nastiness that he saw. I think he tends to overcompensate for that by giving Rangers a hard time(rightly so) but also doesn't wish to be seen as negative on Celtic.

I do agree that he is usually pretty objective and is certainly one of the better journalists in the Scottish game. (by a stetch)

Commander Harris
Although I would say Rangers have more faults than Celtic

Certainly in respect of the "establishment" stuff that goes on.

definitely in terms of the SFA, I do think things are slightly different with regards the SPL though.

Is it any wonder that the press are known as the "laptop loyal"?

Murray has had them in his pocket for years, and some love it in there.

Is anyone surprised at the sheer lack of outrage over the St Mirren game in the press??

As regards that great philanthropist Sir David Murray..........did he not effectively run Spiers out of town like a wild west cattle baron ?

I really like Spiers.

Was thinking the other day that I really wish he'd write a book. I'm quite sure he'd have plenty of interesting material to fill it with and I'm pretty sure it'd make him a packet whilst simultaneously giving us all a bit of an insight into what really goes on behind closed doors in the world of Scottish sport journalism.

I'd put money on it being a best-seller....

Suspect Device

like to hear Sur Davie getting it tight, but how sad is the following paragraph ?

i'd like to know what Rafa said

'After Keane?s every touch was booed in Rangers? friendly against Liverpool, there was embarrassment in the Ibrox press room when an English reporter chose to ask Rafael Ben?tez if he ?understood? why Keane was being abused. When people touched by civilisation are around, it can be quite demeaning being with the Old Firm.'

Commander Harris
I really like Spiers.

Was thinking the other day that I really wish he'd write a book. I'm quite sure he'd have plenty of interesting material to fill it with and I'm pretty sure it'd make him a packet whilst simultaneously giving us all a bit of an insight into what really goes on behind closed doors in the world of Scottish sport journalism.

I'd put money on it being a best-seller....

there's always his book on Paul Le Guen at Rangers.

he also contributed to the book "It's Rangers for me?" by Ronnie Esplin.

The Mighty Thor

Spiers taking his usual stance and probably not winning any friends in the west.

Had to chuckle at this comment under the article;

Absolute nonsense on the Keane issue. Can I just ask what the reply was from Benitez? Keane declared again shortly before this game his love for ra Sellik. That's why he was booed! But why let the facts get in the way of a good Rangers bashing eh????

davesmith, Ayr,

He could almost be a JKB regular, the phraseology and the logic applied is perfect. :rolleyes:

there's always his book on Paul Le Guen at Rangers.

he also contributed to the book "It's Rangers for me?" by Ronnie Esplin.

Did he write that? Well there you go, you learn something new every day. Must learn that my complete avoidance of anything remotely connected with Rangers might not always be prudent. Shall consider reading them once I've checked out where the cash goes.... :biggrin:

The Mighty Thor - Oh my word, I'm sure I've seen that terminology around here somewhere. It's quite uncanny....

Archived