So is everything rosy then?

Meeko

First chance I've had to get on since Saturday and I am well delighted. Easily think we could make 3rd and maybe even 2nd, especially if we keep that performance up! Zaliukas I thought was really good.

Mon the Jam Tarts &

FTH

First chance I've had to get on since Saturday and I am well delighted. Easily think we could make 3rd and maybe even 2nd, especially if we keep that performance up! Zaliukas I thought was really good.

Mon the Jam Tarts &

FTH

Agree with Zal comment.I think he looks a lot more composed on the ball than Berra and sprayed a few lovely diagonal balls to Driver in the 2nd half.One game at a time though mate i think your getting a little ahead of yourself with predictions.Best keep your feet on the ground just like Csaba is doing just now.

Do The Dance

Not convinced by the central defensive partnership, and Thomson has a lot to learn. Happy with the attacking play, but we really do need some strikers! Really good game by Stewart and Driver.

Hopefully Romanov continues to butt out.

Drylaw Hearts

Everything is far from 'rosy'.

We look to be heading in the right direction but we still have too may first team players who are not good enough and need to be moved on asap.

The current squad does not have the strength and depth to see us through until the next Transfer Window.

Sexton Hardcastle

Im sure if we loose to Rangers next weekend people will be calling for players heads as per usual. 1 win doenst change anything. Give it untill the first round of fixtures have been played then you can argue if we will easily finish 3rd.

Everything certainly aint rosy but it looks like we're moving in the right direction. Laszlo has organised the team well and it looks like a good team spirit is there. Also refreshing to see a Hearts manager looking clean cut on the sidelines wearing a suit. A vast impwoovment on Frail slobbing about in his trackies! :smile:

We still need a couple of strikers and if we get them we can have a good season.

I'm still a bit concerned that the "chuck a defender into midfield" tactic is still loitering about. Unless Jonsson was injured i can't think of any logical reason for playing Karapidis there.

Chad Sexington

No everything isn't rosy. We still have too many poor players in the squad and with Vlad around it could all go pear shaped at any time.

However, we are definitely moving in the right direction after two years of downward spiral. Most of that is down to Csaba. He's a very charismatic figure who had an instant grasp of what was wrong at the club and seems to be putting all his energy into fixing it.

It's great to have a real leader the fans can get behind.

The Old Tolbooth

Things are far from perfect.

It's very difficult to forget the general feeling on this board and throughout a lot of the Hearts support regarding the state of the club only 4 or 5 weeks ago, and Csaba has only been in charge for 5 minutes.

Things certainly appear to be MUCH better now that Csaba has come in and installed some discipline into the staff at the club, and actually managed to bond the players together into at least something that resembles a team nowadays, however Vlad has a long way to go before he wins my trust back because with this man in charge, anything can happen.

Sad to say it, but Csaba was 3rd or 4th choice for a managerial appointment, and we could have ended up with McGhee, Wiess, or "A N Other", but I really believe that Vlad has got lucky with Csaba as he seems to be able to do a much better job than any of the other candidates mentioned.

We can only sit back and see what unfolds because no one knows for sure how things will pan out, but I really do hope and pray that Csaba and Vlad will not fall out and that Csaba will be allowed to continue to do his fantastic work that he's already started.

So, in a nutshell, things are far from perfect, however they could have been a hell of a lot worse, I'll be keeping my fingers well and truly crossed that we keep our man this time because I've went from seeing not a lot of light at the end of the tunnel, to something which resembles a fairly bright one, and I'm enjoying it greatly.

Cut The Crap

The only time I can ever remember thinking that everything was rosy with HMFC was just after we'd beaten Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox in December 1985.

We're a long way from there at the moment, but heading in the right direction it seems! Long may that continue.

Depends what is meant by "rosy".

Hopefully if we have to let out our angst on JKB in future it will be with regards to performances on the park and not due to boardroom machinations on Byzantine levels.

Then it will not be "rosy", rather simply, err.., normal.

The Old Tolbooth
The only time I can ever remember thinking that everything was rosy with HMFC was just after we'd beaten Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox in December 1985.

We're a long way from there at the moment, but heading in the right direction it seems! Long may that continue.

Maybe only 5 days ;)

Geoff Kilpatrick

We're by no means the finished article but at least we can see a positive direction now, along with proper leadership. Hopefully, the drift into disaster that last season was is a thing of the past and that's enough to make everyone feel good about things again.

Cut The Crap
Maybe only 5 days ;)

Oh, a bit longer than that. By December 1985 we'd already beaten Aberdeen, Celtic (at Parkhead), Rangers (twice) and Dundee United. We've a few more hurdles to clear to get to that place again. ;)

The Old Tolbooth
Oh, a bit longer than that. By December 1985 we'd already beaten Aberdeen, Celtic (at Parkhead), Rangers (twice) and Dundee United. We've a few more hurdles to clear to get to that place again. ;)

Pah, party pooper, I was only looking to beat Rangers 2-0 this Saturday. :P

Mon the Jam Tarts &

FTH

Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Enjoyed the game on Sat, 2nd or 3rd sounds great and it was a good start bit early to predict that high a finish though. Lets see wat happens at Ibrox:)

Rabbie_Burns

Both goals courtesy of JC, emptied Ibrox of the home support with 25 mins left to play

Defining moment for me in finding my Hearts supporting path... :cool:

cobbyshambles

bit soon for this post if im honest.yeah we won and that but as soon as the ego's get started it might go tits up

The People's Chimp

Still not always convinced by zal. He wasn't looking too smart at either of the goals and I thnk is prone to occasional errors. we still give goals away too cheaply as well.

But in terms of atmosphere, of being "hearts" we really are getting there. I have a lot of time for shabba at the moment.

Buffalo Bill

We're not out of the woods by a long way but yes, things are looking up.

I also agree with Hand of Gord (!!!).

It's nice to see a Hearts manager not standing there, looking like a tramp.

Buffalo Bill

Dagger Is Back
Everything is far from 'rosy'.

We look to be heading in the right direction but we still have too may first team players who are not good enough and need to be moved on asap.

The current squad does not have the strength and depth to see us through until the next Transfer Window.

Yet another sensible post DH. WE have guys like Makela still hanging about, a RB position that still needs some work as well as a central defensive partnership that needs strengthened. I think MF is our strongest area but up front - oh dear oh dear.

Rabbie_Burns
We're not out of the woods by a long way but yes, things are looking up.

I also agree with Hand of Gord (!!!).

It's nice to see a Hearts manager not standing there, looking like a tramp.

Buffalo Bill

Same here, feeling somewhat uneasy about that myself, unless of course their KB account has been hacked... :cool:

Yes, a long way to go. It was a great 3 points on Saturday and the atmosphere was better than it's been for a while but I still think we shouldn't be playing players out of position, it could, and probably will cost us unless we get this sorted out soon and preferably before Ibrox on Saturday.

Rosy? Nope. But I'd say cautious optimism would be in order! :) We've got carried away too many times in the past to do so again (I hope so anyway). It's a great start to the season and here's hoping that if/when we get the occasional hiccup that we cut some slack to Csaba and the team and weather it out with them. Never have the Old Firm been so ripe for the picking, not for the last twenty years or so anyway, and if we get it right this season we may be able to have ourselves a good old feast.

Think back to April.

Think back to Frail and his haunted , anguished look standing motionless in the dugout.

Think back to failing to make the top six.

Think back to the hobos looking as if they would finish 3rd.

Think back to thinking we would never get a manager.

Now look at the performance on Saturday.

Look at the atmosphere.

Look at the goals.

Look at a manager who cares , celebrating each goal as if he'd won the World Cup.

Look at the state the hobos are in.

Everything Rosy ? Not quite yet.

But I'd far rather be where we are now with the future looking bright than be where those losers are with no hope of it getting any better.

And the OF look anything but invincible as well.

One game at a time obviously but there are real signs that this could be the start of something good once again.

portobellojambo1

Mon the Jam Tarts &

FTH

Rosey, not yet, but we are now moving in the right direction, on Saturday we looked like a football team again for the 1st time in a long time.

Still scope for improvement, but if we can keep performing like we did we should pick up a lot more points than we lose.

On Saturday we got effort, and I think that is a big part of what we have been asking for for a long time now, players that looked as if they were interested in playing for the Hearts jersey, and were not just turning up to fulfill an obligation as part of their contract.

Too soon to judge the manager -- signs good but far too soon.

Too soon to judge signings -- lack of those and playing time.

Too soon to fully judge some of the under acheivers from previous season(s) -- Mole, Cesny, Makela, etc

Too soon to see if changes in backroom staff/politics will show fruit.

and

Too soon to see if Vlad has changed his spots -- lets wait until the first crisis at least.

Sorry to sound downbeat but recent experience has led me to look more carefully before making a judgement.

Archived