Update from Thomas Flogel

CocoBear

I posted a thread at the weekend regarding Thomas staying at the hotel again and that he was here acting as an agent for American midfielder Eric Hummel. i was given wrong in info from my boss that he was being offered to Hibs, In fact after talking to the great man himself he has brought him here for Hearts to access him first if not i believe Falfirk may be interested. just thought i would keep you all informed.

About Hummel: Attacking player that has quality experience at the club level... very talented with good pace and impressive confidence on the ball... Born in 1987, holds italian passport

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569729

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20060602&content_id=61008&vkey=pr_cdc&fext=.jsp&team=cdc

Big Tams own words, he thinks he is a very strong and physical playmaker that would be more suited to the Brittish style of game. ( i will forgive him the use of the word Brittish for now) Hehe

Robbos Right Peg
Big Tams own words, he thinks he is a very strong and physical playmaker that would be more suited to the Brittish style of game. ( i will forgive him the use of the word Brittish for now) Hehe

Or even the word British ? Or was it just his Austrian accent ;)

since when has flogel been an agent?

he said at half time he was looking to get into coaching/management

Spot on!! Davie MacPherson is 'acting' agent . Hummell (Eric) describes himself as a holding midfielder,will need to be top drawer to get in our u19's.

He was merely acting as an agent on Vienna,s and the players behalf. he is helping with coaching at Austria Vienns as well as buying properties in Austria.

Spot on!! Davie MacPherson is 'acting' agent . Hummell (Eric) describes himself as a holding midfielder,will need to be top drawer to get in our u19's.

He's at least 20 though.

Ryan Gosling

Hmm. 'Soccer' contracts work differently in the US it seems. I see they wanted to offer him a developmental contract with the National team.

There's a lot of good players available in the MLS and the US in general (remember Davie Weir was playing college soccer until he was 23 (?)), and they tend to do well in Europe, like Charlie Davies at Hammarby or Jozy Altidore who just joined Villareal.

See no reason why we shouldn't have a look at him.

Given Tam's own ability I would surely doubt he'd be hawking around a duff player ?

Anyway, looked like the guy ( Tam ) was heading out on the town after Saturday's match ;)

Tam back as reserve/youth coach may be a shout for us. Since Csaba and Burger speak German, there may be something to it. Just a hunch I have.

I'd love having Flogel involved at Hearts! Maybe Csabba wants him brought in having found out about Tam's love for the Jambos as well as being able to hold a conversation about tactics etc./..etc. He'd be an excellent choice for coach I think, especially as it's what he wants to do and what better place to do it!?

Sorry to rain on the parade a little. there is no way just now he can take up coaching here as his property buiseness is taking of. also kids are settled in schools over there and the little matter of Mrs Flogel (Tina) quite happy back home for now.

jamboinglasgow

think he would make a great technical/skills coach like some premiership and european clubs have where they develop both young and old players technical abilty. Though sadly if he is happy in Austria there is nothing we can do.

Tam back as reserve/youth coach may be a shout for us. Since Csaba and Burger speak German, there may be something to it. Just a hunch I have.

Might be wrong but I'm sure when he was talking at half time he mentioned he wasn't interested in coaching and he preferred management behind the scenes whatever that means

Might be wrong but I'm sure when he was talking at half time he mentioned he wasn't interested in coaching and he preferred management behind the scenes whatever that means

Thats what I thought he said aswell. As for Hummel, dont think he sounds any better than what weve got in an already packed, strong midfield.

Commander Harris
Thats what I thought he said aswell. As for Hummel, dont think he sounds any better than what weve got in an already packed, strong midfield.

maybe he was trying to tell us that he was the incognito DOF? :D

Off topic sort off.... perhaps Tam could be our Austrian connection for the scouting network Csaba talks of.

Another midfielder?? Not my first choice.... but hey, kari played their on saturday so I suppose we do need another defensive midfielder.

We've had more than our fair share of US players in the last couple of years.

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

with a bit of luck all the new ones will be servicable

jamboinglasgow
Off topic sort off.... perhaps Tam could be our Austrian connection for the scouting network Csaba talks of.

Another midfielder?? Not my first choice.... but hey, kari played their on saturday so I suppose we do need another defensive midfielder.

I was thinking that as well, would be a useful contact to have in a scouting network.

How about getting Giles Rousset to scout in France.

Thunderstruck

If we could get an American keeper of the quality of Brad Friedel, that would be worth getting excited about.

Archived