Gus McPherson

Scott_HMFC1874

Scott_HMFC1874

according to Setanta news the ref winked at either Robson or Gus (setanta with their usual vague s**t just stated "him")...after he gave the penalty

this more evidence of bias....or a loada cobblers from a sore loser?

Either way

gfa GTF!!!!!

Jam Tarts 1874
according to Setanta news the ref winked at either Robson or Gus (setanta with their usual vague s**t just stated "him")...after he gave the penalty

Either way

gfa GTF!!!!!

Here is what MacPherson has said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/08/11/furious-st-mirren-boss-gus-macpherson-blasts-winking-referee-after-controversial-penalty-86908-20692767/

Furious St Mirren boss Gus MacPherson blasts 'winking' referee after controversial penaltyAug 11 2008 By Hugh Keevins

GUS MacPHERSON accused Scotland's referees of having a hitlist of managers and alleged that Eddie Smith had winked at him after awarding Celtic the penalty that beat St Mirren.

The Buddies boss exploded after Celtic beat his side with a hotly-disputed award that also saw defender Will Haining sent off.

The same referee was at the centre of a row last season when he gave Celtic a fiercely-contested free kick which allowed Shunsuke Nakamura to score the only goal of the game at Love Street.

And McPherson accused the official of winking at him after he'd given the spot-kick when Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink was allegedly denied a goalscoring opportunity yesterday.

MacPherson said: "I'm told that certain managers, including me, had their photographs shown on a wall during a meeting of Scotland's referees at St Andrews during the close season.

"You start to feel like a target and I think it's a dangerous development. At the very least it has to be considered a worry.

"What's an even greater concern is that Mr Smith thought he got it right when he gave Nakamura the free-kick last season. That's worrying."

MacPherson was in no doubt his team was denied a draw because the referee got it wrong again.

He said: "I'm told by people I respect, people who have played the game, that Vennegoor of Hesselink was offside when he received the ball for a start. But there's no chance the referee will change his opinion.

"He was winking over to me after that but I don't know if he was trying to irritate me or what he was up to."

MacPherson declined to be drawn into an argument over whether the referee would have given a penalty, and shown a red card, if the same incident had happened at the other end of the field. He said: "That's irrelevant now. We have to get on with what's happened.

"The penalty award kick-started Celtic after our keeper Mark Howard had no direct saves to make up until then."

Smith's background was investigated after last season's game at Love Street and the late Phil O'Donnell's uncle was said to be a lifelong Celtic supporter. MacPherson said: "There are a lot of questions that need to be answered but I know we won't get any replies."

duckandcover

Either way

gfa GTF!!!!!

It truly was one of THE worst decisons by a ref I have seen probably since Davis gave Rangers the last minute penalty, but in all fairness it really couldnt have happened to a nicer team.....NOT

I hate St midden...but if the ref was a winker and did give the Mhanks the breaks.....it does not bode well for the season ahead.

Haining will get the red card recinded... but the result stands and thats what really ****es me off...the ref knows he can turn round and say...sorry I got that one wrong....but the Mhanks still get the points though.

dispicable :(

Mcpherson is a toerag...but he obviously feels the same as the rest of us.

I wonder if the SFA will have a word with Mr Mac about his comments about the ref. Surely he is bringing the game into disrepute?

Hate to say after seeing the tv highlights a few times of the incident, I think from the ref's view, it probably did look like a penalty. (That feels horrible - defending a ref and agreeing with Gordon Krankie!)

ToadKiller Dog

Mcpherson will be portrayed as paranoid ,there is no chance if true which i am open to believe that he would win the GFA cabal is to strong.

Certainly the accusation of the refs pinning managers faces up is something that if they gfa was competent would be looked into and if found true the head of the refs should be carpeted.

St mirren are pish and they are another west coast team that pander to the old firm, Gus macpherson said on his interview last night that he had PRAISED his team for there performance..:mad: Then you get Yogi hughes saying he had a go at his side for not taking there chances against Rangers and he was dissapointed. If i was a St mirren fan i would want to know why he keeps accepting defeat from the old firm....

Mcpherson will be portrayed as paranoid ,there is no chance if true which i am open to believe that he would win the GFA cabal is to strong.

Certainly the accusation of the refs pinning managers faces up is something that if they gfa was competent would be looked into and if found true the head of the refs should be carpeted.

That is so petty and must influence the refs decision-making, if true. And they want ?1K per match? Jog on!

It truly was one of THE worst decisons by a ref I have seen probably since Davis gave Rangers the last minute penalty, but in all fairness it really couldnt have happened to a nicer team.....NOT

But most journalists are saying it was a penalty.Hmmm shows who's side they are on but then again we have always known that.

But most journalists are saying it was a penalty.Hmmm shows who's side they are on but then again we have always known that.

What really annoys me is that the OF managers weigh in too - WGS saying the ref was tremendous, it was a defo penalty and that they should have had another just before". .

portobellojambo1
I wonder if the SFA will have a word with Mr Mac about his comments about the ref. Surely he is bringing the game into disrepute?

Hate to say after seeing the tv highlights a few times of the incident, I think from the ref's view, it probably did look like a penalty. (That feels horrible - defending a ref and agreeing with Gordon Krankie!)

Anyone who saw that as a penalty is fecking blind or a fecking cheat. Add into that the fact he was clearly offside when he received the ball and it raises question marks not only about the Republican leanings of the referee but the competence of the erse running the line.

What really annoys me is that the OF managers weigh in too - WGS saying the ref was tremendous, it was a defo penalty and that they should have had another just before". .

Don't suppose any of the weegia stopped him at that point and said 'Errr actually, no, he wasn't. No, it wasn't. And no they shouldn't. You wee ginger poopbag. Haven't you really cottoned on well to the Old Firm mentality you little weasel?'

Jambojohnnyboy

The ref got it wrong and once again Vinegar of hefalump manages to pull off stunts that even Siegfried and Roy couldn't achieve.

St mirren are pish and they are another west coast team that pander to the old firm, Gus macpherson said on his interview last night that he had PRAISED his team for there performance..:mad: Then you get Yogi hughes saying he had a go at his side for not taking there chances against Rangers and he was dissapointed. If i was a St mirren fan i would want to know why he keeps accepting defeat from the old firm....

given that falkirk were at home and had a penalty awarded to them and came away with nothing, and st mirrern were cheted out a point, by a a horrendous refereeing decision, you cant really compare the two

Forres Jambo

From what i've heard from a guy who went to school with the ref you can bet he never gets an old firm game! If he does expect the Rankgers to be up in arms! Draw your own conclusions from that!

...[Eddie] Smith's background was investigated after last season's game at Love Street and the late Phil O'Donnell's uncle was said to be a lifelong Celtic supporter...

Hmmm.

Investigated by whom?

Regardless, not suprising to see a lifelong sellik fan been handed ra sellik's opening game though is it.

Q. How many SPL managers will it take to say to the SFA that the refs are at it before they act?

A. If they don't manage the OF their opinion doesn't matter

Hearts of Vladland

Hitlist

ABERDEEN

DUNDEE UNITED

FALKIRK

HAMILTON ACADEMICAL

HEARTS

HIBERNIAN

INVERNESS CT

KILMARNOCK

MOTHERWELL