favourite part of yesterday...

droid

wondered what others best parts were yesterday:

for me just seeing the spirit and determination back its been sadly missing in the past two years...thats (for me) what hearts are all about!!!

The fact for the first time in at least a year I have left the ground and still been buzzing the next day.

Was a good day all round, but the celebrations at the winner were great to see. Kind of personifies the "Together" bumf.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Watching them play as a team, 500% more effort than we saw last year.

Trying to play good attractive ball on the deck football (the ideas were often more ambitious than the excecution but I'm sure it will come).

Watching a manager (with a suit on) with real passion for the game.

Watching Rankgers before the game and realising how much better we looked.

The noise at the winner was pretty impressive considering there were less than 13,000 Hearts fans in the ground.

Jam Tarts 1874

There was a good atmosphere right from the start, lets hope those empty seats are taken for the St.Midden game.

jamboinglasgow

for me, it was the passion in the players and officals. Also the feeling that we could of scored more and all through the match we were the better team. The feeling that this is us at the begining of Csabas leadership wondering what it will be like in six months.

But most of all Tynecastle feeling like the intimidating atmosphere for opposition players it can be.

Gimme an H...
There was a good atmosphere right from the start, lets hope those empty seats are taken for the St.Midden game.

Oh they will be.

Its amazing what a good start will do to attendance figures.

:rolleyes:

Miko's goal almost had me needing the attention of the paramedics but my other favourite moment was when the grubby 'Well fans started up with a 'You're not singing anymore..' jibe after the first equaliser...well...didn't the Jambos immediately launch into song again...haha. Been a while since there was anything approximating that sort of atmosphere, or that level of defiance from the fans. I loved it. Noisy, happy, roaring Tynecastle. :)

Gimme an H...

The 'Are you watching Mark McGhee' song was particularly pleasing. As was all 3 of our goals. The cheer at the final whistle was great aswell.

Im really getting into this cheesy 'Together' thing.

Happy ****ing Days :D

heartsfc_fan

The game had it all yesterday. Chances. Tense moments. Cracking game of football and a good atmosphere from both sets of fans aswell.

I can't actually remember the last time I properly "celebrated" a Hearts goal like I did. Jumping up and down and even standing on my seat for a brief moment ;)

We can't get ahead of ourselves too soon, but if you ask me, Motherwell are a good side and have a good manager and will be well up there in the top 6 this season. If we can beat them (and bare in mind I still reckon we are 3 players short of a half decent team) I think we are in for a good season :)

...and what's more, on a wee side note. In getting a paper today at the shop and decided to pick up the back of the west coast rag that is "The Sunday Mail" and interesting enough there was a picture of US on the back page with a decent headline about us winning :rolleyes:

john brownlee

not really let the glory hunters stay in their hovells we could do without their greeting, booing and moanin when things dont their way.

I have about twenty new faces around me this first game ( only the family from mayfield behind me )I cant believe their was so many non believers would risk losing their seats just on one badish season the seat beside was empty and as I was going for a P, I met the exholder and asked him why he wasn't in his seat thinking it was my BO. He said didnt rennew but at the last minute changed his mind and went to the game (passion or what) do I forgive him when he knows his seat's still empty and renews next week or sneeks back to his seat he has ocuppied for many years but then again the new guy that has his seat could be on holiday.

ArmiyaRomanova

The nervous but upbeat atmosphere.

Stewart's goal.

Audrie's goal.

Miko's goal.

And it looks like the constantly moaning git who sat two rows behind me last season hasn't renewed. Bonus!

Watching them play as a team, 500% more effort than we saw last year.

Trying to play good attractive ball on the deck football (the ideas were often more ambitious than the excecution but I'm sure it will come).

Watching a manager (with a suit on) with real passion for the game.

Watching Rankgers before the game and realising how much better we looked.

Shabba?;)

being able to sit in the pub at the end of the game with my fellow jambos, all with smiles on our faces knowing that today saw:

a great game of football

players playing with a passion for the jersey

a manager who knows what he's doing and wants

a goal fit for goal of the season

a superb hearts win against a good motherwell side

its been a long time since any of us can say we saw all of thee above

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
The 'Are you watching Mark McGhee' song was particularly pleasing. As was all 3 of our goals. The cheer at the final whistle was great aswell.

Im really getting into this cheesy 'Together' thing.

Happy ****ing Days :D

And did I hear "Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow Rangers, are you watching our first team?" from the school end of the Wheatfield Stand? Or was it just wishful thinking? If it was, well done whoever started it.

The best thing about yesterday was experiencing the lows of Motherwell scoring an undeserved equaliser, because of one of our strikers near enough on the halfway line taking a touch sending the ball right back outside Hearts box and then that **** Clarkson scoring the luckiest goal I have seen in a while, the original shot was going wide until it hit Berra... at this point judging from last season I would have bet on Motherwell going on to win the game but for the first time in years seeing Hearts show some determination and grit to grab a winner, in spectacular fashion.. MIKO MIKO MIKO!!! Also was really pleased for Shabba getting off to a good start!

Haven't celebrated a goal that much for a while, I practically ran down the stairs!!! Bring on the Rangers!

was the positive signs on the future.

Laszlo had them playing as a team, better organised, fitter, more will to win.

There are obviously still huge flaws in the calibre of our players - but Saturday started to show what we have all been crying out for - getting the most out of the players available.

maroonlegions
The noise at the winner was pretty impressive considering there were less than 13,000 Hearts fans in the ground.

the crowd was given as 14,456 or there abouts.;):107years:

Some passion at last!! not just from the players but from the fans as well. It just shows the difference a new manager can make. Even when Motherwell equalised for a second time, I thought we weren't out of the game although I didn't expect such a quick response. Last season we would have crumbled and probably been beaten.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

just on one badish season .

2 gash seasons footballing-wise

Also, there were a lot of boo-boys at Dunfermline preseason, wouldnt call them glory hunters.

However, a good result at Ibrox next week will have the place full again I'd say.

Hope you cope OK! :rolleyes:

LeeBarclay94

Determination & Passion of the fans, the players and Csaba!. Seems to be a real buzz about Tynie again!.

Oh and the Jason Thomson song from section G was different class, Jason himself seemed to enjoy it!.

He's got ginger hair!...But we dont care!...Walking in a Thomson wonderland!.haha

auldbauldfan
Snap, best moment this year at Tynie!

And his tremendous tackle to win the ball late on.

Really enjoyed Saturday. There's no doubting that last season, we'd never have won that game.

But now.... The effort was there, the work rate was there, the atmosphere was there...... and I came away from the game happy with what i'd seen. It was far from a perfect performance, but it was a million times better than last years drivel.

But..... the best part of it for me was seeing just how much that winning goal meant to Miko - that says a lot to me.

But..... the best part of it for me was seeing just how much that winning goal meant to Miko - that says a lot to me.

Same here Erik, he absolutely loved it.

He has the talent to be a great player for us.

Same here Erik, he absolutely loved it.

He has the talent to be a great player for us.

If he could show the same hunger and determination as he did on Saturday week in week out, he'd be one of our best players.

Consistency is the key!

If he could show the same hunger and determination as he did on Saturday week in week out, he'd be one of our best players.

Consistency is the key!

His crunching tackle to put the ball out for a throw-in in front of the Wheatfield was the baws.

Good to see him showing some guts and no shortage of skill.

Archived