What players need to work on as individuals

i8hibsh

Mikey Stewart

He showed yesterday how awesome he can be. I do get nervous everytime he plays tho as he is such a hot head. His over zelousness means he lunges clumsilly into challenges. He gives away needless set pieces and is always likely to have an early shower.

His pasing is either sublime or woeful. He needs to work on his passing.

Andrew Driver

Very gifted footballer. Only ever known 2 Hearts players than can skin a player so well, Skacel and Colquhoun. His touch is fantastic, he's pacy and very attack minded. His biggest weak point and something that he MUST work on. His goals per sho ratio os dreadful

Who else and what must they work on?

Buffalo Bill

From what I saw on Saturday:

Jason Thompson needs to hit the gym.

Driver need to practice more one on ones (although I thought he played well overall).

Makela needs to learn how to control a football.

The team also need to realise that they can't sit back and see out a slender lead (2-1). We are at our most productive when being proactive.

All in all, I was delighted with the game v Motherwell. Lots still to work on, but the effort was there.

Buffalo Bill

From what I saw on Saturday:

Jason Thompson needs to hit the gym.

Driver need to practice more one on ones (although I thought he played well overall).

Makela needs to learn how to control a football.

The team also need to realise that they can't sit back and see out a slender lead (2-1). We are at our most productive when being proactive.

All in all, I was delighted with the game v Motherwell. Lots still to work on, but the effort was there.

Buffalo Bill

Thompson needs to beef up - that is a definate. I think glen does also

Im was alarmed how we seemed to rely a lot of Kingston and there was an AWFUL lot of high balls to him

Agreed tho - a decent performance but lots of work still to be done in training

Jambof3tornado

Berra and Zali must work on their distribution.

Wallace must have more confidence to go at people,he looks really quite good when he runs up the park.(in a non sexual kind of way)

Kara-p-diddy needs to build upper body strength coz he was pushed around a lot.

Mole just needs a goal or 2 to build his confidence up. His running was superb.

Audrey needs to work on his falling over,less theatrical and he may actaully get a decision going his way for once.

Wallace as said needs to get the confidence to run at people with the ball, we know he can do it.

Thomson: whats been said, but I thought his concentration was lacking at times too.

I've always said Driver needs to ort out his finishing consistency, and so does Audrey.

Driver must improve his decision making. Too often he gets in a superb position and wastes it by hesitating/taking too many touches.

In his positions, it's either blast it at goal or square it if you catch a maroon jersey in the corner of your eye. Hopefully Csaba gets that drilled into him.

Mikey Stewart

He showed yesterday how awesome he can be. I do get nervous everytime he plays tho as he is such a hot head. His over zelousness means he lunges clumsilly into challenges. He gives away needless set pieces and is always likely to have an early shower.

His pasing is either sublime or woeful. He needs to work on his passing.

Andrew Driver

Very gifted footballer. Only ever known 2 Hearts players than can skin a player so well, Skacel and Colquhoun. His touch is fantastic, he's pacy and very attack minded. His biggest weak point and something that he MUST work on. His goals per sho ratio os dreadful

Who else and what must they work on?

I agree about Mikey, i believe if he could get this sorted then he would be the standout captain for this club! Also think Driver needs to work on taking the ball with him on his runs. Too many times yesterday he ran and almost "forgot" the ball and got it caught under his feet!

jamboinglasgow

lets see

Thomson - beefing up and awareness, there is a player in there hopefully Csaba can bring him out.

Wallace - he just needs to run at players more having a defender who can sprint up the line and play one-twos with the winger is a great asset.

Kingston - he needs to learn that dont try the star play rather do the simple things better than everyone else, what marks star players out

Stewart - Keep a level head, prehaps give him assitant-captain so that he has a bit of reponsabilty so he can fire people up but feel he has to keep disciplined. Also practice passing.

Audrey - should be trained to not dive. Also practice shots

Driver - needs to practice descision making, whether to cross or shoot. Should practice running to the byline and then crossing low ball across the face of the goal.

Bert Le Clos

Just back from my hols and watched the highlights. Delighted with the win, we looked good going forward but some pretty dodgy defending.

What formation were we playing? Was Zal playing in midfield with Berra and Karapidis and centre helf?

And if so, were Eggert and Ruben injured or just not selected?

Guest JamboRobbo

Zaliuakas needs to work on not making mistakes that cost us goals on a regular basis. Specifically, charging out of his area to attack balls he's never going to get to, leaving a great big gap for their centre forward to run into, and getting his big clumsy clown feet to move a bit faster so he can actually control a football.

Driver needs to work on finishing.

Mikey Stewart on discipline. Not raising hands. Not talking back to ref. Not getting a rush of blood to the head and charging up the park and diving in with a sliding tackle from behind whilst already on a booking.

Larry needs to work on finding space and getting into the game if the opposition are trying to snuff him out of it.

Ksanavicius needs to work on fitness so he can last more than a half.

Kingston has to help out the full back. All too often in the first half he just watched as their players ran past him leaving Thomson horribly exposed. I noticed Csaba having a go at him at least twice in the first half telling him to track back.

Zaliukus looks quite good at times but he has a tendancy to get dragged out of position and caught under the high ball.

I was pleased to see that Laszlo saw that Kingston was not putting any effort in during the second half and took him off. Kingston looked surprised that he as the star player (as he sees it) would be taken off. Miko then stepped up and did his part with a stunning winner.

Remains to be seen how Kingston will react to the substitution. I hope that he will lift his effort in future.

Nelly Terraces

Makela needs to work on getting himself sorted at another club.

Never want to see that bloke pull on the maroon and white ever again, though, strangely, I'm kind of glad I was there to witness his 'cameo' performance on Saturday, such was it's ineptitude, it was like watching a car crash, you know you shouldn't, but you can't help it. Bizarrely compelling in it's gashness.

Archived