Steven Banks Booking(merged)

Swimmer

Just watched the SPL highlights and even more refereeing inconsistency.....

Banks got booked for kicking the ball away after Motherwells 2nd goal yet Steven Craigan did exactly the same after Miko's goal but doesn't get booked!

:eek:

Dirk Diggler

It was the lying, corrupt, cheating, swine of a man that is Iain Bhrines.

1. Be thankful we finished the game with 11 men on the park.

And

2. Be thankful we won the game.

That is not normally the case.

:sad:

Surely the yellow for kicking the ball away is if you delay play, for example the other team taking a foul against you. So the only thing he delayed was the restart. And were the Motherwell players all in their own half waiting for the restart? Or celebrating?

I was gob-smacked when Banksy got a yellow card for that.

Brines was desperate to have a go at any Hearts player at the first opportunity that he could. Vile specimen of a human being!

Guest jambomickey

that's the first i knew of that! didn't notice banks being booked at the game but that's because i was too busy giving makela stick

ToadKiller Dog

I thought Banks was ****ed off with Brines and told him so, as he thought that the game was going to be stopped when the ref ran over to the motherwell player at the Makela muck up,i actually thought he whistled at first to stop the game myself but my hearing from the other side of the ground aint that good.

Crazy booking ... Motherwell player runs into the back of the net to retreive the ball, clearly upset Banks boots the ball away to prevent him doing so. Ball is back on the centre spot for Hearts to re-start the game while Motherwell players are still returning to their own half following goal celebrations. If any timewasting has taken place then it can only be the Motherwell players who are holding up the restart ! Presumably Banks' booking must have been for ungentlemanly conduct and if this is the case, then what about the nob who was squaring up to him trying to prevent him from organising the wall for the free kick shortly afterards ? Or was this an attempt to get Banks to react and sent off ?

I think Csaba is being a bit generous when he describes Motherwell as playing "very fair" !

I've always said that over the past three years - ever since the Andy Davis affair - we've picked up one or two completely needless bookings per game courtousey of referees who seem to be out to make a name for themselves at Hearts expense. These needless bookings are part of the reason for us landing up with a ?40,000 fine.

I'm not saying that in the past we haven't had problems with team discipline - however bookings like the one Banks picked up yesterday just defy logic.

Just a quick one.

Was at the game on Saturday and have since read in two separate papers that Banks was booked. It maybe amidst all the excitment of a passionate home performance I got all teary eyed with memories of years gone by and simply missed this but i cannae for the life of me mind of seeing him receiving any card.

Anyone fill me in before I start to question my own sanity????

Ta

Commander Harris
Just a quick one.

Was at the game on Saturday and have since read in two separate papers that Banks was booked. It maybe amidst all the excitment of a passionate home performance I got all teary eyed with memories of years gone by and simply missed this but i cannae for the life of me mind of seeing him receiving any card.

Ta

think he got booked for apparantly kicking the ball away after their 2nd goal.

Just a quick one.

Ta

Yep, booked for kicking the ball away after Motherwell's second goal, thought that the booking was a bit harsh. (IMO)

sorry hadn't seen that either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers for all answers, mods feel free to delete if felt necessary.

off for an eye exam!

Archived