mark mcghees comments

winston churchill

winston churchill

did anybody else hear him on radio scotland today at parkhead.

when he was asked about the game yesterday.

we controlled long periods of the game:confused:

we gifted hearts two goals:confused:

their third was a break- away:confused:.

Commander Harris

so goals from crap defending don't count, that's their two chalked off then.

Drylaw Hearts

Once a nob always a nob.

He thinks he'll be the next Celtic manager but in reality he's more likely to be the next Aberdeen boss.

so goals from crap defending don't count, that's their two chalked off then.

See you have got that wrong their goals came from great play while they were on top. :confused:

I really think he expected to turn up and we would be a shambles. Csaba spanked his arse and sent him home.

Once a nob always a nob.

He thinks he'll be the next Celtic manager but in reality he's more likely to be the next Aberdeen boss.

Said at the time we lost out on him not a chance in hell he will get the celtic managers job.

Greedy_Jambo
Once a nob always a nob.

Saying that, is gordon strachan any better? Mcghee with celtics bank balance = a better team than celtic have

just now if you ask me.

Ignore McGhee. He's a bitter sellik-mhinded scrote. Glad we didn't appoint him as we've got someone much much better. :)

have a listen to this,a real gentleman paying compliments to the opposition

Sadly Jerry, there are not many people who have the style or fair-mindedness of our manager. :o

I said at the time he knocked back Hearts that his stock would never be higher as it was then,and i stand by that statement.

Dirk Diggler
Csaba spanked his arse and sent him home.

:Agree:

Remember the disappointment the majority of us felt when news started to filter through that McGhee had signed the new deal at Motherwell?

Seems a long time ago now doesn't it?

:)

FTMM.

he obviously wanted to beat us badly as these comments prove..........

he usually talks sense but i'm sure he realises deep down that his summary of the game is way way off the mark.if not he's a ****,pure and simple.......:rolleyes:

Thunderstruck

Should have given him a blast of Connie Francis at full time. What about "Who's sorry now".

But we are bigger than that.

rab obanheartsno1

it was great to getit up that celtic loving maghee,and the icing on the cake,miko getting the winner,as they say rock the casba rock the casba:107years:

The Old Tolbooth

I had to laugh when McGhee completely backed the shocking decision to award smeltic yet another very dodgy penalty, and basically crawled right up their arses, quite obviously, and very shamefully, touting himself for the job, and then Chick Young came on fuming that the penalty had been awarded and stated that he would remember him sticking up for Celtic the next time a decision went against Motherwell in favour of the old firm, he really didn't know what to say.

I honestly think we had a major lucky escape when that tosser turned back instead of meeting with Vlad.

Dirk Diggler

I honestly think we had a major lucky escape when that tosser turned back instead of meeting with Vlad.

blessing_in_disguise_73855.jpg

I never thought that at the time, mind.

Although now, after reading his comments about Rangers getting beat by Kaunas and after that today, I wish him all the ill fortune in the world.

I had to laugh when McGhee completely backed the shocking decision to award smeltic yet another very dodgy penalty, and basically crawled right up their arses, quite obviously, and very shamefully, touting himself for the job, and then Chick Young came on fuming that the penalty had been awarded and stated that he would remember him sticking up for Celtic the next time a decision went against Motherwell in favour of the old firm, he really didn't know what to say.

Not trying to defend the tossbag, but McGhee said something like refereees have a hard job, get most of their decisions right, blah bla and Chic chipped in to say he'd remember him saying that through the season next time McGhee had a refereeing decision go against Motherwell.....

WTF!!! they genuinely were NEVER in the game!!!

if we had a decent striker we would have won by 5!!

GTF McgHHHHHHee

givememychoice

Match Stats

Hearts Motherwell

Shots (on Goal) 10(6) 6(2)

Fouls 14 14

Corner Kicks 1 3

Offsides 1 1

Time of Possession 57% 43%

Yellow Cards 3 2

Red Cards 0 0

Saves 1 4

aye, well done mcghee...proper domination. You had 2 shots on goal. You scored both.

Definitely glad we got csaba

marshallschunkychicken
Match Stats

Hearts Motherwell

Fouls 14 14

Corner Kicks 1 3

Offsides 1 1

Yellow Cards 3 2

Red Cards 0 0

Saves 1 4

aye, well done mcghee...proper domination. You had 2 shots on goal. You scored both.

Pretty much sums up what I was about to say. The highlighted bit puts to bed McGhee's claims of 'dominating large portions of the game', unless he means 43% of the time, during most of which they were fa**ying about in their own half.

Toxteth O'Grady
Ignore McGhee. He's a bitter sellik-mhinded scrote. Glad we didn't appoint him as we've got someone much much better. :)

Absolutely correct IMO

Credit where it is due for Csaba's appointment

Mr Romanov has found a good un I think

Oops Mark, made yourself look a bit silly there.... :laugh:

He's the only person in the world who thinks any of those things, and all he's managing to do is make himself look like a complete breast with comments like that. Bitterness can eat away at a man, as they say.

The more he opens his mouth, the more relieved I am that he's nowhere near our football club. He has no class whatsoever. Yuck.

No longer active

Motherwell's second was an OG. It was wide left until it hit Zal. So, only 1 shot on target.

Yes,**** mcghee was not at the same game as me!

How much fun is it listening to Shabba?

He starts and just keeps going!

I love how many "most important" things there are to him.

3 mins and about 3 questions at most!

I could listen to him all day. He is a star!

As for McGhee....he has gone down in my estimation over the last few days.

Sucking up to the infirm like a ten bob hooker in Leith to a guy in a mercedes.

Glad we have Shabba.

Match Stats

Hearts Motherwell

Fouls 14 14

Corner Kicks 1 3

Offsides 1 1

Yellow Cards 3 2

Red Cards 0 0

Saves 1 4

Does the second one count? It was possibly a shot on goal but it was not a shot on target - the deflection was vital!

Nelly Terraces

Jog on McGhee ya Ceptic loving troll. Shabba's done you up like a kipper, you nonce.

Happy days. Shabba 1 - McGhee GTF.

maltese jambo

Oh come on!

We were all praying for him to come to us and we know it!

Paradox in the extreme.

Oh come on!

Paradox in the extreme.

I think most of us are now glad we didn't get him.

He would never have been committed to Hearts, he's a graceless tosser and he talks pish.

I'll stick with Shabba.

I was one of those who never understood all the "excitement" over the prospect of having McGhee come to Tynie...... and this is the very reason why.

He's average at best.

Motherwell didnt have much to offer at all on Saturday. I suspect that's the way their season will go.

Drylaw Hearts
Oh come on!

Paradox in the extreme.

I didn't want him and said so on many occassions.

Oh come on!

Paradox in the extreme.

No. We weren't. Not all.

I have said all along that McGhee was nothing special. When he was being talked up as the next Scotland manager after Smith left I came in for some criticism for making the following point. Who is he and what the hell has he done that is worth talking abou?!?!

Nelly Terraces

McGhee is a nobody. He's been well and truly Shabba'd.

Mudderhell looked poor to me on Saturday and we shoulda finished them off in the 1st 20mins of the 2nd half when we were all over them. A decent strikeforce and we'd have creamed them.

The People's Chimp
Sadly Jerry, there are not many people who have the style or fair-mindedness of our manager. :o

Indeed. He's someone who has conducted himself very well, stylish, professional and intelligent.

The People's Chimp
Match Stats

Hearts Motherwell

Fouls 14 14

Corner Kicks 1 3

Offsides 1 1

Yellow Cards 3 2

Red Cards 0 0

Saves 1 4

It's frankly appalling that we have the higher booking count there. Motherwell under mcghee are a dirty side, you saw bob malcolm and lasley's tackles. Yet we left the pitch with three bookings?

It's fine to talk about discipline, but stewart should never have been booked; lasley went right through him. Audrey, i thought may have gone down easily, but not having seen the incident on the bbc highlights (Quelle surprise!) i can't judge for sure. But what i would say is that motherwell were the far dirtier side, as they have been under mcghee viz. clarkson's attempts ot get jose sent off for an elbow n the SC game at tynie etc...

Drylaw Hearts
It's frankly appalling that we have the higher booking count there. Motherwell under mcghee are a dirty side, you saw bob malcolm and lasley's tackles. Yet we left the pitch with three bookings?

It's fine to talk about discipline, but stewart should never have been booked; lasley went right through him. Audrey, i thought may have gone down easily, but not having seen the incident on the bbc highlights (Quelle surprise!) i can't judge for sure. But what i would say is that motherwell were the far dirtier side, as they have been under mcghee viz. clarkson's attempts ot get jose sent off for an elbow n the SC game at tynie etc...

Stewart lifted his hands and under the rules this was a booking.

Ksanavicius dived in the box and this was also a booking.

Banks booted the ball away and I think Brines was a bit too eager to book Banks for that.

Motherwell deserved to have had at least one more booking for Clarksons dive.

Guest JamboRobbo

It's fine to talk about discipline, but stewart should never have been booked; lasley went right through him.

Stewart raised his hands. Like he did on numerous occasions last year. If he raises his hands, he has no grounds for complaint when he gets booked. He took a huge risk not long later when he put in a crazy risky lunge from behind which would've got him a red if he hadn't got bang on the ball. There was no need to take this risk. It's a part of Stewarts game that needs sorting out.

Audrey, i thought may have gone down easily, but not having seen the incident on the bbc highlights (Quelle surprise!) i can't judge for sure.

At the game, I thought it was a pen. having seen it on TV, there is little doubt it was a dive.

It struck me that in the First Half the balance of Possession may well have been in their favour. They seemed to have a lot of the ball and be in no hurry to do anything with it.

When we got possession, by contrast, we seemed determined to use it quickly. Ironically McGhee's team seemed to be pursuing a more stereotypically "continental" game plan while Csaba had his players playing with something approaching a traditional direct "British" approach.

The first two Hearts goals were great examples of this approach. Yes Motherwell's defender made mistakes but that's because Hearts were breaking at them so fast that they forced the mistakes.

Anybody who watches their side lose by the odd goal in five is going to feel sorry for themselves and on that showing Motherwell are going to pick up some decent results this season but while it's true that with a bit more luck they could have got something out of the game it's equally true that Motherwell could just as easily have been on the end of a somewhat more embarassing defeat.

But that's not the point. Just as the narrative of Motherwell's last visit in the wake of Phil O'Donnell's demise was all about them Saturday was all about Hearts making a fresh start. McGhee deserves credit for instilling enough self belief in his players that they clawed themselves back to parity twice rather than folding but the real story is that we saw a Hearts team refuse to accept that it wasn't going to be their day.

After last season when conceding an equaliser seemed to be the inevitable precursor to eventual defeat the fact that Hearts didn't crumble amid recriminations is the story. There are plenty of positives McGhee can say about Motherwell performance, some of them are even true, but nobody outside of North Lanarkshire is going to give a toss what he says.

The story of Saturday is that Hearts look ferocious going forward and a bit suspect at the back. It's early days yet but it appears that we're going to drop quite a few points this season but they wont be meekly surrendered in the manner that happened so often last season.

As for us all being desperate for McGhee to come to Hearts last January...

Those were desperate times indeed.

After last season when conceding an equaliser seemed to be the inevitable precursor to eventual defeat the fact that Hearts didn't crumble amid recriminations is the story. There are plenty of positives McGhee can say about Motherwell performance, some of them are even true, but nobody outside of North Lanarkshire is going to give a toss what he says.

The story of Saturday is that Hearts look ferocious going forward and a bit suspect at the back. It's early days yet but it appears that we're going to drop quite a few points this season but they wont be meekly surrendered in the manner that happened so often last season.

As for us all being desperate for McGhee to come to Hearts last January...

Those were desperate times indeed.

:clap:

I concur....

McGhee is a nobody. He's been well and truly Shabba'd.

Mudderhell looked poor to me on Saturday and we shoulda finished them off in the 1st 20mins of the 2nd half when we were all over them. A decent strikeforce and we'd have creamed them.

like it alot. i said at the end of last season that m/well got lucky with injuries and suspensions. they will struggle this year and imo botttom six with the filth

I honestly don't understand the ill-feeling towards McGhee on this forum. Yes, he turned the job down, but given what's gone on at the club in the last few years can you really blame him? I think he's always been respectful and actually complimentary towards Hearts in everything he's said (unlike the likes of Calderwood). In any case, him turning down the job might not turn out to be such a bad thing so why don't we all just move on?

Seymour M Hersh
Stewart lifted his hands and under the rules this was a booking.

Ksanavicius dived in the box and this was also a booking.

Banks booted the ball away and I think Brines was a bit too eager to book Banks for that.

Motherwell deserved to have had at least one more booking for Clarksons dive.

Oddly enough their fans thought it was a pen as contact was made. From a link to steelmen.whatever I read last night.

Archived