SFA gift Celts ANOTHER pen

Griclesfield

pennantjambo
May I suggest a thread highlighting ALL the poor decisions made by refs and then at the end of the Season see how many were in favour of the OF.

Good idea m8, if refs and the GFA think that supporters are keeping numerical tabs on the number of blatant blunders involving the OF then this may effect change in the types of future decisions made. It should be called the "Romanov/Levein Calculator" method in honour of the only two people who have dared to speak out against this historical cheating.

#1 Steve Banks handling the ball outside the area vs Motherwell 09/08/08

I haven't seen the Celtic incident yet but if people who have seen it are being fair minded, we have to ask:-

A) Were the officials 100% sure Banks handled - if you can't make it out, you can't give.

B) Was Smith 100% sure it was a penalty, or did he give it because it 'might' have been one?

That's where the difference lies, generally in the favout of the OF.

Would you say it was a deliberate hand ball by Banks?

Saw it from straight behind the Gorgie stand. Close, but not the best angle to see when he went over the line.

It looked like he handled when in the box, then lost it, momentum took him out the box, and may very well have fallen onto it. Any handling outside the box looked accidental.

The assistant was the only one who could really see where the deliberate handball took place.

And of course TV pictures.

I was disappointed not to hear from Gus MacPherson after the match. When will all the non OF teams get together and back each other against what is the establishment of Scottish football. Romanov was right, Levein was right, we are right...

Plus ca change, plus ca reste la meme chose...

This is where depite all his lunatic rantings, Romanov is 100% right. Despite being a Rangers man, and being shafted by Celtic, McPherson will be careful with his words when he eventually speaks.

There is a very good chance Smith, is er Celtic minded - McPherson plays it coy.

Freeland (who was hopeless) tells him to feck off - he goes off running to the press.

So McPherson is happy to cheated by a cheat, but not an incompetent. Similarly McGhee, Tangoman et all...

Well apart from Levein and Jefferies hasn't been shy either to have a go either.

And finally, you really have to respect Sir Alex of Govan all those years ago by drumming in to his players (and making it common knowledge he did so) that you will be cheated when playing the OF

Francis Albert

Just seen the"penalty" for the first time. Vlad was ridiculed for suggesting the OF got 15 points from referees. Well, one game and that's 2 already.

Drylaw Hearts
Just seen the"penalty" for the first time. Vlad was ridiculed for suggesting the OF got 15 points from referees. Well, one game and that's 2 already.

It was never a pen

However I thought they should have one earlier when JVH was brought down by the goalie.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Shocking decision but I'm not extending any sympathy to St Mirren. Get fu cked, cheating Paisley ****houses

the only way celtic were ever going to get 3 points to day was on a decision not from good play from them it was going to come from an important decision as usual, all the other teams apart from the old firm never get the big decisions when they need them, its pointless teams turning up, its against the law to win in glasgow

Dirk Diggler
Shocking decision but I'm not extending any sympathy to St Mirren. Get fu cked, cheating Paisley ****houses

Agreed.

I hope that lost point relegates the filth.

the only way celtic were ever going to get 3 points to day was on a decision not from good play from them it was going to come from an important decision as usual, all the other teams apart from the old firm never get the big decisions when they need them, its pointless teams turning up, its against the law to win in glasgow

Falkirk never seemed likely to score yesterday...but they got a penalty against Rangers.

Francis Albert
Falkirk never seemed likely to score yesterday...but they got a penalty against Rangers.

Yes they did (look likely to score).

And it wasn't in Glasgow.

Otherwise spot on.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes they did (look likely to score).

And it wasn't in Glasgow.

Otherwise spot on.

Excluding the pen I think Falkirk only had another efforts on target.

They didn't look like scoring imo.

And what has Glasgow got to do with it ?

Another refereeing " mistake " in favour of the old firm.

When was the last time one of these " mistakes " cost either of the old firm any points.

Erm...

When your compiling a list.

Remember to count these.

;)

I haven't seen the Celtic incident yet but if people who have seen it are being fair minded, we have to ask:-

A) Were the officials 100% sure Banks handled - if you can't make it out, you can't give.

B) Was Smith 100% sure it was a penalty, or did he give it because it 'might' have been one?

That's where the difference lies, generally in the favout of the OF.

From one angle it looked like Maining had a little pull at JVOH's arm, only after he himself had been illegally held off of course, and not enough to even put JVOH off his stride.

I can only think that the ref thought he had got the earlier one wrong. There was contact on the earlier one but JVOH went down lack a sack of spuds and the ball was out of play by the time he was contacted.

The one that was given was definetly NOT a penalty.

What shocks me about it (its hardly a shock Celtic getting a non penalty these days) is that McPherson said feck all about it. What a bottling no mark. Typical of that feckin lie doon club to accept what ever is dished out, even though that lost point(and they certainly would have got one) might well be the difference between that horrible little club staying up or going down.

I hope they go down and sink without a trace.........no mark Old firm loving gets that they are.

This is where depite all his lunatic rantings, Romanov is 100% right. Despite being a Rangers man, and being shafted by Celtic, McPherson will be careful with his words when he eventually speaks.

There is a very good chance Smith, is er Celtic minded - McPherson plays it coy.

Freeland (who was hopeless) tells him to feck off - he goes off running to the press.

So McPherson is happy to cheated by a cheat, but not an incompetent. Similarly McGhee, Tangoman et all...

Well apart from Levein and Jefferies hasn't been shy either to have a go either.

And finally, you really have to respect Sir Alex of Govan all those years ago by drumming in to his players (and making it common knowledge he did so) that you will be cheated when playing the OF

Was reading the Daily Ranger this morning (I know its gash but its the only decent paper down here) and was surprised to see Mr McPherson having a good old go at the ref...

Clicky

Was reading the Daily Ranger this morning (I know its gash but its the only decent paper down here) and was surprised to see Mr McPherson having a good old go at the ref...

Clicky

Indeed the Metro has him saying the ref was winking at him!!!

That is now almost half of the SPL who have now come out and openly questioned the integrity of Scottish referees - Hearts, United, Falkirk, St Mirren, Kilmarnock...When are the SFA going to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

MackaysCentreSpot
Would you say it was a deliberate hand ball by Banks?

Sitting nearly right in line with incident and by the look on Banks face after the incident I would have to say Yes.

For those that don't experience the joy that is public transport, from today's Metro....

Gus: Ref winked at me after penalty decision

by Bryan Young

St Mirren boss Gus MacPherson accused referee Eddie Smith of winking at him after the official awarded Celtic the winning penalty in their SPL-opener at Parkhead.

Smith, who awarded a dubious free-kick to Celtic last season at Love Street which led to a Shunsuke Nakamura winner, adjudged Will Haining to have fouled Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

After Haining was sent off, Barry Robson scored from the spot to give the home side three points. MacPherson, who admitted he had not seen a replay, said: 'The referee was winking at me. He'd need to explain why, I don't know if he was trying to irritate me. But he'll deny it.' He added: 'Smith won't change his mind. He and his observer thought they got it right last season - that's worrying.'

MacPherson also claimed he was one of several managers singled out at the referee's summer summit at St Andrews. He said: 'When you hear of a referee's meeting with SPL managers up on screens, then you maybe think you will become a target.'

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan said: 'I thought the referee was terrific. I thought it was a penalty and we could have had one before.'

If there's anything worse than a bad referee, it has to be a smartarse referee.

yet again we're left with two options to choose from our referees, either they're incompetent or they're blatant cheats.

yet again we're left with two options to choose from our referees, either they're incompetent or they're blatant cheats.

Or option 3, they're very much a bit of both.

Archived