SFA gift Celts ANOTHER pen

Griclesfield

Griclesfield
getting ?800 a game to cheat for your favourite team, no bad work if you can get it.

Nakamura freekick versus St Mirren last season he gave them ...

Now JVOH tugging St Mirren player ... PENALTY ....

the refs down in premiership get banned for s*** like this ....

not up here ..he will get a payrise !!

shaun.lawson

New season and (Hearts aside) same old ****. :mad:

Who's the ref, by the way?

Ryan Gosling

Eddie Smith.

"Uncle Phil"'s brother in law.

Attends the church Phil had his funeral at.

Not that religion matters...

never a penalty

never a sending off ....

SHOCKING officiating

AND he was offside when the ball was played to him :mad:

Thunderstruck

Don't worry, these things even themselves out over the season. No doubt St Midden will get a compensatory pen in an upcoming game.

Don't worry, these things even themselves out over the season. No doubt St Midden will get a compensatory pen in an upcoming game.

aye against us probably

WestcoastJambo
never a penalty

never a sending off ....

SHOCKING officiating

Pathetic refereeing, the status quo remains then.

scw98heartsfc

And so it begins...

an we all think vlad is mad with his coments, maybe not so

another 9 months of blattant cheating coming up...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why do the commentators have to try and find some way of justifying the decision. An error is an error and should be called as such (as should cheating).

shaun.lawson

Having just taken a peek at Kerrydale Street to see how embarrassed posters on there are, the vast majority of them are saying it's a shocking decision - but that, wait for it, it "evens up the one they should've had earlier", and that "they get enough pens that aren't given anyway".

You couldn't make it up.

shaun.lawson

And our survey says: "eh aw!"

Rangers will get a compensatory pen in an upcoming game, silly! Ergo, it'll have 'evened itself out', because there's only two teams in this league, didn't you know? :sad:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Obviously somebody, somewhere wasn't impressed. The live feed to Australia has disappeared!

Rangers will get a compensatory pen in an upcoming game, silly! Ergo, it'll have 'evened itself out', because there's only two teams in this league, didn't you know? :sad:

Aye, no doubt, but hopefully not next Saturday :mad:

correct ...............and who do der hun play next week?

Francis Albert

No, no - that's not how things "even themselves out". Rangers will get an equally dodgy penalty, maybe as soon as next week, and everything will be "evened out". None of the other teams in Scotland matter you see. (Sorry just seen Shaun's post with exactly the same point)

Probably against us then?

Having just taken a peek at Kerrydale Street to see how embarrassed posters on there are, the vast majority of them are saying it's a shocking decision - but that, wait for it, it "evens up the one they should've had earlier", and that "they get enough pens that aren't given anyway".

You couldn't make it up.

That was a dive as well, JVH deliberately tripped over the goalkeeper. :dribble:

Eddie Smith, I think

Yes another neutral appointment, Smith I believe comes from Hamilton, not too far away from Parkhead.

lmao yes st mirren probably will get a dodgy penalty awarded but against us not the old firm

I was disappointed not to hear from Gus MacPherson after the match. When will all the non OF teams get together and back each other against what is the establishment of Scottish football. Romanov was right, Levein was right, we are right...

Plus ca change, plus ca reste la meme chose...

Jambof3tornado

I hate it when people say these things even themselves out over a season,if that was the case,how come rangers and celtic give away the least penalties year in year out. Another corrupt official getting a decision very wrong,if he wasnt getting a good view of it,he cannot give it.

Shockerooney,but is it really that surprising. 1 week into the season and we dont get a penalty that we should have and celtic get one that they shouldnt have!!

Vlad's right in some things he says,especially about officials and the old firm.

Get english refs up here pronto just to give us a level playing field where the gruesome twosome are concerned.:)

Drylaw Hearts
worth starting a thread over...

May I suggest a thread highlighting ALL the poor decisions made by refs and then at the end of the Season see how many were in favour of the OF.

correct ...............and who do der hun play next week?

It's almost guaranteed isn't it, especially given how bad Rangers are at the moment. Penalty from a Velicka dive, anyone?!

I was bold ( or stupid ) enough to bet the match at half time to end in a draw...11/5......cheated yet again.

I wonder if there will be an investigation into the 'allegiances' of Eddie Smith like there was for that other fine official McCurry. :rolleyes:

May I suggest a thread highlighting ALL the poor decisions made by refs and then at the end of the Season see how many were in favour of the OF.

Cracking idea. Ref watch....

#1. 10/08/08 Smith awards Celtic a dubious penalty and red cards St. Mirren defender. Final score: Celtic 1 St. Mirren 0

Just been reminded by a St Mirren supporter that it was the same Eddie Smith (confirmed Celtic supporter, bro-in-law to Phil O'Donnell) who awarded last min free kick to Nakamura in Love St match which effectively won Celtic the title.

Joke!

#1 Steve Banks handling the ball outside the area vs Motherwell 09/08/08

Banks was lucky, but got away with it because the ref was facing him and so looked to the assistant to confirm whether in or out of the box. The assistant had a view of Banks's back and so couldn't see if he handled and so shook his head to deny the foul.

shaun.lawson
Banks was lucky, but got away with it because the ref was facing him and so looked to the assistant to confirm whether in or out of the box. The assistant had a view of Banks's back and so couldn't see if he handled and so shook his head to deny the foul.

Yes, but the point is it was still the wrong decision. If we're to be even handed in how we view all this, we have to be honest ourselves when the officials boo-boo in our favour: Eddie Smith will almost certainly argue that today's incident looked like a pen from his position and at normal speed, after all.

Thunderstruck

I would want to see on highlights but from memory and from a seat right behind in Gorgie Stand it looked like Banks was nudged and fell outside the box and the ball then hit his forearm which was grounded at the time. Accidental hand ball seemed to be what Brines was saying.

Celtic's POTY- Eddie Smith, he never lets the team down.

You just remember that ALL refs are masons. :rolleyes:

Something tells me the Celtic broom will have this wee matter well and truly swept under the carpet. If St. Mhirren were anything other than patsies then they would kick up a real fuss about this.

Yes, but the point is it was still the wrong decision. If we're to be even handed in how we view all this, we have to be honest ourselves when the officials boo-boo in our favour: Eddie Smith will almost certainly argue that today's incident looked like a pen from his position and at normal speed, after all.

Would you say it was a deliberate hand ball by Banks?

shaun.lawson
Would you say it was a deliberate hand ball by Banks?

I don't know: I've not seen it!

HAMILTON HEARTS
Not at all.

SIT IN MAIN STAND AND IT LOOKED LIKE HAND BALL .......BUT BANKS SHOULD HAVE GONE RIGHT THROUGH BERRA TO CLEAR THE BALL

So St Mirren were robbed against Celtic ?

I can't be the only Hearts fan to be happy with that, surely ?

I hope that the "lost" point today is the one that costs the buddies their SPL place come May.

So St Mirren were robbed against Celtic ?

I can't be the only Hearts fan to be happy with that, surely ?

I hope that the "lost" point today is the one that costs the buddies their SPL place come May.

I hope the old firm lose every time they play, to anyone. And I hope refereees will stop cheating to give them points they don't deserve, like today. Neither will always happen, but I can but hope...

Archived