That was ****ing brilliant!

Craigieboy

Firts chance since the game to post.

Yesterdays game showed that there are big changes at Hearts in all areas. Attitude, spirit, fight.

Mon the Hearts.

Yesterdays game showed that there are big changes at Hearts in all areas. Attitude, spirit, fight.

Mon the Hearts.

Same here, This is the happiest I've been with Hearts for at least a couple of years. It's great watching an organised, determined hearts side. It makes it better that the boo boys have cleared off in their save the club protest too. Good performance, good atmosphere and a good few beers in celebration :)

Same here, This is the happiest I've been with Hearts for at least a couple of years. It's great watching an organised, determined hearts side. It makes it better that the boo boys have cleared off in their save the club protest too. Good performance, good atmosphere and a good few beers in celebration :)

Great atmosphere mate.

A perfect day in so many ways.

A fair few large nips poured at my auld mans last night in celebration.

Great stuff.

john brownlee

Yep really good game plenty of spirit and guts plenty of plusses ,defo an inprovement on last season as my mate said same mince but different chef.

One or two small minusses but Mikkoooooo's goal was top drawer and put them to bed

Long time I've felt this good the morning after the opening game of the season long may it last and ofcourse the hobos getting gubbed was the iceing on the cake.

MacDonald Jardine

Yesterday's game would have been a draw at best last year.

There's still a lot of work to do but things look promising.

I think everyone enjoyed that one.

A good win and a good atmosphere at Tynecastle yesterday.

It was great getting the chance to cheer the players off the park at the end, it seemed to go on for ages.

Yup, but the first of many small steps has been taken.

Hopefully Csaba can add one or two new faces as we still badly need it.

chester copperpot

I was thoroughly encouraged yesterday with that performance. It just goes to show what we're capable of with a proper manager.

I'm begginning to like this Hungarian chap.

Still have a nagging feeling that Vlad has a bigger part in the selection than we all know though.

maltese jambo
Yesterday's game would have been a draw at best last year.

I reckon we would have lost that last year

What a game!

Hilary Briss
Attitude, spirit, fight.

In a nutshell mate, something we havnt seen in two years. We would have folded when it went to 1 - 1 last year. A decent striker and a right back and we will pish third IMO.

If it wasn't for someone nicking my jacket in the pub last night I would be on top of the moon.

It was a great game and probably the best I've felt leaving a Hearts game in a while.

Aces.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

What a difference a manager can make to the same group of players!

Stewart, Mole, Miko were all excellent, what a difference from last season!

Driver and Thompson were superb too.

Buffalo Bill

Still have a nagging feeling that Vlad has a bigger part in the selection than we all know though.

Even with Miko on the bench?

Buffalo Bill

Driver yes, Thompson not so much. He's clearly going to be a decent player but made some of the simple stuff look difficult.

Anyway, sticking with the positive, Driver always looked dangerous (I just wish he would have a go with the right peg sometimes), Berra was pretty solid, and Stewart was very good. Still a few signs that the match sharpness isn't quite there which is to be expected.

Miko bailed Makela out - his first touch was terrible all day yesterday. It added to the excitement though.

chester copperpot

Buffalo Bill

Yes because yesterday apart, Zaliukas has been woeful for us for the last 12 months.

Drylaw Hearts

Mon the Hearts.

Agreed.

Another plus point for me was the absence of Cherenkov and the translator guy in the dugout.

What a difference a manager can make to the same group of players!

Stewart, Mole, Miko were all excellent, what a difference from last season!

yes it was really enjoyable day yesterday and it's been a long time since we witnessed a hearts team play with passion, commitment and an organisation that made us look like a real team who played for each other. it's looking like our blundering owner may of appointed a manager who knows what he's doing. the spirit in this team is all down to laszlo and we'll all benefit as long as romanov keeps his butt out of first team affairs.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes because yesterday apart, Zaliukas has been woeful for us for the last 12 months.

I would have included yesterday aswell.

It was very weak defending by Zaliukas at both the 'well goals yesterday.

chester copperpot

He did play one of the best passes I've ever seen to driver yesterday though.

I know what you mean.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Drop Zaliukas, play Karipidis at the back, Kingston in the middle, Miko on the right. Sorted!

Cardiac Rucksack

Overly harsh, Thomson fell asleep at the throw and Zaliukas had to go out and cover for him Hughes had a great first touch past him and it was either clatter him for a pen or let him go and hope we defended the ball in better.

The second goal you have just played pick the lith and blame him for it.

Zaliukas was superb yesterday, a sign of a good defender is one that when a ball comes to him, you feel comfortable that he will get rid of it either by header or kicking it, he won possibly 90% of high balls that came to him yesterday.

Kingston won quite a bit of headers yesterday, he tired a bit in the second half and couldn't get up for them as much but still, a good performance.

I've now seen Thomson play for a short while and I still think we need Neilson back. I'm not saying he isn't good enough to play for us, but he doesn't have that reliability Robbie has.

Overall, it was a great game of football, I do like my 3-2's, I can't wait to see the highlights, first time I have thought that is a while...

And to top it all of, I had a ?4 double on Hearts and Killie at about 4/1.

Drop Zaliukas, play Karipidis at the back, Kingston in the middle, Miko on the right. Sorted!

And two good new strikers! I agree!!

Drylaw Hearts
Overly harsh, Thomson fell asleep at the throw and Zaliukas had to go out and cover for him Hughes had a great first touch past him and it was either clatter him for a pen or let him go and hope we defended the ball in better.

I didn't play pick the Lith.

I played 'pick the player who defended poorly at both goals' and it just so happens it was Zaliukas.

Makela was at fault for Motherwell's second goal yesterday. I agree Zal had a chance to clear and didn't but as soon as Makela lost the ball where he did the writing was on the wall :(

rossthejambo
I didn't play pick the Lith.

I played 'pick the player who defended poorly at both goals' and it just so happens it was Zaliukas.

think its a bit harsh picking him for the second one. if makela hadnt lost the ball nothing would have happened.

and for the first i think berra was at fault personally. think he should have been awake to the cross ball. he let clarkson come right across him. just my opinion obviously.

Charlie-Brown

Makela was entirely to blame for the second goal - he gifted possession 35 yards out and had us caught moving foward - from that moment Motherwell had numeral advantage directly in front of our box and we were under severe pressure, Berra, Zaliukas and Banks could have done better but they should never have been put in that position.

yes it was really enjoyable day yesterday and it's been a long time since we witnessed a hearts team play with passion, commitment and an organisation that made us look like a real team who played for each other. it's looking like our blundering owner may of appointed a manager who knows what he's doing. the spirit in this team is all down to laszlo and we'll all benefit as long as romanov keeps his butt out of first team affairs.

Delighted that Mr Romanov took his time in finding a manager that is as good as the one we have now got.

He could easily have caved in to the pressure and appointed any old numpty to keep the fans that were becoming impatiant happy.

Hopefully the boycotting fans will see this and start supporting the club again.

Sorry but Csaba wasn't here last season so he will be judging players on what he has seen. And maybe he has seen that Zal and Berra are the best partnership.

Sorry but Csaba wasn't here last season so he will be judging players on what he has seen. And maybe he has seen that Zal and Berra are the best partnership.

Agree with what you're saying.

Maybe we just have a manager who actually looked at the players available AND did a bit of research on the opposition and chose his team accrodingly!

I suspect he will change his tactics away to the 'Gers.

It may be nice to have a settled team but you also need to be able to change tactics if things aren't going our way.

Yeah I personally would have had Kingston in center-mid and Miko or Chesney right, probably karipidis instead of Zali but who knows what Shabba has seen in training etc.

Bottom line it was a good performance, good entertainment, good result. If we keep going like that it would be unfair to challenge the team selection at the moment.

Drylaw Hearts
Makela was at fault for Motherwell's second goal yesterday. I agree Zal had a chance to clear and didn't but as soon as Makela lost the ball where he did the writing was on the wall :(

think its a bit harsh picking him for the second one. if makela hadnt lost the ball nothing would have happened.

and for the first i think berra was at fault personally. think he should have been awake to the cross ball. he let clarkson come right across him. just my opinion obviously.

Makela was entirely to blame for the second goal - he gifted possession 35 yards out and had us caught moving foward - from that moment Motherwell had numeral advantage directly in front of our box and we were under severe pressure, Berra, Zaliukas and Banks could have done better but they should never have been put in that position.

Makela is to blame for losing the ball but Zaliukas had 2 opportunities to boot the ball clear and didn't.

Ryan Gosling
Makela is to blame for losing the ball but Zaliukas had 2 opportunities to boot the ball clear and didn't.

Not true.

Just watched it there, Clarkson tried to play it through to Porter, Zaliukas blocked it, the ball went back to Clarkson whose shot was going wide until it hit off Berra's foot giving him yet another own goal.

Charlie-Brown
Not true.

Just watched it there, Clarkson tried to play it through to Porter, Zaliukas blocked it, the ball went back to Clarkson whose shot was going wide until it hit off Berra's foot giving him yet another own goal.

It looked a scrappy / lucky goal from where I was and Banks, Berra & Zaliukas all might have done better to prevent it but Makela's fumbled possession directly in front of our penalty area was the direct reason why Motherwell were able to score.

I wonder if Glasgow Hearts bus was singing their theme song on the way home yesterday....you know the one?...

"....and when I get a couple of drinks on a Saturday, Laszlo belongs to me......"

I'll get my coat!

Drylaw Hearts
Not true.

I will watch it again.

Pants Shaton
Delighted that Mr Romanov took his time in finding a manager that is as good as the one we have now got.

He could easily have caved in to the pressure and appointed any old numpty to keep the fans that were becoming impatiant happy.

Hopefully the boycotting fans will see this and start supporting the club again.

Talk about re-writing history! I agree Csaba looks the business and I renewed my season ticket shortly after he was appointed. However to suggest that Romanov was deliberating over the appointment for 6 months (if you chose January as the starting point) or the 18 months since Valdas left - is ridiculous.

When McGhee unexpectedly pulled the plug we were back to square one and at least 2 candidates turned Romanov down before Csaba was given the job.

Still, any fan currently boycotting the games is a glory hunting idiot :)

Drylaw Hearts
Try watching it with your eyes open this time. :)

I just have.

I was a bit harsh on Zaliukas saying he had 2 opportunities to boot the ball clear.

I actually thought he was closer to first pass to Clarkson.

But I still think he should done a lot better with his attempted block.

Dirk Diggler

Buffalo Bill

....and even with Ivaskevicius nowhere to be seen?

Johnny Fingers

Ron Burgundy

Good post.

If Zaliukas hadn't jumped out his way it was a certain penalty.

To blame him for the second is absurd.

Dirk Diggler
Good post.

If Zaliukas hadn't jumped out his way it was a certain penalty.

To blame him for the second is absurd.

Good post although it was Larry who fell asleep and not JT, IMHO.

No. Hopefully they'll stay away and we'll get people who want to get behind the Hearts to sit on their seats.

That was a much better atmosphere than any game from last season bar the 4-2 Huns match.

No Boos - Just 100% backing espacially secs E,F and N

cambuslangjambo

Now that was a team effort we can be proud of. If we can do the same this week at ibrox I will be well chuffed

Nelly Terraces
Now that was a team effort we can be proud of. If we can do the same this week at ibrox I will be well chuffed

Agree though we sttill need firepower up front asap. Mole worked his maroon socks off, but is no way a 'striker', though I thought as the game wore on he managed to hold the ball up a bit more (that will be massively important at the Bronx, we need the balls up front to stick to take the pressure off). He looks bigger and fitter this seaz as well, with someone decent beside him, he might do a job for us.

Great to beat those peasants on Saturday. Great fight by the lads, we know we're not the finished article by a long way, but any fitba fan will forgive their team that as long as the show guts and determination. Last 2 seasons, when it went 1-1 it would've been pack of cards time for us folding, but to come back twice and win showed something that's been lack for way too long. Left the Fortress happy for the 1st time in god knows when on Saturday. Top atmos in Sec N lower as well, top effort all round.:)

Gorgie Rules. FTH.

No. Hopefully they'll stay away and we'll get people who want to get behind the Hearts to sit on their seats.

That was a much better atmosphere than any game from last season bar the 4-2 Huns match.

No Boos - Just 100% backing espacially secs E,F and N

The more the merrier. We want to get back to the days when Vlad first arrived. Those were the best.

any old numpty is what romanov has employed in the past my wee friend.

has your eyes not witnessed the shambolic performances the hearts fans have had to witness over the past 2+ years.

boycotting games is not the way for fans to show they're not happy. slagging romanov and his bootlicking muppets (that encludes some fans) is what tells the world that the support will not stand for gross mismanagement of the team we all love.

Randle P McMurphy

The feeling after leaving this game compared to the opening day defeat by the hobos is like night and day. Let the good times roll!

ernie winchester
Good post although it was Larry who fell asleep and not JT, IMHO.

That's how I saw it. Larry should've tracked him. He tried to when he realized that Hughes had made the run, but too late (if anyoen's to blame, it's Larry). Zal spotted it and moved out to try to cover, but Hughes was too slick for him. Not really Zal's fault although if he'd anticipated Hughes getting to the ball first, he could've pulled out earlier and covered the run but... wouldn't blame Zal for that.

Second goal, Zal simply stuck out a foot to prevent the ball reaching Porter, which was the immediate danger. Just unfortunate it fell perfectly for Clarkson.

My verdict? Zal had a good game, looked solid on the ground and very solid in the air, and not at fault for either goal, (and what about that pass to Diver!). I admit to being anti-Zal in every way last season, but in my opinion, he more than justified his start at Ibrox next week alongside Berra.

Archived