Karipidis in midfield

AyrJambo

Don't think he's what we need there but credit due for the job he did today.

He's a footballer and I thought he put in a quietly solid shift today, won everything in the air and put himself about. Some tidy passing as well

I find it strange that he is the third central defender, Tall and Zaliukas being the others, that we have played in midfield. Still I agree, I thought he did well today.

Tall's gone is he not?

Yeah, I was just meaning that we have a trend of playing defenders in midfield for some reason :wacko:

True enough........... Zaliukas has been played there, Karipidis today, Tall when he was there and I seem to remember one game amidst the chaos of last season when Robbie was shunted into midfield!

Snake Plissken

Was there something wrong with Jonsson fitness-wise?

Kari did his best and put in a decent shift but I hope Eggert gets back in.

Broxburn_Jambo

Don't mean to rain on the parade but although he did well I thought him sitting in front of the back 4 dragged the whole midfield back towards our own goal. Thought we sat far too deep for the whole of the second half and were slightly fortunate that Motherwell went to sleep just after scoring the second goal.

Great result and performance but definitely things to work on, we will need to play better next week to win.

Carl Weathers

Ruben will be back next week - good news.

Although he put in a shift, I get nervous when CB's play in midfield.

Thought he was pretty solid. It gave the midfield some shape.

Has he not played there for PAOK before? He played in midfield against AEK for us.

Thought he had a great game.

Both him and Stewart gave the midfield that extra bite we haven't seen in a long time.

Agreed! We defended far too deeply at times as there was no-one moving out of defence quickly enough, don't want to see Karipidis play there too often to be honest

Whats the deal with Kara?

Why is he rumoured to be away? I've missed this.

Wife and young baby still in Greece. Old club now want to sign him apparently. :)

The People's Chimp
Ruben will be back next week - good news.

I'd really rather play jonsson in that role.

The game seemed to pass by him, maybe it was because MS was involved with most things in the midfield. but then he isnt a midfielder.

Karipidis did well yesterday but I don't think he has the pace for that role. Not sure why Eggert got left out - perhaps a wake up call from Csaba.

On the subject of Karipidis, he was fairly belting home the headers in the pre-match warm-up. Wish we had a centre-forward who can do that.

Archived