Why did Brines make Audrius leave?

Examiner

I'm curious, Audrius was injured as he scored and got treatment AFTER the goal - therefore the game had stopped.

Why did Brines make him leave the field after treatment and wait til after the restart to be called back on?

Is this correct? seemed wrong to me, but I am willing to be educated

Guest jambomickey
I'm curious, Audrius was injured as he scored and got treatment AFTER the goal - therefore the game had stopped.

Why did Brines make him leave the field after treatment and wait til after the restart to be called back on?

every time a player receives treatment they have to go off! he was very brave going for it though and it was a good goal

Mr Loverman

I said the same to my mates at the time - surely the ball was dead?

My brother thought the same thing, no surprise really I've always thought most people in the stands have a better grasp of the rules than these clowns

?1000 a game, thats probably more than half the Motherwell squad are on

wheatfield to sheffield

And a Policeman.

Ooh,that's vicious. I can't think of anything ruder you could have said about him.

There you all go. Far easier to say the ref is a knob than actually know the rules.

Fifa directive is a that if a player receives treatment for an injury he must leave the field of play for a passage of play. This was designed to stop all those south american and weegie bar stewards wasting time by rolling around for no reason. Thus brines was simply following the ruiles.

FFS

In fact the only thing brines did wrong was let Kiss an e a choos on too early

Malinga the Swinga

If you listen to Csaba's interview, he even makes a point of congratulating Brines on his performance. Nice touch, try and get some refs onside for a change.

There you all go. Far easier to say the ref is a knob than actually know the rules.

Fifa directive is a that if a player receives treatment for an injury he must leave the field of play for a passage of play. This was designed to stop all those south american and weegie bar stewards wasting time by rolling around for no reason. Thus brines was simply following the ruiles.

FFS

i thought that if a player suggests to the ref he should get his card out to book another player that the player, (clarkson first half after malcolm got booked). that they should be booked for unsportsmen like conduct. surely that is one mistake he made, also what about the clear hand ball that he says hit the murderwell players chest but the the linesman says no it hit his arm? you can defend them all you like fact remains the refs in scotland are terrible and they are moaning because the are not getting 1k a game they are all useless arseholes. FACT.;)

Guest jambomickey
i thought that if a player suggests to the ref he should get his card out to book another player that the player, (clarkson first half after malcolm got booked). that they should be booked for unsportsmen like conduct. surely that is one mistake he made, also what about the clear hand ball that he says hit the murderwell players chest but the the linesman says no it hit his arm? you can defend them all you like fact remains the refs in scotland are terrible and they are moaning because the are not getting 1k a game they are all useless arseholes. FACT.;)

by the way i think the ref and linesman done us a favour in the first half! he could easily have sent banks off for handling outside the area, be interesting to see that on the telly

And a Policeman.

You just know he's gutted he didn't take part in the farce at Parkhead last season.

No arguement there all refs are pish, simply in that one exchange of play

(the kissy goal), the ref was right.

But lets be honest, that was by far the best Brines has ever reffed a hearts games. He just didn't effect the result, and thats all I ask.

FFS

You're right, check page 69

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg%5fen%5f55753.pdf

Although in fairness most peoples understanding is that they have to leave if play is stopped when obviously play wasn't stopped for the injury today as it was the period after the goal was scored

by the way i think the ref and linesman done us a favour in the first half! he could easily have sent banks off for handling outside the area, be interesting to see that on the telly

i agree i was in section b row 6 (usually section g row 8 my son was one of the away mascots today) and saw the hole thing he was definately out his box, but so was smith second half near the end when kicking from hand he was at least 2 yards out his box before the ball left his hand to kick it up the park.

No arguement there all refs are pish, simply in that one exchange of play

(the kissy goal), the ref was right.

But lets be honest, that was by far the best Brines has ever reffed a hearts games. He just didn't effect the result, and thats all I ask.

all anybody asks for is consistency.

Do you know where hell is

FFS

Woah! Check out the big brain on bret, your a smart mother****er aint ya?

Take it easy mate no need to start acting the smart erse with your fellow jambos. Brines is an incompitent fart, a useless ***** who made many mistakes today for both sides. Banks should have walked as should malcolm, the number 14 for well handles the ball twice and the ref see's nothing, but his linesman did on one occasion. Audrey (rightly) gets booked for diving yet well do the same thing and nothing. Thats just a few examples of his utter pish performance, and these clowns want a grand a game.

FFS

Almost correct, but you forgot the mention unless the player is a goalkeeper, the goalies do not need to leave the field of play. As Audrey was not our keeper he had to go off.

My brother thought the same thing, no surprise really I've always thought most people in the stands have a better grasp of the rules than these clowns

?1000 a game, thats probably more than half the Motherwell squad are on

Poor fellow, is Malky, but what about his old man, his grand dad, and his great grand dad, his great great grand dad, and his great great great Grand dad. he must face up to reality they are NEVER Going to win the BIG CUP. shame.:rofl:

Send him off??? Yellow card tops. Free kick would have been fair

I agree the standard of refereeing is murder, even at amateur lavel. They are not worth a g but bwould you have their guts for the **** they take? Me no.

Brines did OK today..................nothing more - nothing less.

Nothing particularly contentious to deal with though. I think Audrey made the most of an outstretched leg and you're always going to get booked for that if it's in the box. Most of the crowd were baying for the Motherwell guy to get same treatment minutes later, but being in a less dangerous area of the pitch I think that was unlikely..........that's not to say that Miko wouldn't have got one had he done something similar in the middle of last season :eek:

Anyway, lets just hope we are going to get a fair crack this year. Shabba has done his bit and managed to slip a wee bit praise for Brines into his radio interview ;) and provided we 'keep the heid' and try and stay on our feet, then lets see who blinks first !

I thought Brines had an OK day.

Our players didn't try and wind him up which was good.

Last year we were always in the ref's face and this helped allienate them and put them against us.

Mikey nearly lost it. When he was on his mad charge I thought he was going to lunge in and get a second booking.

He would have last year.

Better attitude on the pitch yesterday

From a neutral and/or Motherwell point of view, Brines had one piece of outstanding refereeing. He was about to whistle for a foul when Makela lost the ball and clattered the 'Well guy but played on, and a couple of seconds later they had scored.

He's still a knob, though.

Poor fellow, is Malky, but what about his old man, his grand dad, and his great grand dad, his great great grand dad, and his great great great Grand dad. he must face up to reality they are NEVER Going to win the BIG CUP. shame.:rofl:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What are you slaverin' about, I'm a season ticket holder for 10 years with my cup final tickets taking pride of place at my desk at work

WheatfieldJambo
I said the same to my mates at the time - surely the ball was dead?

well then its the same if a player is injured if they are fouled. the free kick has been given, but they still go off.

its just the rules

rossthejambo
Why wasn't David Clarkson booked for diving? (twice)

that was my big problem with brines yesterday. consistency. the first clarkson dive was 5 minutes max after he booked ksanavicius so why not book him too?? then the second time probably wouldnt happen.

clarkson has always been a wee cheat

Brines looks like one of the Proclaimers without the glasses.

Another reason to dislike him on top of him being a boaby socket.

Archived